2020 standard lincoln corsair missing engine appearance cover

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

hak36

So i recently reserved a standard trim 2020 corsair from a third party dealer who's bought it from the ford/lincoln dealership directly (I've called and verified that the car is indeed brand new and purchased from them).
A few days ago i was there assessing the car. I pop open the hood and lo and behold the engine is without an appearance cover. The employees at the dealership claim they don't know how that is. I told them to open the hood of another 2020 standard corsair (which was already also sold) and i did infact see the cover there.
I did some digging around and saw some reviews on youtube. The 2021 corsairs (or at least some of the ones i saw reviews of) had no engine covers, yet aa of the 2020 reviews had them.
Any idea why this might be? I read on some forum somewhere that all corsairs produced after june 2020 came without the engine cover due to supply chain issues, but i wasn't able to verify that. If anyone has any idea/can point me to some official lincoln documentation as to why this may be, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks

hak36

Car still has a valid 5 year warranty and 3 year servife plan (called the dealership and asked). Plus i managed to get it at a 20% discount since it was technically used.

Now that that's out of the way, you got any ideas?

Dguffin

SD
Lincoln stopped putting the Corsair cover on after a build date in 2020. I'm seeing more and more covers being deleted on other Ford products to save money.

bbf2530

Car still has a valid 5 year warranty and 3 year servife plan (called the dealership and asked). Plus i managed to get it at a 20% discount since it was technically used.

Now that that's out of the way, you got any ideas?

Hi hak, The reason for the "missing" engine cover is due to as you read, a mid-year "Build" change. Why did Lincoln eliminate it? Perhaps cost savings, perhaps supply constraints, perhaps a little of both.

I would make one recommendation: If you have not done so already, check with Lincoln as to whether you need to have the "valid 5 year warranty and 3 year service plan" transferred over to your name from the previous owners. Some ESP Plans require that (with a small fee).

Good luck.

Corsart

The engine cover is available thru parts, it should have one if only for added sound absorption...it's made of a foam material. Make sure to get the mounting stud for the upper right corner.

Marc

Check this video:

This guy is a mechanic and he explains why we should remove our appearance cover. Maybe that’s why Ford is no longer installing them???

Corsart

Check this video:

This guy is a mechanic and he explains why we should remove our appearance cover. Maybe that’s why Ford is no longer installing them???
Opinions vary for sure, but all this video reminds us is that anonymity on the internet. Along with a camera and an opinion doesn't exactly equate to actual accuracy.

Marc

That is true of course. I wonder if there is a real utility (sound attenuation) or if it just cosmetic.

I have a 2021 Corsair on order and was mulling if I should ask for a cover or not. If the cover makes the car quieter I will want one but otherwise I think I won’t bother.

Anyone knows the reason why Ford don’t install them anymore?

Corsart

That is true of course. I wonder if there is a real utility (sound attenuation) or if it just cosmetic.

I have a 2021 Corsair on order and was mulling if I should ask for a cover or not. If the cover makes the car quieter I will want one but otherwise I think I won’t bother.

Anyone knows the reason why Ford don’t install them anymore?
The cover is made of a foam material, so there's sound absorption in that. Yes, it looks nice, too...the naked engine is really ugly, they spent no time or effort in tidying things up or adding a bit of sparkle....so, combined with the (probably insignificant) harmonic dampening, I think it's worthwhile so asked for and got one. See also: The rear package shelf, for the same reasons.

Why they deleted it is a mystery, but combined with all the other deletions for '21, I suspect it's cost savings, which is too bad, bc its the little things that make this car luxurious, which is the reason for purchase in the first place.

Black Label

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Burr Ridge, IL
It's funny, well before seeing this thread today, I washed my car in my 70 degree heated garage. Ahhhhh. Anyway, tons of snow here, so I wanted to get as much salt and road grime off as possible. I popped the hood and washed down the engine and really noticed the nice Navigator engine cover.

This seems an odd way to save a few bucks, and I hope future Navigators still have the cover. I will let the Concierge know my opinion.

Corsart

Thank you for the info. I am going to ask my dealer to install that cover. I sure agree engine is much nicer with it!
Yes, I agree and if you change your mind, you can always remove it. But, it should always be the client's choice to do so. Give thought to the rear package shelf, not only for security, but also as an added sound baffle as well.

I really enjoy my Corsair, I have no regrets...you made a good choice, there are so many nice touches in the car that you will come to appreciate. What color?

Marc

Yes, I agree and if you change your mind, you can always remove it. But, it should always be the client's choice to do so. Give thought to the rear package shelf, not only for security, but also as an added sound baffle as well.

I really enjoy my Corsair, I have no regrets...you made a good choice, there are so many nice touches in the car that you will come to appreciate. What color?
Iced mocha. Reserve 201 trim. And I do have ordered the rear package shelf!

Nagging question: when will I get my new ride !! Plants are closing right and left because of chips shortage...

Corsart

Iced mocha. Reserve 201 trim. And I do have ordered the rear package shelf!

Nagging question: when will I get my new ride !! Plants are closing right and left because of chips shortage...
+1 on the color! You'll note how subtly it changes in the light, the grey undertones come thru as the day wears on. Which interior?

Yes, unless yours has been built and is on the way, expect a delay which I imagine will be "Considerable". More anticipation to excite?

Marc

+1 on the color! You'll note how subtly it changes in the light, the grey undertones come thru as the day wears on. Which interior?

Yes, unless yours has been built and is on the way, expect a delay which I imagine will be "Considerable". More anticipation to excite?
Interior is cashew.
I have ordered it on Jan/21.
I would really like to have it no later than April. I feel like a kid at Christmas!! Can’t wait!

Corsart

Interior is cashew.
I have ordered it on Jan/21.
I would really like to have it no later than April. I feel like a kid at Christmas!! Can’t wait!
LOL, yes. I was lucky that they had mine, with the colors and options in stock and ready to go. I don't do "Wait" very well. They're saying full production by second q which doesn't sound good for your time frame. What des the dealer say?