Town Car Photo Gallery

2003_TC_Executive

glen burnie, MD
Haven't been on the boards in a while but thought it was due time for an updated photo of my car. 2003 Autumn Maple Metallic Executive series, purchased November 2018 after the Ice Blue 2005 I purchased to replace my wrecked 94 Fleetwood was unfortunately t-boned and totaled, it was a very frustrating 3 months lol. Car was purchased with 137,000 for $2,300 from second owners who purchased it used in 2006 with 15,000. Aside from a few cosmetic blemishes mostly on the bumpers it was well cared for and had the folder full of dealer repair receipts to back it up. Currently has 193,xxx on it as it is my daily driver and I work grubhub and ubereats. Only major work I have done was to replace the front wheel hubs, starter, steering rack & hoses, control arms/ball joints and had the rear end rebuilt, still has the factory air springs although they look like they are not long for this world lol. I was tired of how bad the finish was on the factory wheels and every nice chrome Lincoln wheel I liked that wasn't a town car rim ended up being the right bolt pattern but the center bore was too small so while browsing facebook market place I scored these 2011 mustang rims for $100 that were removed at 10,000 miles in favor of GT500 replacements.
03tc015.jpg

Jaskim06

Haven't been on the boards in a while but thought it was due time for an updated photo of my car. 2003 Autumn Maple Metallic Executive series, purchased November 2018 after the Ice Blue 2005 I purchased to replace my wrecked 94 Fleetwood was unfortunately t-boned and totaled, it was a very frustrating 3 months lol. Car was purchased with 137,000 for $2,300 from second owners who purchased it used in 2006 with 15,000. Aside from a few cosmetic blemishes mostly on the bumpers it was well cared for and had the folder full of dealer repair receipts to back it up. Currently has 193,xxx on it as it is my daily driver and I work grubhub and ubereats. Only major work I have done was to replace the front wheel hubs, starter, steering rack & hoses, control arms/ball joints and had the rear end rebuilt, still has the factory air springs although they look like they are not long for this world lol. I was tired of how bad the finish was on the factory wheels and every nice chrome Lincoln wheel I liked that wasn't a town car rim ended up being the right bolt pattern but the center bore was too small so while browsing facebook market place I scored these 2011 mustang rims for $100 that were removed at 10,000 miles in favor of GT500 replacements.
View attachment 10142
Rims make it pop!

CartierCruiser

Canada
Here’s my new to me 147k 01 sig series. New whitewalls on this week! Heated seats going on next week. Runs and Rides like the day it was new. Had the water leak, got it fixed right away. Love it!!!
Love your Town Car- it’s exactly what I was trying to find before I gave up with no luck and eventually found my 2003. The white walls make an enormous difference on all generations of these cars. Did you go with the Travelstars or did you manage to find the discontinued Michelin Energy narrow white walls? I can’t find a pair of 17s for my 2003 anywhere. Congratulations, yours looks perfect.

BSmith81

Jonesboro, GA
Im seeing a lot of panther platform cars going muffler delete. Isn’t that against the law?

As long as the noise isn't excessively loud, I don't think it is. Now deleting the cats is a different game. Emissions tests and state inspections will fail a car if there are no cats on the vehicle.

But with mine, you can't even tell I have no mufflers. The way it sounds, for all anyone would know I have Flowmasters on it

Jaskim06

As long as the noise isn't excessively loud, I don't think it is. Now deleting the cats is a different game. Emissions tests and state inspections will fail a car if there are no cats on the vehicle.

But with mine, you can't even tell I have no mufflers. The way it sounds, for all anyone would know I have Flowmasters on it
Exactly depends on where you live. I'm not against bikes but never understood being pulled over in a 87 383 firebird with headers and Flowmaster 40s and Harley comes past not fast but loud enough to shake the ground and me and the cops teeth and I ask him why can't I have a loud exhaust but he basically has straight pipes with nothing and it's ok? Bikes have different rules. In my county in Pa we have no sniffer emissions. In counties surrounding me you have to have emissions tested. Cars that are 15 years and newer gotta have whatever they had from the factory. So if it had mufflers, cats you need them. So slap on some cherry bombs and you're ok and still straight pipes. 15 years and older get classic plates and you can run whatever you want. As far as cats go I've posted this before. You can delete cats. You've got to fool the cars computer to make it look like they're still working and there. You can look on youtube and get all the info you want on that. I'd be here for days telling you. But it's simple and costs about $8 for spark plug non foulers and you need a half inch drill bit. They come 2 in a pack. Drill out 1 of those in each pack and put O2 sensor in drilled fouler and then non drilled goes into bung. So sensor into drilled fouler, then non drilled screw into bung.. Cats are very restrictive. My 99 Cartier is a classic and I have classic plates on it so I run with no cats and just the resonators from factory. But as I get older it's a lil too loud so about time for some quieter mufflers. Not straight pipes. It does run like crazy and I get v6 mileage if I drive sensibly. Look at a cat in the sun. You can barely see through it. It'd be like stuffing a few bags of steel wool in your tail pipe. Engine is a big air pump. The faster and colder you can get air in and the faster with no restrictions you get out the more efficient it is. So with cats it's almost like shoving a potato in the exhaust. With tiny holes in it. And you know what happens when your exhaust is restricted!!

Jaskim06

M
What would you guys recommend for low restricted mufflers that are not too outrageously loud for the Town Car?
Magnaflow makes a good mufflers in different loudness levels. If you keep both of your cats and delete the mufflers or put on cherry bomb type its not loud at all. It has a nice lil rumble when you pass another vehicle but don't sound like a 70 SS Chevelle with headers and Ls6. You can actually get on youtube or the mufflers sites and you can hear and get a great idea what they sound like. I dont like a quiet car, after the Marines and a lifetime operating heavy equipment and a chainsaw in family's timber business I've actually had my car running and so quit I tried to start!! That's too quiet!! A lil rumble at idle and let you know it's a American V8 when the hammers down is my idea of perfect. They also make mufflers and cut outs with switch and cable that you weld in your stock exhaust and when you want loud you can have it but when you leave at 6am for work your neighbors won't hate you!! Time and place for everything!! Have fun with it. Alot has changed in 20 years. Alot of cool stuff has been made for car guys.

Babyburr

M
Magnaflow makes a good mufflers in different loudness levels. If you keep both of your cats and delete the mufflers or put on cherry bomb type its not loud at all. It has a nice lil rumble when you pass another vehicle but don't sound like a 70 SS Chevelle with headers and Ls6. You can actually get on youtube or the mufflers sites and you can hear and get a great idea what they sound like. I dont like a quiet car, after the Marines and a lifetime operating heavy equipment and a chainsaw in family's timber business I've actually had my car running and so quit I tried to start!! That's too quiet!! A lil rumble at idle and let you know it's a American V8 when the hammers down is my idea of perfect. They also make mufflers and cut outs with switch and cable that you weld in your stock exhaust and when you want loud you can have it but when you leave at 6am for work your neighbors won't hate you!! Time and place for everything!! Have fun with it. Alot has changed in 20 years. Alot of cool stuff has been made for car guys.
Yeah, I’ve been looking at magnaflow and flowmaster. I’m gonna go to the muffler shop and check out which one I’m gonna get. Thanks for your response.

Towncarlimoguy

Love your Town Car- it’s exactly what I was trying to find before I gave up with no luck and eventually found my 2003. The white walls make an enormous difference on all generations of these cars. Did you go with the Travelstars or did you manage to find the discontinued Michelin Energy narrow white walls? I can’t find a pair of 17s for my 2003 anywhere. Congratulations, yours looks perfect.
Travelstar and I found them on Ebay. There's a guy on here who found some GOODYEAR ww's. 235 somethings. He said the speedo was only off a couple miles because of the 235's instead of 225's.. I'm looking for my 2005 I have now too. Sold the 01 to a guy down the street from me.

2 Abrahams 4 Me

Here are my 2 Abrahams.....hence my “handle”. My first is a 2006 sig Ltd. I got it 2018 with 80k kms. It was a garage queen estate sale but coming from Saltario it needed some tlc. After 3 applications of undercarriage krown oil sprays all surface rust underneath is gone and fortunately nothing ever appeared on the body. This car is a daily and now has 155k kms with no squeaks rattles and all I’ve done in 3 years is rotors and a ball joint.

My latest acquisition was a thread here about a month ago under the Ed Taylor thread. I will be updating all those who followed it shortly when I have finished detailing it. I did the exterior yesterday by clay barring and then 2 coats of Finish First sealant. I’m going to try to do a history on my 2nd car as it is a low production number car. Only made for 2 years it was an additional option package on the top trim line with the 2 tone paint and interior. This a sig Ltd but then a limited option on top of that. This is fully loaded including the THX sound system and navigation as well as chrome around the taillights.
I got my plates last week for the 05 Limited. It has 115k kms.

Attachments

• 5EE87611-82E6-41D7-B4F6-FDA35742002D.jpeg
    5EE87611-82E6-41D7-B4F6-FDA35742002D.jpeg
    516.9 KB · Views: 7
  • BD66F0F8-5877-4C20-8536-F8DDF7A191A5.jpeg
    BD66F0F8-5877-4C20-8536-F8DDF7A191A5.jpeg
    495.8 KB · Views: 5
  • E157B8E4-5AB0-41C9-A73A-DA4A2D9DB123.jpeg
    E157B8E4-5AB0-41C9-A73A-DA4A2D9DB123.jpeg
    423.6 KB · Views: 7
  • 170A6796-509E-497C-86C5-86865D18A38D.jpeg
    170A6796-509E-497C-86C5-86865D18A38D.jpeg