What are your likes and dislikes concerning the Lincoln Corsair?

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

JB IN AZ

I have a 2.0T '21 and have no idea what you are talking about. I have not experienced any "lurch and jerk" 4,000+ miles.

Is it possible that the trans wants to shift to the next gear but the speed just isn't high enough, like driving a manual transmission at that speed? Try pulling the right side shift paddle and see what gear you are in, and if it shifts up. The gear will be displayed at the bottom of the instrument panel.

bigblue2007

Boston, MA
I have a 2.0T '21 and have no idea what you are talking about. I have not experienced any "lurch and jerk" 4,000+ miles.

Is it possible that the trans wants to shift to the next gear but the speed just isn't high enough, like driving a manual transmission at that speed? Try pulling the right side shift paddle and see what gear you are in, and if it shifts up. The gear will be displayed at the bottom of the instrument panel.
It happens to me but I noticed if you apply less pressure on the gas pedal it doesn’t do it.

syl

Why does the Lincoln Corsair kind of lurch and jerk at low speeds such as under 10 or 15 mph???
Put me in as another example of someone who doesn't experience this issue (2020 Corsair Standard, 2.0T). I agree with the advice, though that a light touch on the accelerator may be what makes the difference. I did find, not surprisingly, that I needed to adjust my footwork to drive this car, compared to my previous, admittedly aging (2004) vehicle.

bigblue2007

Boston, MA
Put me in as another example of someone who doesn't experience this issue (2020 Corsair Standard, 2.0T). I agree with the advice, though that a light touch on the accelerator may be what makes the difference. I did find, not surprisingly, that I needed to adjust my footwork to drive this car, compared to my previous, admittedly aging (2004) vehicle.
Same here. I used to be more of a lead foot. Not anymore. A light pressure is all it takes.

jayruss

I'd like to know what people love about their Lincoln Corsair - and what they don't love about it. Let's hear it!
I like everything and I’m 46 who has the reserve 2021 with everything but the 21 seat with massage.
Only thing that is a bit frustrating is the DRPN keys. When I back up i have to be careful. Lol!

Oh and I bough a package tray and engine cover. The package tray makes the sound system so much better! The engine cover just make it look good when I open the engine. Lincoln is targeting my generation now.

chrisholland03

I really think Lincoln nailed the Corsair - I just hope they've figured out how to make them reliably now. I just even swapped for a '21 Nautilus Reserve I with the 2.7TT after continual electrical issues.

sgracie

I really think Lincoln nailed the Corsair - I just hope they've figured out how to make them reliably now. I just even swapped for a '21 Nautilus Reserve I with the 2.7TT after continual electrical issues.
Hi. What year was your Corsair? I am looking at a 2021 Corsair. That electrical issue thing is a bit scary...

Corsart

Hi. What year was your Corsair? I am looking at a 2021 Corsair. That electrical issue thing is a bit scary...
Mine's a 2020, no issues whatsoever.

Recall that the internet tends to attract three types: The show offs, the complainers, and the braggarts. Truth is, your ownership experience will probably be somewhere in the middle, there's no way to predict what your particular unit may or may not experience. If you like the car, go back a few times to drive different examples and confirm your impressions, negotiate your best deal, and stay off the internet, it's not representative of the vast majority of owner's experience and its not for the faint of heart.

sgracie

Same here. I used to be more of a lead foot. Not anymore. A light pressure is all it takes.

Mine's a 2020, no issues whatsoever.

Recall that the internet tends to attract three types: The show offs, the complainers, and the braggarts. Truth is, your ownership experience will probably be somewhere in the middle, there's no way to predict what your particular unit may or may not experience. If you like the car, go back a few times to drive different examples and confirm your impressions, negotiate your best deal, and stay off the internet, it's not representative of the vast majority of owner's experience and its not for the faint of heart.
thank you so much for your reply. it was so helpful! and by the way I bought the car tonight!