What are your likes and dislikes concerning the Lincoln Corsair?

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

Macsterguy

Texas
It's a really great car no doubt about it.

I don't think that I'm quite as enthused about it since purchasing it as many on this forum.

My dislikes are not because of the build quality but rather my own fault... I didn't really test drive the car. (I was at a car show just post pandemic). It's good looks just impressed me. My fault for buying on impulse...

I find the seats in the standard Corsair "extremely uncomfortable. So much so that I'm going to give the card to my wife who doesn't mind the seats (I just need to find my next ride)…

I would suggest a long test drive. I'm sure the reserve addition or the higher up trim levels allow for much more adjustment but that is not the case and the standard model

I also find that the car is very small so make sure it is size well for your needs and Lots of Plastics (in the standard).

The build quality seems fantastic, it is a very smooth ride. I would definitely go for the larger engine!

Test drive, test drive, test drive! I think you'll like it 😀👍🏼

syl

I'm kind of the opposite from macsterguy. The first impression I had of the corsair, outside of early online reviews, was at a car show *pre*pandemic, and of many cars that were on my list of candidates at the time, the Corsair's seats were the only ones that didn't disappoint. I did have a long test drive, the day after a big snow storm, so I was able to get a sense of driving this car in realistic Canadian driving conditions. Our local dealer had a program whereby you're permitted to borrow a demo car for 24 hours prior to making a purchase decision, so I took advantage of that and took the car on a longish drive overnight. I definitely knew what I was buying when I put in my order, and I've had no regrets so far. And I would say that with the eco boost engines, the 2.0 litre, is quite well matched to this car. Anyone needing more engine than that in a luxury compact suv should likely be looking at the nautilus.

Now, my true favourite features are the quiet, comfortable ride, and every component that contributes to that: auto stop, auto hold, great steering wheel, all the sound deadening materials, noise cancellation, all of which makes it possible to enjoy the stereo and still be able to have a quiet conversation while driving on Canadian roads. Oh and let's face it, it's a great looking car, especially in Red Carpet! Just look at my photo...

On the negative side, I find the collision warnings have falsely triggered, including one time when it must have been warning me not to collide with admittedly large snowflakes, but snowflakes nevertheless. And I find the adaptive cruise control doesn't accelerate or decelerate as smoothly as I normally do, so that doesn't feel so luxurious. The auto stop function is unavailable, usually due to "vehicle charging" more frequently than I would really like to see.

Overall, I have to say the pluses easily outweigh the minuses. And I have to give a shout out to my local dealer, West Island Ford, near Montreal, who were very pleasant and helpful throughout the process, and got us exactly the car we wanted for a very reasonable price. Complete attention was paid to the details that matter to *us*, without so much as an attempt to push us into buying a different vehicle than what we were looking for. A wonderful experience dealing with this dealership.

OldBrit

It's really difficult to define why the Corsair appeals to me. It just feels good to be in it - it has a "je ne sais quoi" touch about it. I like the look of it, both inside and out, and it seems to exude quality and good design. I have owned somewhere around 70 cars in my lifetime and this definitely is in the top 5 for me (another Lincoln - my '87 Town Car - is also in that top 5). The 2.3L motor has loads of oomph (they even put this motor into the Mustang, though to my way of thinking, sticking a four-cylinder engine into a Mustang is a bit of a sacrilege), and the car handles beautifully. I like the little things about it.

The heated steering wheel heats up quickly and heats up all the way around. My previous car, a 2017 Highlander, only seemed to heat the wheel between the"quarter to three" and "ten to two" position. The seats seem heat up quicker than other cars that I've owned. I've previously questioned the value of heated seats - by the time I've felt any warmth coming through, my bum's heated up the seat anyway. Not so with the Corsair. It's a little thing, but I also love the hood release! Pull twice on the handle inside the car, and there's no longer the need to stick your fingers under the front edge of the hood to search for the secondary latch. It's a stupid little thing, but it pleases me!

My Reserve only has the standard 10-way power seats, and I definitely have had cars that had much more comfortable seats, but the Corsair's are adequate. (I optioned my car as much as I could, with the Head's-Up Display, the appearance package, etc., but the 22-way seats would have gone way over the top for me. As it was, the car cost $63,000 CAN before taxes (about $50,500 US), and the fancier seats would have added about another $10,000 to the cost, I believe.

The only sour note to the car is the fact that I've been having battery problems, and although the dealership just replaced the battery, I am left with the nagging concern about whether electrical problems might plague the car in the future. Not that I'll find out - it seems as though I may have to sell the car anyway, which will be a heartbreaker.

Circumstances change quickly in one's life, and my wife now needs an electric wheelchair. It folds and does fit in the back of the Corsair, but it does take up a fair bit of room and we find that the car is a bit too small for us now. Plus the fact that the wheelchair is quite heavy, and although at 79 I consider myself to be fairly hale and hearty, I do admit that hefting that wheelchair into the back of the Corsair is a bit of a challenge. We need a vehicle with a lower load height, and so it looks as though a minivan is probably in the cards for us. *sigh* Well, that'll be the first minivan I've owned. Well, come to think of it, I did have a VW Bus back in the early seventies. And also, come to think of it, that VW Bus is definitely in my top five favourite cars!

felixmendel

What I like:
  • Great ride, smooth and quiet
  • Good looks inside and out
  • Comfortable seats
  • Attentive dealership
  • Regular gas and decent (but not great) gas mileage
  • Good safety features
What I don't like:
  • Finicky smartphone integration - mostly it works, but sometimes not
  • Battery drain caused battery replacement at 8 mos.
  • Hard to find out what safety features are enabled, I am always wondering if the collision detection is on and I don't want to do something to test it out...

HotrodLinkin

Well, I am not into writing novels yet, but I will say I truly do not like the push button PRND. To me the D should be closest to the driver. Other than that, it's all good.

Smooth49

I'd like to know what people love about their Lincoln Corsair - and what they don't love about it. Let's hear it!
I liked the style and the seats are comfortable. The rattles have bugged me from the first week. They are everywhere. Under the hood, door panels, trim pieces, liftgate cover, heat shields, fake lens covers, etc. The three loaner Corsairs I had while the dealer spent weeks trying to stop the noise was as bad or worse if the road wasn't perfectly smooth. As I finally am getting the rattles out, it is becoming a quiet ride. I liked the roller shade style cargo cover of my Escape better than the fixed cardboard of the Corsair. I wish I could have gotten a CD player option. The navigation system only shows streets if I am zoomed in. If I zoom out a few levels, all the streets disappear and only a few highways are left. I took the liners out of the wheel wells and under the floor boards to have the car undercoated, and I was shocked at how many places barely had paint or even primer. I find the shifting is more noticeable than I would like. It took almost a week to fix the software when the navigation quit. Today, the interior foot well lights and ambient lighting stopped working. Overall, I have more buyers remorse, than pride of ownership.

Cekkk

So my last five vehicles have been large SUV's, for expeditions, one of which we still have, and a GMC Yukon Denali XL. We've gone from living high in the Rockies 25 miles from a cell phone signal to a situation where our longest trip is 3 miles to the Home Depot. There is an occasional 50 mile trip into the city, but maybe once a month. So I guess I was spoiled, but when I bought this Reserve model I should have been a little more careful. Here's some things I do not like. The transmission. And why should I have to reach over to the passenger side of the vehicle to put it in Drive? The lack of ventilated seats. The endless gadgetry on the stalks and panel. Six things to operate cruise control??? Did Lincoln hire a bunch of 20-something gamers and turn them loose on the electronics? No heated steering wheel. And what team thought it was a good idea to put that Voice Activation button in the steering wheel so that it activates nearly every time you make a 90-degree turn? No front sensors. And did they really make a rear hatch that only opens from inside the vehicle? You have to get out to close it? Or must I spend another half hour searching through lawyers written owners manual to find the answer? I have spent more time on this cars manual than all my other vehicles combined. And at my age, trust me, that's been a whole hell of a lot of vehicles. I'm sure most of these features would have been available that I found a vehicle with the larger and grossly overpriced options package, but it wasn't available.

So, what do I like? We now have a lot more room in our garage, and that's not a small thing. It's nice looking. Happy with the engine performance and the gas mileage. It's reasonably quiet. I like the color. The seat and the ride are comfortable. And I like when backing out of a parking space the warning that a car is coming from the side.

This sounds like I really don't like the vehicle, and that's really not it. I'm just disappointed in my lack of due diligence.

OldBrit

No heated steering wheel? That's odd. My Reserve lists a heated steering wheel as standard equipment. Mind you, my car came with the Equipment Group 201A, which also lists a heated steering wheel as part of that package, which seems a bit strange.

syl

Cekkk wrote:

- The lack of ventilated seats.

Available in the environmental package (not "larger and grossly
overpriced", as some of the others might seem). I was under the
impression that it's standard equipment on the Reserve model (I'd
have to recheck my buying chart, though I don't have that handy
nearby at the moment). My car (Corsair Standard) has heated and
vented front seats.

- Six things to operate cruise control???

You have adaptive cruise control.

It's really not as bad as you make it sound. For the most part, once
you've activated the cruise control, the buttons you'll really use are
either of the "set" and "resume", much like cruise control has been
operated for decades.

- No heated steering wheel.

Also in the environmental package, I believe, and also, I *thought*,
standard equipment on the Corsair Reserve.

- Voice Activation button in the steering wheel ... activates
nearly every time you make a 90-degree turn?

Perhaps you want to adjust how you hold the steering wheel. I've had my
Corsair since August, and not once accidentally hit the voice activation
button.

- No front sensors.

I'm not sure about that. These would be part of "co-pilot 360", which is
standard equipment on all Corsairs, no? Mine has "co-pilot 360 plus",
which adminittedly isn't an inexpensive package but is worth it, for
example if you want adaptive cruise control. If you have that (and as I
note above, it sounds to me as though you do), then you most certainly
have parking sensors in front and rear.

- did they really make a rear hatch that only opens from inside the
vehicle?

No, of course not. There's a button on your key-fob to open it, and a
button under the second "L" of "Lincoln" on the back of the tailgate. On
the Reserve, I believe you might even have a "kick to open" hands-free
liftgate.

- You have to get out to close it?

No. All the same buttons (and kicking motion) that open it also close it.

- must I spend another half hour searching through lawyers written
owners manual to find the answer?

It might be worth your while to spend *some* time reading the owner's
manual, yes, unless all you really want is reason to complain about the
car. Most features seem intuitive once you've learned how to operate
them, but a small number actually do need to be learned. You might have
already found them all ...

- I'm sure most of these features would have been available that I
found a vehicle with the larger and grossly overpriced options
package, but it wasn't available.

Possibly that's the heart of your problem, though. Maybe this really
wasn't the car you were looking for or wanted? You likely would have done
better with simply a Corsair Standard with the environmental package and
perhaps the co-pilot 360+, which would be exactly the car I bought. It's
*most* of what the Reserve gets, without the oversized sunroof, oversized
wheels, and (unfortunately, in my opinion) real leather seats. Oh, and no
fog lights on the Standard.

bbf2530

So my last five vehicles have been large SUV's, for expeditions, one of which we still have, and a GMC Yukon Denali XL. We've gone from living high in the Rockies 25 miles from a cell phone signal to a situation where our longest trip is 3 miles to the Home Depot. There is an occasional 50 mile trip into the city, but maybe once a month. So I guess I was spoiled, but when I bought this Reserve model I should have been a little more careful. Here's some things I do not like. The transmission. And why should I have to reach over to the passenger side of the vehicle to put it in Drive? The lack of ventilated seats. The endless gadgetry on the stalks and panel. Six things to operate cruise control??? Did Lincoln hire a bunch of 20-something gamers and turn them loose on the electronics? No heated steering wheel. And what team thought it was a good idea to put that Voice Activation button in the steering wheel so that it activates nearly every time you make a 90-degree turn? No front sensors. And did they really make a rear hatch that only opens from inside the vehicle? You have to get out to close it? Or must I spend another half hour searching through lawyers written owners manual to find the answer? I have spent more time on this cars manual than all my other vehicles combined. And at my age, trust me, that's been a whole hell of a lot of vehicles. I'm sure most of these features would have been available that I found a vehicle with the larger and grossly overpriced options package, but it wasn't available.

So, what do I like? We now have a lot more room in our garage, and that's not a small thing. It's nice looking. Happy with the engine performance and the gas mileage. It's reasonably quiet. I like the color. The seat and the ride are comfortable. And I like when backing out of a parking space the warning that a car is coming from the side.

This sounds like I really don't like the vehicle, and that's really not it. I'm just disappointed in my lack of due diligence.

Hi Cekkk. Vehicles are far more complicated nowadays, with tons of features. Some we may want, some we may not

In my opinion, the best way to be sure we are happy with what we buy is to factory order it. Do our due diligence (as you said), go through the standard and optional features, then factory order it exactly how we want it (within the Order Guide constraints), as opposed to settling for what is on the Dealer lot or what they can "find". Otherwise, we are at the mercy of whatever is on hand/available at the moment, or whatever the Salespeople have been told to push that week.

Of course, I also understand that some people want it now, or do not have the luxury of being able to wait 8-10 weeks. In that case, we have to take what we can get.

Hopefully you will eventually be able to overlook the perceived shortcomings of your new Corsair.

Hope you have many safe and happy miles of driving and good luck.

NinjaAggie

What I like:
Smooth ride without being floaty
Decent gas mileage
Nice interior
Nice exterior

What I don't like:
Start/Stop can be rough when it starts itself at stop lights.
Not really used to the turbo sound (never had a car with one)
Could use more USB ports

Corsart

Did you drive the car before you bought it? Did you do some research on the features, both standard and available? Did you have a clear sense of what your needs were and what you were looking for? Did you compare those expectations with your actual test drive experience? Everyone's car buying process is different, but your seems almost impulsive. If you needed a heated steering or vented seats it's unclear why you didn't get a car with the Climate Pkg. The advantage of dealer stock (for test drive or purchase) is that you get an exact, hands on experience with the actual features and options your car would have , no guess work required. It's like seeing the car in the color you want instead of looking at the inaccurate image on the screen. I ruled out the Reserve immediately after testing it, not at all liking the "Panoramic roof"...even though it looks so inviting in the brochure.

It sounds like you have a serious case of self inflicted buyers remorse, of which they're only two cures: Sell the car, or give it time and see if all those peccadillos eventually burnish into what some would refer to as "Automotive character". I originally found the ambient lighting adolescent and silly, but when set to the non colored setting, now find the warm glow thru the darkness in the foot wells, etc., rather inviting.

It really is a nice car and unique in it's class.

BlackPearl

I’m going to stick with the likes and dislikes format....

Great ride
Comfortable Seats
Handles better than it should
Decent power
Great MPG (averaged 30mpg on a trip to AZ and back)
Surprises everyone it’s a Lincoln

Dislikes:
Rattles (two have been fixed by dealer, two more can not be replicated by dealer)
Hums (occasional moonroof wind noise, sometimes amplified by tire noise on certain highways)
Auto Start/Stop (cannot be permanently disabled, rough start, shuts off while waiting to pull into traffic)
Lane centering button (rough and sharp edges for a frequent touch point)
Sync 3 (Sync 2 in my 2017 F550 work truck connects better to devices and is quicker to respond)
Door lock switches (are exactly the same as my F550)

Chase2020

I'd like to know what people love about their Lincoln Corsair - and what they don't love about it. Let's hear it!
I have a 2020 Corsair Reserve. Like: Pretty. Dislikes: The auto seat position button rarely works, the homelink buttons don't work at all (I've programmed many including my 2017 MKC) The "piano keys" controls are always dusty and fingerprinted, The standard seats are very uncomfortable, the "chirps" for door locks and unlocks on the door handle do not work--perhaps that's on all of them? The hard rear cargo cover is hard to use--to put high box in you have to remove it completely since it doesn't roll back-then there's no place to put it. The steering wheel controls aren't lit when you drive and you can't see them. The cruise control ones you can hit a button first to light them, but not the others. The button on the steering wheel for voice control is in bad position--gets hit when you don't want it, but not too often. The worst is the transmission perhaps hard shifting at slow speeds. See forum complaint about it--there's a lot. Makes a bumpy ride if you have to hold speed between 12 and 20 mph. and letting off the gas at those speeds will bump to slow. The inside air circulation button will sometimes stay on after turning off the car but mostly doesn't so I have to hit it on again as I don't like outside smells to come in.Wish I had my MKC back or my Continental. I'm planning on trading my Corsair in on another brand and taking whatever loss there is on the lease.

G-359698

I love the looks, the ride, and the seats are fine for me.
What I don't like is the intermittent failure of the auto start/stop. 2nd. a bit to much wind noise, and the road noise is worse. Its not a quiet automobile.
Does anyone know if aftermarket sound proofing is available?

ToeKnee46

I have a 2020 Corsair, 1158 miles. It's been in the shop four times, including one recall. I brought it in day before yesterday for a bunch of electrical issues. They said the battery just needed charging and everything is fine. On the drive over to pick it up, I got a notification on my Apple Watch: "Remote features disabled to preserve battery." That is what I brought it in for! Also, the rear hatch will sometimes unlatch and not power open or power close. You have to force it sometimes. They didn't know what was wrong, although it happened once for the service advisor. I had a factory recall for the AutoStart/Stop feature. They said they reprogrammed it and it was fine. It doesn't work, even though it's turned on. This is one of the most unreliable cars I've ever had. I have one year and 10 months left on this lease. I'm counting the days. I'm really going to see if they'll just take it back. I'm going back to Lexus. 15 years, two different models, no problems.

As far as likes, there are many. I love the comfort, the styling, the peppy engine, fuel economy, and the electronics are mind-blowing. There is a lot to love, but much more to hate.

In one year and two months, 1158 miles, I'm on my SIXTH service call. What good is a beautiful car if you can't drive it?

ToeKnee46

What I like:
  • Great ride, smooth and quiet
  • Good looks inside and out
  • Comfortable seats
  • Attentive dealership
  • Regular gas and decent (but not great) gas mileage
  • Good safety features
What I don't like:
  • Finicky smartphone integration - mostly it works, but sometimes not
  • Battery drain caused battery replacement at 8 mos.
  • Hard to find out what safety features are enabled, I am always wondering if the collision detection is on and I don't want to do something to test it out...
My battery was replaced on my 2020 Corsair at exactly one year old, February 2021. It's in the shop YET AGAIN for electrical issues. I'm very disappointed with the reliability factor. There's a lot to love, but for me, there's more to hate. AutoStart/Stop doesn't work. Rear hatch sometimes only unlatches and won't power-open or power-close, and when you try to force it, it fights you. Awful.

syl

What I don't like is the intermittent failure of the auto start/stop.
I certainly would like to see that functioning more consistently on mine as well. I live in a mostly cold climate, though (although coming into spring now, it's going to be warmer for at least a few months), and I suspect that affects the battery's rate of charge.
a bit to much wind noise, and the road noise is worse. Its not a quiet automobile.
Does anyone know if aftermarket sound proofing is available?
You must have the ginormous sunroof (or you're driving with a window open?). My Corsair Standard (no sunroof) is remarkably quiet and comfortable.

ToeKnee46

I certainly would like to see that functioning more consistently on mine as well. I live in a mostly cold climate, though (although coming into spring now, it's going to be warmer for at least a few months), and I suspect that affects the battery's rate of charge.

You must have the ginormous sunroof (or you're driving with a window open?). My Corsair Standard (no sunroof) is remarkably quiet and comfortable.
I have the Corsair Reserve with all the options, including the ginormous sunroof. I usually keep the sunroof closed because it is noisy. The Lexus I had before this Lincoln was perfectly quiet. It had a wind deflector that popped up when you opened the sunroof. The Corsair doesn't seem to have that or it doesn't function properly.