Town Car Photo Gallery

Russ T.

Here's my 2003 TC Executive. It has 60,410 original miles as of right now. It has one owner prior to me. It looks as if the car has set out beneath a pine tree possibly. So it needs a good washing, it's hard to keep a nice car nice here in muddy WV...

I didn't realize how much I would love this car. This is my first Lincoln, I've had several Fords in the past and always liked them. But this car is different, I really love it and after driving it the first time I'll probably always keep it.

It needs some touch-ups here and there, but overall it's in great shape. I need to clean the rims up and replace the center caps. I'm going to pick up a car cover for it until I get my garage built. I just snapped this pic the day I got it.

Hopefully I'll have an updated pic with some of the odds and ends cleaned up in the next couple months...

View attachment 7136

Don't mind my muddy driveway by the way, lol, it's a work in progress. We just finished our house build in the last year...
Nice car, check your recalls, a faulty right rear axle was common but 1st owner may have fixed it. Easy car to fix, have owned ten of them as I had a limo service. double din DVD player can easily be installed in dash. you may want to easily upgrade your speakers although stock speakers are decent if car was kept in a garage since 2003? Find a local junkyard with town cars 2003-2011, cause little things can be found cheap that wear out inside car trim. Also junkyards can be a great place to find complete headlights cheap, enjoy your car, two of mine I drive daily have 438k and 332k miles on them!

Russ T.

Here's my 1998 Town Car Cartier. She's only got 145k on the clock. Had her in the family since 1999, got her with 3,498k miles from the stealership.
I'm the third owner :) and I take very good care of her even when I do abuse her.
Garage kept for 80% of her life. My 260z keeps her company.
I still have my 2001,black on black town car, best sporty luxury car ever. Found an unscratched Cartier 2000 in the local junkyard, white with vanilla soft Cartier leather inside, only an ashtray was missing! Tried to buy it but the junkyard refused saying they only sell parts! I nearly cried as I removed the hood , front bumper, both quarter panels from a perfect car.

Russ T.

You know, i don't really like these cars in shades of red much, but damn, that's pretty.
I have owned a 92,94,95,97,2000,2001,2003,2004,05,07,10 Lincoln Town Cars. Trust me,95-97 were the worst years so sell it while it is pretty. Buy a 98-2002, a perfect combination of sporty and luxury. You can go to the 2003-2011 and be happier also. The gas mileage on the 98-2011 is surprisingly good, usually 18 city but up to 25 on highway, I actually get 28 driving 45-55mph! I will be buried with my Lincoln.

Russ T.

LOL. My stock headlight assemblies are like brand new on the 2011 Town Car, kind of like the rest of the car, it spent a lot of time garaged, no fog/condensention and no yellow or grey film on them, crystal clear. It would be a waste of $$ to change them out.
Yeah, h-i-d lights are a waste of money. Stock Town Car lights are safer, easy to maintain at home.

Russ T.

Oh you mean you didn't want to shell out the ~$400 per assembly to replace the housings with HID housing 😂???

Some folks on here have had some success installing LED's in later model Town Cars but I wonder if your local guys are onto something with the HID suggestion. If the housings for the Halogen and HID assemblies are cosmetically the same with some ballasts added, installing HID's may be the way to go.
HID's are not the way to go, trust me, just put higher watt bulbs in your stock headlights. I have owned 12 town cars, still have four including a limo. Tried lots of experimentation with lighting, stay with OEM lighting, just get better bulbs and you can do it in your driveway.

Russ T.

UMMMMMM..... The LIMO won, in your heart. You should get one if you can. It was on my bucket list for decades. I bought without much of a plan except to enjoy it and share it with my friends. I imagine if someone private wanted to contract with me on a regular basis i would consider it.
Small 72 inch stretch limo, "six-pack" is the perfect car. Don't get anything bigger and you will use it forever. Gets 24 on highway also.

Russ T.

Cleaned mine up a bit. It has moisture in the drivers side headlight so I'm gping to pull both headlight assemblies and restore and reseal them. The PO bumped the front passenger side bumper so I'm going to have to get a new bumper cover.

Going to get the fog light front bumper cover and fog lights and just upgrade that all together. I'm hoping there is wiring there in the harness so all I have to do is get the fog light assemblies and the light switch with fog light button. Will have to dig into it.

View attachment 7140
View attachment 7141
Cleaned the interior, door jambs, roof drains, weather stripping, etc. This car must have sat under trees in the past. It had that old, nasty leave goop in every crevice of the seals and trim. A lot of work but now I don't have to worry about it leaking.
View attachment 7142
A good vacuum and carpet cleaning, leather conditioner and some kind of protective coating on the plastic and it's back to what it should be...
Nice car, I have owned at least 12 town cars thru my limo business. Don't go HID lighting. Get some better, higher watt bulbs. You may get lucky at your local junkyards and find some clear almost new headlights, cheap. Check the condition of the rubber gasket surrounds on the light to be sure rubber not dried out. If you get water on front floor after a heavy rain, common problem, spend an afternoon resealing fresh air intake located under passenger wiper area, windshield cowl.

raiderfan247365

Western Oregon
HID's are not the way to go, trust me, just put higher watt bulbs in your stock headlights. I have owned 12 town cars, still have four including a limo. Tried lots of experimentation with lighting, stay with OEM lighting, just get better bulbs and you can do it in your driveway.
I hear you, the later model TC's came with HID lights as an optional package I believe, so they are OEM HID's :)

Danmanltc

I had HID installed in my 2011 town car, they look great, like OEM. HID were only missing option I didn't have. Huge difference over the stock Halogens at night. You have to watch with higher wattage bulbs, if you go to high, you can cause damage to the wiring and lens assembly from higher heat, a friend starting melting his wires and part of lens years back on a Nissan Altima, lol. HID bulbs do not get as hot as Halogen/higher wattage bulbs.

HTML