2020 standard lincoln corsair missing engine appearance cover

hak36

So i recently reserved a standard trim 2020 corsair from a third party dealer who's bought it from the ford/lincoln dealership directly (I've called and verified that the car is indeed brand new and purchased from them).
A few days ago i was there assessing the car. I pop open the hood and lo and behold the engine is without an appearance cover. The employees at the dealership claim they don't know how that is. I told them to open the hood of another 2020 standard corsair (which was already also sold) and i did infact see the cover there.
I did some digging around and saw some reviews on youtube. The 2021 corsairs (or at least some of the ones i saw reviews of) had no engine covers, yet aa of the 2020 reviews had them.
Any idea why this might be? I read on some forum somewhere that all corsairs produced after june 2020 came without the engine cover due to supply chain issues, but i wasn't able to verify that. If anyone has any idea/can point me to some official lincoln documentation as to why this may be, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks

Marc

LOL, yes. I was lucky that they had mine, with the colors and options in stock and ready to go. I don't do "Wait" very well. They're saying full production by second q which doesn't sound good for your time frame. What des the dealer say?
I am supposed to get an update tomorrow from the dealer.
If it looks like a delivery beyond April I may reconsider my choice. Will see.

Corsart

I am supposed to get an update tomorrow from the dealer.
If it looks like a delivery beyond April I may reconsider my choice. Will see.
Good luck! The colors and options you've spec'd might be available at other dealers, maybe yours can locate and deliver it to you?

Marc

Good luck! The colors and options you've spec'd might be available at other dealers, maybe yours can locate and deliver it to you?
Thanks!
Already checked...ordering was not my first choice!
There is an Iced Moka near me but spec. 200. I really want 201

cvcman

Explain to us, if you would, WHY you would buy a brand new Lincoln from a "third party dealer" instead of from a Lincoln dealer that could and would properly prep and service the vehicle and, likely, be your warranting dealership.
Don’t assume that buying from a Lincoln dealer means they prep the car ..
I bought a brand new MKC and it was for sure NOT prepped !

Black Label

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Burr Ridge, IL
True. Mine took forever in the financing office on the crappy Ford side of the building. Made us late for an event that we should have had made easily. Discovered they did a terrible job prepping the vehicle.

Brought it back the next day. They did a much better job that day.

Those and a couple other issues, they ended up sending me a check for $250 for my trouble.

Corsart

cvcman

Junior Member​

SGilbert said:
Explain to us, if you would, WHY you would buy a brand new Lincoln from a "third party dealer" instead of from a Lincoln dealer that could and would properly prep and service the vehicle and, likely, be your warranting dealership.

How are you defining "Prep"? At the very least, a wash and dry, taking all the wrap off the interior, making sure the mats are down, and a full tank of gas are the basics..and the dealer gets extra $$ from Ford for completion. They aren't just doing you a favor, they are fulfilling the contract with Ford to obtain the "Dealer prep" reimbursement from them. I personally wouldn't take delivery of a car w/o that minimum of effort, regardless of brand, but especially from Lincoln.

My dealer is a large dualie with Ford and mine was delivered to perfection, as was the whole buying and delivery experience. Part of that is them and their business model, but part of that is just me, I don't suffer fools gladly, especially when I'm offering to do business with them and give them my hard earned money and loyalty. As I said on some other thread, as long as customers tolerate poor treatment, it will sadly continue.

Black Label

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Burr Ridge, IL

cvcman

Junior Member​

How are you defining "Prep"? At the very least, a wash and dry, taking all the wrap off the interior, making sure the mats are down, and a full tank of gas are the basics..and the dealer gets extra $$ from Ford for completion. They aren't just doing you a favor, they are fulfilling the contract with Ford to obtain the "Dealer prep" reimbursement from them. I personally wouldn't take delivery of a car w/o that minimum of effort, regardless of brand, but especially from Lincoln.

My dealer is a large dualie with Ford and mine was delivered to perfection, as was the whole buying and delivery experience. Part of that is them and their business model, but part of that is just me, I don't suffer fools gladly, especially when I'm offering to do business with them and give them my hard earned money and loyalty. As I said on some other thread, as long as customers tolerate poor treatment, it will sadly continue.
Who are you replying to because I didn't read any comments that anyone of us wrote that said we tolerated poor treatment.

cvcman

cvcman

Junior Member​

Ok we made the deal , paid cash , was told I could pick up the next day because they needed to put it thru their multi point inspection and make it perfect for us .
Was supposed to be ready the next day but it took and extra day .
Picked it up .. left rear tire was almost flat , the other three were at less than 20psi.
The drivers side entry lighting on the rocker didn’t work , they had removed the battery cover because the battery was dead ..
Never put it back on and it was down between the engine and radiator .
None of the fluids were topped off,
The tires and rims still had orange paint marker on them .. as did the windshield .
So much for the fussy multi point check right ...

Corsart

Ok we made the deal , paid cash , was told I could pick up the next day because they needed to put it thru their multi point inspection and make it perfect for us .
Was supposed to be ready the next day but it took and extra day .
Picked it up .. left rear tire was almost flat , the other three were at less than 20psi.
The drivers side entry lighting on the rocker didn’t work , they had removed the battery cover because the battery was dead ..
Never put it back on and it was down between the engine and radiator .
None of the fluids were topped off,
The tires and rims still had orange paint marker on them .. as did the windshield .
So much for the fussy multi point check right ...
And you took the car?!

As I said, as long as customers accept this it will continue. It would have been advantageous for you to examine the car before writing the check or signing anything.

cvcman

And you took the car?!

As I said, as long as customers accept this it will continue. It would have been advantageous for you to examine the car before writing the check or signing anything.
Ahh eventually yes , after getting the owner of the stealership involved ..

JB IN AZ

The engine cover is available thru parts, it should have one if only for added sound absorption...it's made of a foam material. Make sure to get the mounting stud for the upper right corner.
Just took delivery of a 21 Reserve. I will join this forum..but first...My dealer says the cover is not available. Would you possibly have part numbers?

bbf2530

Just took delivery of a 21 Reserve. I will join this forum..but first...My dealer says the cover is not available. Would you possibly have part numbers?
Hi JC. If no one here can give you the part number, simply stop by of call the Parts Department of your local Lincoln or Ford Dealer and ask for the part number. Have your VIN handy when you do.

On a related note: I find it better to stop by and ask when possible, since people will often give better service to someone standing in front of them, than an anonymous voice on the phone.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

JB IN AZ

Hi JC. If no one here can give you the part number, simply stop by of call the Parts Department of your local Lincoln or Ford Dealer and ask for the part number. Have your VIN handy when you do.

On a related note: I find it better to stop by and ask when possible, since people will often give better service to someone standing in front of them, than an anonymous voice on the phone.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.
Was there for 30 minutes today... they "found the part" but there was "no part number"... hence my query. Thanks!

JB IN AZ

I found an online site that shows an engine cover for a 2020 Nautilus 2.0T I am wondering if this is the same as the apparently discontinued Corsair cover? Sometimes the part will have a part number on it, but I can't look as I don't have it. Would anyone who has an early 2020 Corsair 2.0 be willing to see if this part number is on their cover and/or confirm this # for me? If not I understand. Thanks!

part # (K2GZ-6A949-B)​

Corsart

I found an online site that shows an engine cover for a 2020 Nautilus 2.0T I am wondering if this is the same as the apparently discontinued Corsair cover? Sometimes the part will have a part number on it, but I can't look as I don't have it. Would anyone who has an early 2020 Corsair 2.0 be willing to see if this part number is on their cover and/or confirm this # for me? If not I understand. Thanks!

part # (K2GZ-6A949-B)​

The 2.0 Nautilus cover should interchange with the Corsair. Make sure you get the mounting stud for the right upper corner.

Corsart

Thank you! That is what I was thinking. And I read here about the mounting stud, but appreciate the reminder!
The cover itself..a handsome, hard foam material, attaches with a ball and socket receptacle...line them up and press firmly...a very interesting bit of engineering...and the upper left corner attaches (for some unknown reason) with specialized hex nut socket...be prepared to ask service to help, or get a universal hex nut attachment socket on Amazon.

The cover dresses the engine up like a Coco Chanel creation, the difference is really quite profound.