• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1998 Town Car" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1998 Town Car" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Town Car Photo Gallery

jylincoln

Hello,
May I ask what you gonna do with your side marker covers on the doorposts!??
I have a 2003 Towncar Cartier Extended Version and I can't find any replacement for my car.
As I was looking at your Car I thought I saw the same covers on yours, and since you mention that
you want to convert back to a painted roof you may consider to sell the 2 Covers!
If not you may know where I could get some
For your consideration, time and effort Thank You!
Robert View attachment 7061
I don't think you would want the side marker covers that are on my car. They are thoroughly baked, brittle and unusable. Landau tops were added by dealers, not installed at the factory. Your best bet would be to contact a dealership that installs/installed such tops, or another shop that still does. Have you looked on eBay?

I'm sure some Limo companies still use those lights; that could be another lead for you. You could also try searching "Coach lights" or "opera lights", as many people call them. They have to be out there somewhere. Good luck with your search.

Nice looking Lincoln BTW

Last edited:

LTC-CARTIER

I don't think you would want the side marker covers that are on my car. They are thoroughly baked, brittle and unusable. Landau tops were added by dealers, not installed at the factory. Your best bet would be to contact a dealership that installs/installed such tops, or another shop that still does. Have you looked on eBay?

I'm sure some Limo companies still use those lights; that could be another lead for you. You could also try searching "Coach lights" or "opera lights", as many people call them. They have to be out there somewhere. Good luck with your search.

Nice looking Lincoln BTW
Thank you for the time spent to answer and the comment about my 03

My 2011 Continental Edition, now only about 10,500 original miles. Tint and HID headlights. Sadly the OEM original whitewalls were just replaced with regular black walls. Like a brand new car almost. Great deal I couldn't pass up, always wanted one of these. Overall gas mileage isn't too much worse than my V6 Infiniti. Similar.
That Town Car has an excellent stance. There is a level of sportiness that comes with all of this luxury. Nice.

Helmax

Here's my 2003 TC Executive. It has 60,410 original miles as of right now. It has one owner prior to me. It looks as if the car has set out beneath a pine tree possibly. So it needs a good washing, it's hard to keep a nice car nice here in muddy WV...

I didn't realize how much I would love this car. This is my first Lincoln, I've had several Fords in the past and always liked them. But this car is different, I really love it and after driving it the first time I'll probably always keep it.

It needs some touch-ups here and there, but overall it's in great shape. I need to clean the rims up and replace the center caps. I'm going to pick up a car cover for it until I get my garage built. I just snapped this pic the day I got it.

Hopefully I'll have an updated pic with some of the odds and ends cleaned up in the next couple months...

20191128_120721.jpg

Don't mind my muddy driveway by the way, lol, it's a work in progress. We just finished our house build in the last year...

Helmax

Oh and by the way, my headlights are on the top of my list of repairs. I'm going to try to clean the lenses. My drivers side headlight assy has moisture in it. I'm hoping I can source a replacement gasket. I'm assuming there's a gasket/seal sandwiched between the two halves of the headlight.

Also hoping to upgrade it to HID but have some research to do on that subject...

Helmax

Cleaned mine up a bit. It has moisture in the drivers side headlight so I'm gping to pull both headlight assemblies and restore and reseal them. The PO bumped the front passenger side bumper so I'm going to have to get a new bumper cover.

Going to get the fog light front bumper cover and fog lights and just upgrade that all together. I'm hoping there is wiring there in the harness so all I have to do is get the fog light assemblies and the light switch with fog light button. Will have to dig into it.

20191201_143622.jpg
20191201_143653.jpg
Cleaned the interior, door jambs, roof drains, weather stripping, etc. This car must have sat under trees in the past. It had that old, nasty leave goop in every crevice of the seals and trim. A lot of work but now I don't have to worry about it leaking.
20191201_143804.jpg
A good vacuum and carpet cleaning, leather conditioner and some kind of protective coating on the plastic and it's back to what it should be...

What do you do with the Limo? I toyed with the idea of buying a small stretch limo (two back seats facing each other version), instead of the minivan. Guess which won?
UMMMMMM..... The LIMO won, in your heart. You should get one if you can. It was on my bucket list for decades. I bought without much of a plan except to enjoy it and share it with my friends. I imagine if someone private wanted to contract with me on a regular basis i would consider it.

Danmanltc

Oh and by the way, my headlights are on the top of my list of repairs. I'm going to try to clean the lenses. My drivers side headlight assy has moisture in it. I'm hoping I can source a replacement gasket. I'm assuming there's a gasket/seal sandwiched between the two halves of the headlight.

Also hoping to upgrade it to HID but have some research to do on that subject...
I had HID headlights installed in my 2011 Town Car. Had a reputable electronics/car shop install it by me, It was $275.00 + tax? HID 5000k. Huge difference at night vs the stock headlights. They do not blind other drivers, I tested. I have not been high beamed by other drivers. in my 2011, HID are only missing option I didn't have. My shop said to NOT do the LED, they said HID for my particular car were better.

raiderfan247365

Western Oregon
I had HID headlights installed in my 2011 Town Car. Had a reputable electronics/car shop install it by me, It was $275.00 + tax? HID 5000k. Huge difference at night vs the stock headlights. They do not blind other drivers, I tested. I have not been high beamed by other drivers. in my 2011, HID are only missing option I didn't have. My shop said to NOT do the LED, they said HID for my particular car were better.
Oh you mean you didn't want to shell out the ~$400 per assembly to replace the housings with HID housing 😂???

Some folks on here have had some success installing LED's in later model Town Cars but I wonder if your local guys are onto something with the HID suggestion. If the housings for the Halogen and HID assemblies are cosmetically the same with some ballasts added, installing HID's may be the way to go.

Danmanltc

Oh you mean you didn't want to shell out the ~$400 per assembly to replace the housings with HID housing 😂???

Some folks on here have had some success installing LED's in later model Town Cars but I wonder if your local guys are onto something with the HID suggestion. If the housings for the Halogen and HID assemblies are cosmetically the same with some ballasts added, installing HID's may be the way to go.
LOL. My stock headlight assemblies are like brand new on the 2011 Town Car, kind of like the rest of the car, it spent a lot of time garaged, no fog/condensention and no yellow or grey film on them, crystal clear. It would be a waste of $$ to change them out.

kdv

UMMMMMM..... The LIMO won, in your heart. You should get one if you can. It was on my bucket list for decades. I bought without much of a plan except to enjoy it and share it with my friends. I imagine if someone private wanted to contract with me on a regular basis i would consider it.
Just be careful if hiring it out, liability issues and all. The limo idea for me just wasn't practical, it'd be very nice on long drives, and that "shut the **** up window" between me and the kids would be nice... But it'd be the wife driving it, and guaranteed it'd be bounced over curbs, denting other cars in parking lots, wrapped around fire hydrants, etc. And as much as I hate to say it - the mini van is very handy and practical. Even if it is a piece of junk, and depreciates faster than I can pay it off!

HTML