What are your likes and dislikes concerning the Lincoln Corsair?

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

syl

I can't comment on what your dealership should or shouldn't know, of course (I'm not sure you got accurate information from "Lincoln help line", but to tell the truth, I really don't know since I haven't sought to have the stop/start feature disabled; It does make sense that it should be a programmable feature, though, but I don't recall any such possibility mentioned in the owner's manual ...)

but this:
My right knee is sore from banging on the center console! I'm 6"1" should have got the Nauitilis?(MKX)
Adjust your seat differently? I'm 6'0" and don't have this problem. (I have, in the past, ruled out purchasing some vehicles for exactly the same reason; One in particular, my knee got sore not even from *hitting* the console, but rather from the twist necessary to get around it to reach the throttle pedal. I make a point to note whether my right leg is comfortable now, when testing a new car.) I find it difficult to imagine that one inch could make that difference, but I do suppose it's not impossible. Whether the Nautilus would be a better fit would be determined only from actually sitting in one and adjusting the seat until you find a position that works. Try the same first in your Corsair?

Jbpwwi

I'd like to know what people love about their Lincoln Corsair - and what they don't love about it. Let's hear it!
I will compare it to my wife's Pilot Touring.

Pilot Touring

Better Navigation, uses Garmin.
More room (but expected)
Better cargo cover
Better lane keeping (less warnings for keeping hand on wheel)
More comfortable drivers seat
Corsair Reserve
(Note: having trouble with Sync3 and Sirius radio and apps Been at dealer several times. Now waiting on new head}

Folding mirrors
Better fuel mileage
Locked out of vehicle due to parking near satellite dish at gas station
Better stop go and distance keeping

Flatsfish

I'd like to know what people love about their Lincoln Corsair - and what they don't love about it. Let's hear it!
Great looking vehicle. Took it on a 3000 mile trip in June and was the most comfortable ride my wife and I have experienced. Loved the auto cruise control and lane control.

Negative: the passenger seat massage option stopped working during the trip. Multiple calls to local dealer and “concierges” have produced no information about when the issue will be resolved. I just mailed a letter to the president of Lincoln yesterday, since she has not responded to my email of ten days ago.

NOT the way to ensure customer satisfaction, especially when we invested almost 60k for the vehicle.

RedHoncho

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Marysville, Ohio
I'm kind of the opposite from macsterguy. The first impression I had of the corsair, outside of early online reviews, was at a car show *pre*pandemic, and of many cars that were on my list of candidates at the time, the Corsair's seats were the only ones that didn't disappoint. I did have a long test drive, the day after a big snow storm, so I was able to get a sense of driving this car in realistic Canadian driving conditions. Our local dealer had a program whereby you're permitted to borrow a demo car for 24 hours prior to making a purchase decision, so I took advantage of that and took the car on a longish drive overnight. I definitely knew what I was buying when I put in my order, and I've had no regrets so far. And I would say that with the eco boost engines, the 2.0 litre, is quite well matched to this car. Anyone needing more engine than that in a luxury compact suv should likely be looking at the nautilus.

Now, my true favourite features are the quiet, comfortable ride, and every component that contributes to that: auto stop, auto hold, great steering wheel, all the sound deadening materials, noise cancellation, all of which makes it possible to enjoy the stereo and still be able to have a quiet conversation while driving on Canadian roads. Oh and let's face it, it's a great looking car, especially in Red Carpet! Just look at my photo...

On the negative side, I find the collision warnings have falsely triggered, including one time when it must have been warning me not to collide with admittedly large snowflakes, but snowflakes nevertheless. And I find the adaptive cruise control doesn't accelerate or decelerate as smoothly as I normally do, so that doesn't feel so luxurious. The auto stop function is unavailable, usually due to "vehicle charging" more frequently than I would really like to see.

Overall, I have to say the pluses easily outweigh the minuses. And I have to give a shout out to my local dealer, West Island Ford, near Montreal, who were very pleasant and helpful throughout the process, and got us exactly the car we wanted for a very reasonable price. Complete attention was paid to the details that matter to *us*, without so much as an attempt to push us into buying a different vehicle than what we were looking for. A wonderful experience dealing with this dealership.
Snow can sometimes clog the anti-collision sensors on the front bumper. I started carrying a snow melt spray in my vehicle in the winter. I spray it on the sensors when that happens. It is supposed to not only melt the snow but also keep it from sticking. It is mostly effective.

syl

Snow can sometimes clog the anti-collision sensors on the front bumper. I started carrying a snow melt spray in my vehicle in the winter. I spray it on the sensors when that happens. It is supposed to not only melt the snow but also keep it from sticking. It is mostly effective.
It hasn't happened often enough that I feel I need to do that, but I'll keep it in mind. The car lives in a garage, so it doesn't really get snow *stuck* to it.

RedHoncho

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Marysville, Ohio
It hasn't happened often enough that I feel I need to do that, but I'll keep it in mind. The car lives in a garage, so it doesn't really get snow *stuck* to it.
It happened to me once driving out of Kentucky back to Ohio. We got caught in a very heavy wet snowstorm. I kept getting frontal collision warnings when it was just the snow stuck to the sensors. We stopped at a gas station and bought the deicer spray. It worked great.

RedHoncho..Just purchased mine in May 2021 so haven't experienced but was wondering about the sensors in winter.
Syl....Mine
Love the car. I hate the horrific service departments in the NYC area. I tried two and they are both terribe.
I hate that for you! I just introduced myself and my Corsair to our Service Manager/dealership that will be servicing it. Hope their dependable... I've never had a Ford/Lincoln vehicle nor do I know anyone that has one...except F150s!! ha ha

Srjrippey

I'd like to know what people love about their Lincoln Corsair - and what they don't love about it. Let's hear it!I like that at night I'm greeted with the Lincoln light on the ground. I love the burgundy color. What I really dislike is that I cannot listen to the radio, Sirius on my 2 hour commute every morning, after I drive 5 miles and turn my car off, it stops working...the screen doesn't work! My Air in my car sometimes blows at high and I cannot control the speed or turn it off, from the screen or hand controls, even by turning the car off it still does not shut off. Wind noise is awful, sensors always go off on seats saying kids are in the back seat when nothing is on the seats...I cannot use my phone in my car because it distorts my voice and people cannot understand me!!! U would never by another Lincoln, this has been the WORST CAR PURCHASE of my life!!!

RedHoncho

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Marysville, Ohio
Now that I've driven it for a few days I love it. The gas mileage on the Grand Touring is much better than I expected. I have driven 101 miles and am getting 67.4 MPG so far.

I miss having a physical mute button for the audio. Sure, I can hit the power button on the radio but if I'm on a phone call and want to mute it I'm going to have to do that through my phone. I will experiment with using SYNC to see if it will mute the audio. The Lincoln Concierge says there is no way to mute the audio. However, the owners manual references an icon showing the audio being muted. My 2019 Nautilus and my 2019 Escape both have physical mute buttons.

I love the Burgundy Velvet color. I had it on my 2019 Nautilus and chose it again when I ordered my Corsair.

I wish the transmission piano key buttons were under the touchscreen. This would make them easier to access.

I like having the seat controls on the door panel.

I love the quietness of my vehicle even on busy highways.

I wish the panoramic moonroof opened further. It takes two touches of the button to open it completely but it still doesn't open as far as I would like.

One thing I don't like is the cargo area. If you pull the rear seats all the way forward and lower them flat, there is a big gap between the seats and the cargo area. I think if there was a flap that went up the back of the seats from the cargo area floor to cover the gap it would be more functional with the seats folded down.

I like having the phone charger in the armrest. I like that it sits vertically instead of flat. If I forget to take my phone at least it is in a concealed area.

I was a little surprised at the speed in reverse the first time I backed it out of my garage. It REALLY moves quickly in the EV mode. I learned to keep my foot firmly on the brake and slowly release it. I actually had to give my Nautilus a bump on the accelerator to get it to move out of the garage.

Last edited:

SamsLincoln

Sounds like your problems are the type that the service department can fix. Now, when you notice the transmission problems--the bumps and surges at low speeds (11 to 20mph) --you will find they can do nothing about them. You'll never be able to keep the "piano keys" area free of dust and the cargo cover that you can't retract, will always be in the way.

RedHoncho

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Marysville, Ohio
Sounds like your problems are the type that the service department can fix. Now, when you notice the transmission problems--the bumps and surges at low speeds (11 to 20mph) --you will find they can do nothing about them. You'll never be able to keep the "piano keys" area free of dust and the cargo cover that you can't retract, will always be in the way.
I have the Grand Touring model that has the eCVT transmission. It is smooth as silk.

Torch Wayne

I don't like the lack of service on my instrument cluster. I don't like the cramped seats. I'm 6'1'' and there is no comfortable place for my right knee! I'm selling my car!

Jbpwwi

Well, I am in the process of a Lemon Law claim potentially. For the most part the car is great, but the Sync3/SiriusXm is a mess. After many trips to the dealer and FSE (Field service Engineer) looking at it, the best solution I came up with is the software upgrade 21994 that I performed after I found out about here on this forum. It still takes 5 minuets for the travel link apps to fully respond after starting the vehicle. FSE comment was "FSE did experience the SYNC system being slow to respond when various app or icons were selected on the touch screen. FSE advised dealer to replace APIM due to the SYNC system being slow to respond." Well no change after APIM replaced from what I can tell twice, and I can not use door key pad.

bigblue2007

Boston, MA
Well, I am in the process of a Lemon Law claim potentially. For the most part the car is great, but the Sync3/SiriusXm is a mess. After many trips to the dealer and FSE (Field service Engineer) looking at it, the best solution I came up with is the software upgrade 21994 that I performed after I found out about here on this forum. It still takes 5 minuets for the travel link apps to fully respond after starting the vehicle. FSE comment was "FSE did experience the SYNC system being slow to respond when various app or icons were selected on the touch screen. FSE advised dealer to replace APIM due to the SYNC system being slow to respond." Well no change after APIM replaced from what I can tell twice, and I can not use door key pad.
Travel link usually does take awhile to load because it has to download for from the satellite service.