Town Car air suspension problems? Read this thread!

G-672840

My 2005 Town car rear suspension sinks as I drive down the road, I stop and get out and check it out and it raises as I watch it. I drive down the road and it sinks again. I'm looking for tips on how I can start narrowing down what the culprit is.
Your air cylinders are shot or almost shot. Just had mine replaced. Also replaced the air pump and dryer. Rides like a champ now. It’s very important to also replace the dryer adjacent to the air pump or moisture will ruin the new pump. That’s the voice of experience. Anyway, replaced the air shocks, dryer and air pump. Rides like a dream now.

G-148599

2 hours later I checked the height and she dropped a 1/2 inch, I started her up, the compressor kicked in and she sank to the ground?

I switched the system off in the trunk and turned her back on 1 minute later. After several minutes the compressor kicked in and she lifted to full height and I promptly turned off the system, I am sure she will be at the same height position in the morning.

Here is what I have so far:
Air backs that won't deflate when the system is turned off but will deflate with the system turned on. (turning off the system and turning it back on corrects this problem, at least until I park it for awhile)
A newly installed suspension height sensor that has been re-checked and operating properly
Dealers computer tester was not able to do an auto check on the system as it had trouble communicating with the system control module even after the dealer uploaded and installed new updates to their system while working on my car. The dealer was able to run that system in a manual mode checking one component at a time and everything checked out successful.
I'm not a rocket scientist but my gut feeling tells me the system control module is faulty? (which means I just switch out the control module?)
My second choice would be a faulty air spring solenoid? (which means I have to determine which one is faulty?)

Any feedback would be great, thanks
We ended up replacing both suspension bags, the air pump and (importantly) the dryer. It sits next to the pump. Apparently we had a leak and over time it allowed moisture in the system causing us to replace the rear air bags, air pump and the dryer. We had a mechanic friend do it- $800.00.

Jaskim06

i would consider deleting that junk air ride, nothing but problems.. and if you do fix it your bags will rot out next and compresser will go out....price those, the best solution is here....http://www.amazon.com/APDTY-Suspens...kmr0&keywords=2005+lincoln+towncar+conversion
Get 303 spray for 14.99 sold auto, amazon etc. Created for the airline industry to protect rubber, plastic etc. Spray on your new tires, Airbags etc all over your car. It will seal and keep rubber supple and not crack. Been on a TC for 8 years. Bags look new. Spray them down real good 2 times a year. Stuff is amazing. So many people buy new rubber airbags and just throw on the car. Then all the water, salt, snow, mud etc beats them down and causes cracks. I Spray my tires, bags, trim interior etc 2 times a year. Blows armor all away. Won't have a fuzzy stickiness. All looks new. You'll thank me later.

Babyburr

Get 303 spray for 14.99 sold auto, amazon etc. Created for the airline industry to protect rubber, plastic etc. Spray on your new tires, Airbags etc all over your car. It will seal and keep rubber supple and not crack. Been on a TC for 8 years. Bags look new. Spray them down real good 2 times a year. Stuff is amazing. So many people buy new rubber airbags and just throw on the car. Then all the water, salt, snow, mud etc beats them down and causes cracks. I Spray my tires, bags, trim interior etc 2 times a year. Blows armor all away. Won't have a fuzzy stickiness. All looks new. You'll thank me later.
Is that tire coating and protectant 303?

Jaskim06

Is that tire coating and protectant 303?
Yes. It comes in a white and newer blue bottle. It keeps rubber supple. I use on tires and air bags. Look new even after the nasty Pa winter. Your bags and tires will not crack or fade at all. The bottom of the airbags is where it cracks where it's molded to the small usually white plastic piece that sits on rear-end. Look at any replacement pis or video. Im a mechanic and my father has a logging company. He has air bags on his semi trucks. We spray them 2 times a year and they last many years longer. You don't have to get them perfect either. Just give a good soaking and you're good to go. I get at advance or autozone. 12-14$ Semper Fi sir.

Towncarlimoguy

Yes. It comes in a white and newer blue bottle. It keeps rubber supple. I use on tires and air bags. Look new even after the nasty Pa winter. Your bags and tires will not crack or fade at all. The bottom of the airbags is where it cracks where it's molded to the small usually white plastic piece that sits on rear-end. Look at any replacement pis or video. Im a mechanic and my father has a logging company. He has air bags on his semi trucks. We spray them 2 times a year and they last many years longer. You don't have to get them perfect either. Just give a good soaking and you're good to go. I get at advance or autozone. 12-14$ Semper Fi sir.
Just bought some myself to try. Was actually looking for something to protect the leather top on the car and this stuff sounds perfect AND the rest of what it does is a bonus!

Jaskim06

Just bought some myself to try. Was actually looking for something to protect the leather top on the car and this stuff sounds perfect AND the rest of what it does is a bonus!
It is a huge help go keep our cars protected and lasting a lifetime. Ive just started using the turtle wax hybrid solutions. I saw this on a youtube video being tested and it lasted longer and protected better than anything else in a spray bottle you can by. I think with a double shot of 303 and hybrid solutions it will make a impenetrable layer of protection. Have fun and enjoy less work!!

Towncarlimoguy

It is a huge help go keep our cars protected and lasting a lifetime. Ive just started using the turtle wax hybrid solutions. I saw this on a youtube video being tested and it lasted longer and protected better than anything else in a spray bottle you can by. I think with a double shot of 303 and hybrid solutions it will make a impenetrable layer of protection. Have fun and enjoy less work!!
Thanks! Can’t wait to try it. Where do I find that hybrid solutions you’re talking about?

Jaskim06

Thanks! Can’t wait to try it. Where do I find that hybrid solutions you’re talking about?
Walmart, autozone, amazon. Its 14.99. You can Google it but it's a ceramic coating that's not $60-80. Just spray 2 sprays per panel and wipe and buff with microfiber cloth. So far it's amazing like the 303. BTW if you get new tires before you put on car spray that 303 all over inside and out and your tires will not crack, rot or look bad ever. Same with any rubber pieces. The video was on project farm about the hybrid solutions. He sprayed on a hood along with other like products and tried everything to get it to fail. Degreaser, dish soap, brake cleaner. Still did a great job. I use it on glass, leather seats after treating with meguiers leather wipes to keep them clean, soft and spotless. So far it's great. You'll thank me after you use it and see for yourself!! I can promise you that!

Towncarlimoguy

Walmart, autozone, amazon. Its 14.99. You can Google it but it's a ceramic coating that's not $60-80. Just spray 2 sprays per panel and wipe and buff with microfiber cloth. So far it's amazing like the 303. BTW if you get new tires before you put on car spray that 303 all over inside and out and your tires will not crack, rot or look bad ever. Same with any rubber pieces. The video was on project farm about the hybrid solutions. He sprayed on a hood along with other like products and tried everything to get it to fail. Degreaser, dish soap, brake cleaner. Still did a great job. I use it on glass, leather seats after treating with meguiers leather wipes to keep them clean, soft and spotless. So far it's great. You'll thank me after you use it and see for yourself!! I can promise you that!
It’s called turtle wax hybrid?