2020 standard lincoln corsair missing engine appearance cover

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

hak36

So i recently reserved a standard trim 2020 corsair from a third party dealer who's bought it from the ford/lincoln dealership directly (I've called and verified that the car is indeed brand new and purchased from them).
A few days ago i was there assessing the car. I pop open the hood and lo and behold the engine is without an appearance cover. The employees at the dealership claim they don't know how that is. I told them to open the hood of another 2020 standard corsair (which was already also sold) and i did infact see the cover there.
I did some digging around and saw some reviews on youtube. The 2021 corsairs (or at least some of the ones i saw reviews of) had no engine covers, yet aa of the 2020 reviews had them.
Any idea why this might be? I read on some forum somewhere that all corsairs produced after june 2020 came without the engine cover due to supply chain issues, but i wasn't able to verify that. If anyone has any idea/can point me to some official lincoln documentation as to why this may be, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks

JB IN AZ

I ordered these part numbers: Cover Part# K2GZ-6A949-B Stud part # AG9Z00812-D

When looking at a 2020 Corsair with the engine cover installed, from the top, the "stud" looks like this part number: 8E5Z-00812-A see image: 8E5Z-00812-A with an obvious hex shaped "nut" ...

While the part I ordered : AG9Z00812-D appears to look like this: see image: AG9Z-00812-D

Comments? Thanks!

Last edited:

Corsart

I ordered these part numbers: Cover Part# K2GZ-6A949-B Stud part # AG9Z00812-D

When looking at a 2020 Corsair with the engine cover installed, from the top, the "stud" looks like this part number: 8E5Z-00812-A see image: 8E5Z-00812-A with an obvious hex shaped "nut" ...

While the part I ordered : AG9Z00812-D appears to look like this: see image: AG9Z-00812-D

Comments? Thanks!
JB, I think you should call whoever you ordered the parts from. The pics aren't necessarily representative of the actual part. They need to pull it and confirm. You need two different studs.

One, a hex nut stud, like 8E5Z-00812-A which attaches at the upper left, thru the deep rectangular indentation in the cover.

The opposite corner uses a stud with a ball at the top, which pops into a corresponding socket type attachment on the cover, like this: F2GZ-6A957-A

I searched the catalogs and couldn't find the correct applications for the Corsair 2.0, so it must be on an off line catalog.

JB IN AZ

JB, I think you should call whoever you ordered the parts from. The pics aren't necessarily representative of the actual part. They need to pull it and confirm. You need two different studs.

One, a hex nut stud, like 8E5Z-00812-A which attaches at the upper left, thru the deep rectangular indentation in the cover.

The opposite corner uses a stud with a ball at the top, which pops into a corresponding socket type attachment on the cover, like this: F2GZ-6A957-A

I searched the catalogs and couldn't find the correct applications for the Corsair 2.0, so it must be on an off line catalog.
Thank you, @Corsart ! At this point, I am so confused, and I'll just wait until the two parts I already ordered arrive. (which are actually for a 2020 Nautilus 2.0)

I DID look at a 2020 used Corsair at my Lincoln dealer which had the cover, and three corners attached via a snap ball type thing that my Corsair seems to have only two. I now see that the missing parts are the left upper through the hole "stud" which seems to have a hex nut on it as has been mentioned, and another of the snap on (socket?) attachment points at the front right.

I called three different Ford/Lincoln parts places this morning and got three different answers, all different than what the posters here said. The posters said the parts I ordered are the correct ones. These dealers all said Ford has deleted them due to heat issues. ROFL

Thanks again and I will post again when I receive what I have already ordered. I may still need to order part # F2GZ-6A957-A

Last edited:

Corsart

Thank you, @Corsart ! At this point, I am so confused, and I'll just wait until the two parts I already ordered arrive. (which are for actually a 2020 Nautilus 2.0)

I DID look at a 2020 used Corsair at my Lincoln dealer, and three corners attached via a snap ball type thing that my Corsair seems to have only two. I now see that the missing parts are the left upper through the hole "stud" which seems to have a hex nut on it as has been mentioned, and another of the snap on (socket?) attachment points at the front right.

I called three different Ford/Lincoln parts places this morning and got three different answers, all different than what the posters here said. The posters said the parts I ordered are the correct ones. These dealers all said Ford has deleted them due to heat issues. ROFL

Thanks again and I will post again when I receive what I have already ordered. I may still need to order part # F2GZ-6A957-A
I'd bet these are the right parts:

Eric1GT

Although its always risky to get into other's heads, I'm inclined to agree here. A car company needs to balance short term profits with the desirability of long term profits, and American car companies have almost always chosen the former. And that's a large part of why the automotive landscape is no longer the sole province of the domestics.
Exactly! Just when they started to come back with better quality and lower prices, they seem to have forgotten decades of lessons slowly learned. It's pretty stupid to nickel and dime customers, especially on high-end product lines... Made worse in this case by not just admitting a supply chain issue or whatever, and replacing the covers on cars where customers ask about it. Telling us the part is not available is an outright lie, despite the fact they may have actually removed it from the Corsair parts list. It's still clearly pictured in the owner's manual, seeming to imply it's a missing part now. The Nautilus cover fits perfectly as others have said even Escape does, but I wouldn't want the Ford Logo when I can get the proper Lincoln logo on the cover. Looks nice, but I'm still working on the right studs, and how to install them on the back two mounting holes. Stu offered the cover part number and one of the two additional studs needed, but it appears a nut is also necessary, and the right rear position looking from the front of the car needs a stud similar to the built-in ones... It's fun figuring it all out, but we sure shouldn't have to. I'm also really working hard to get the right hitch installed for my bike rack. So far a real pain.

Eric1GT

I'd bet these are the right parts:

I don't know the part number of the stud now on order for my cover, but I'd bet that one indicated in the linked parts breakdown as #3 is the ball stud we need for that position. The one marked #2 is the correct stud for that side, but it also needs a nut, not shown. I'll share more details on this forum when my parts come in next week to wrap this up. It's funny that they chose to use the same drawing for both uniquely different studs, but at least the nomenclature and part numbers are different. :cool: I used the numbers that Stu provided and I got the cover and stud #2. I've got the nut and stud #3 on order now. I've attached a drawing my dealer shared that shows a slightly more representative drawing of the #3 ball stud on the oemfordpartsfast.com site. It also shows the nut (HN1) and the ball stud (HS1) that I've ordered.

Attachments

• Engine Top Cover Drawing with mounting parts.pdf
    411 KB · Views: 2

Eric1GT

This is a chance for Lincoln to change perceptions but things like giving the reserve the hard touch plastic on the doors, removing the temp LED screen, changing the rear cup holders to match the escape, removing the small net in the cargo area, not providing the cargo cover, making the spare donut an option without offering run flat tires, removing the engine cover, etc leave a bad impression
Too many bean counters leaning heavily on more customer focused marketing and sales types... I'm sure are the same group that helped Toyota take over the car market. You can't cut corners on product, price or service and expect to lead your competitors in anything.

Eric1GT

Actually, I think I need F2GZ-6A957-A for the front right( as view from front of car)...We'll see.
Thanks again, you are an asset to this group!
I agree. I looked up that part specifically and the picture is much more clear showing the ball stud I hoped I had on order not knowing much more than what the parts guy and I talked about...

Here it is at another parts site:

Corsart

Exactly! Just when they started to come back with better quality and lower prices, they seem to have forgotten decades of lessons slowly learned. It's pretty stupid to nickel and dime customers, especially on high-end product lines... Made worse in this case by not just admitting a supply chain issue or whatever, and replacing the covers on cars where customers ask about it. Telling us the part is not available is an outright lie, despite the fact they may have actually removed it from the Corsair parts list. It's still clearly pictured in the owner's manual, seeming to imply it's a missing part now. The Nautilus cover fits perfectly as others have said even Escape does, but I wouldn't want the Ford Logo when I can get the proper Lincoln logo on the cover. Looks nice, but I'm still working on the right studs, and how to install them on the back two mounting holes. Stu offered the cover part number and one of the two additional studs needed, but it appears a nut is also necessary, and the right rear position looking from the front of the car needs a stud similar to the built-in ones... It's fun figuring it all out, but we sure shouldn't have to. I'm also really working hard to get the right hitch installed for my bike rack. So far a real pain.
The ball stud fits the right upper corner, and the left corner stud should come with the bolt attached. If not, that n easy hardware store fix...the stud itself is mounted low so you do not see the bolt always.

No one ever saved their way to leadership, especially in the car business and most especially in the luxury business.

JB IN AZ

The cover and one "stud" (Part # AG9Z00812-D) arrived, and I installed it. It sure makes the engine compartment look as it should!

I still have this: F2GZ-6A957-A arriving for the driver's side "snap" attachment.

I wasn't sure how to attach the stud AG9Z00812-D. I just screwed it through the cover and into the threaded part on the manifold. It is fastened securely, but the stud part (threads) seems to stick up more than I remember seeing on the used 2020 that I looked at on the dealer's lot. I didn't see any other way to install it. There is a metal "sleeve" around the stud that doesn't fit through the hole in the cover. It seems to me that this sleeve should be under the cover, and the nut (hex) part on top. Any ideas?

A picture: Somehow the pic. got rotated. (Flashlight in upper parrt of image) 20210515_143438.jpg

Corsart

View attachment 10422
Here is what it should look like with stud attached to motor. Cover goes right on top and is held in place by nylock nut.
Hmmmm..........

The stud on the upper right should thread into the manifold and have a small ball on top which presses into a corresponding socket on the cover.

The upper right should come thru the recessed rectangle, and secure with a nut, deep into the recess so you don't really see it. If yours looks like that, then you've got it.

Agree that the engine looks the part with the cover.

JB IN AZ

Mine on the passenger side is secure, but the stud is NOT deep in the recess. There is a sleeve attached to the stud, that rotates freely. It is currently above the engine cover. I'm guessing it is not needed, as the hole in the recessed part of the engine cover has a metal surround, and this sits directly on the female fitting on the engine. I could probably open this sleeve along the side enough to get it off the stud, but then I would need a longer socket! The OCD in me wants it right. LOL

Corsart

Mine on the passenger side is secure, but the stud is NOT deep in the recess. There is a sleeve attached to the stud, that rotates freely. It is currently above the engine cover. I'm guessing it is not needed, as the hole in the recessed part of the engine cover has a metal surround, and this sits directly on the female fitting on the engine. I could probably open this sleeve along the side enough to get it off the stud, but then I would need a longer socket! The OCD in me wants it right. LOL
JB, there should be a sleeve that just pokes thru the deep rectangular opening, and a bolt that attaches it on top to the cover itself. It seems like stud you got isn't right.

As an FWIW, "OCD" would suggest some irrational or unreasonable need on your part, which is different than simply wanting the thing to look right.

JB IN AZ

JB, there should be a sleeve that just pokes thru the deep rectangular opening, and a bolt that attaches it on top to the cover itself. It seems like stud you got isn't right.

As an FWIW, "OCD" would suggest some irrational or unreasonable need on your part, which is different than simply wanting the thing to look right.
Yeah, the sleeve doesn't poke through, is too big around... and if it was on the bottom of the cover, the cover would be way too high on that corner.

Guess you are right about OCD. LOL

Corsart

Yeah, the sleeve doesn't poke through, is too big around... and if it was on the bottom of the cover, the cover would be way too high on that corner.

Guess you are right about OCD. LOL
I would take it off so it doesn't damage the cover, and get parts to order the right part.

It should be OK, for now if the other ball and sockets are securely engaged.

She is a sweet ride either way. enjoy.

Akellerman7772

Get it.

Agreed 100% with your annoyance. When I drove mine home for the first time with that new car excitement, and I opened the hood I was...insulted. I bought a Lincoln for a reason, and looking at that really ugly engine wasn't it. You might rarely open the hood, but knowing its dressed properly will make you feel better, the $100 is well spent. That Lincoln/Ford should have included this, or that you shouldn't have to do this is besides the point. make the car yours, and let them know what you think of their decision.
Do you have the part numbers for cover and studs