• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1998 Town Car" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1998 Town Car" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Town Car Photo Gallery

Danmanltc

My 2011 Continental Edition, now only about 10,500 original miles. Tint and HID headlights. Sadly the OEM original whitewalls were just replaced with regular black walls. Like a brand new car almost. Great deal I couldn't pass up, always wanted one of these. Overall gas mileage isn't too much worse than my V6 Infiniti. Similar.

Attachments

jkeaton

Winston Salem, NC
looks great. how do you like the air filter? do you notice any hp difference? how does it sound? thx
There is no HP gain. I did gain some seat of the pants throttle response and the sound reminds me of old school 4bbl carburetors when the secondaries opened up. I only did this mod for that purpose. The throttle response was a nice bonus.

gilhealy

There is no HP gain. I did gain some seat of the pants throttle response and the sound reminds me of old school 4bbl carburetors when the secondaries opened up. I only did this mod for that purpose. The throttle response was a nice bonus.
Nice. It looks great. I put a K&N in mine and it seemed to open things up a bit. What color paint did you use on the engine cover?

Last edited:

jkeaton

Winston Salem, NC
My previous car was a Mustang (03 GT Convertible), my daughter is on her 3rd and her husband has a 1969 Mach I. I have been a member of this club for about 5 years. Now I no longer have the mustang, but do have a 4 door mustang.... : )....

Our club went on a cruise this past weekend. I brought up the rear in the Town Car.

Attachments

LTC-CARTIER

This is my 1998 Signature project car. It was originally from Florida, then spend many years in NYC. It has 192K and its current engine is from a 1999 CVPI. Among other things, it needs a heater core. I plan on converting the car back to a regular painted roof.

Hello,
May I ask what you gonna do with your side marker covers on the doorposts!??
I have a 2003 Towncar Cartier Extended Version and I can't find any replacement for my car.
As I was looking at your Car I thought I saw the same covers on yours, and since you mention that
you want to convert back to a painted roof you may consider to sell the 2 Covers!
If not you may know where I could get some
For your consideration, time and effort Thank You!
Robert 2003 Lincoln Towncar Cartier Edition.jpg

CartierCruiser

Canada
My 2011 Continental Edition, now only about 10,500 original miles. Tint and HID headlights. Sadly the OEM original whitewalls were just replaced with regular black walls. Like a brand new car almost. Great deal I couldn't pass up, always wanted one of these. Overall gas mileage isn't too much worse than my V6 Infiniti. Similar.
Beautiful car! Always loved the narrow white walls on these, the appearance just ties the whole car together. I was stressed when I learned after buying my 2003 that those tires were discontinued. (I think in 2004). Mine also came on black walls. Still the Michelin Energy LX4's, just missing the white. They're basically impossible to find online or here in Ontario. Did extensive searches and discovered Travelstar narrow white walls, but with terrible reviews and they're prone to browning without reason. Vogue brand looks nice on these cars but expensive to get to Canada. Congratulations on finding your Town Car and good luck if you're searching for different tires.

HTML