Town Car air suspension problems? Read this thread!

spurlockda

Hi, spurlockda.

The service manual DVDs are most likely legit. Like any eBay seller, check out their reviews and so on, to make sure they are a "legit" seller who consistently delivers what they claim to be selling.

Before buying the DVD, make sure it includes all the manuals for your car. If it has a bunch of other Lincolns, but not your year of Town Car, it's a waste of time even if they pay you $10 to take it.

Also, confirm whether this is a "factory printed" DVD or a "home copy." The "home copy" DVD won't last nearly as long as a factory-printed DVD, because home-writable DVDs trade off longevity for being able to be "burned" by a consumer instead of being "printed" in a factory and being unchangeable. This lack of longevity does need to be taken into consideration.

Good luck.
See, I replied to myself?

Stand by. That was a lot to digest for an old war horse who spent more time IN the military than as a civilian. We didn't have to use ebay much.

I copy all that you said - I think? If I end up with some Edsel manuals then I'll know I didn't understand as well as I thought :oops::rolleyes::ROFLMAO:

Brian J. Patterson

Northern Illinois
See, I replied to myself?

Stand by. That was a lot to digest for an old war horse who spent more time IN the military than as a civilian. We didn't have to use ebay much.

I copy all that you said - I think? If I end up with some Edsel manuals then I'll know I didn't understand as well as I thought :oops::rolleyes::ROFLMAO:
Hi, spurlockda.

I don't actually use eBay myself directly, and it has nothing to do with getting a lifetime monthly payment from our favorite Uncle. If I need to by something off of eBay, I give my younger sister the money and she buys it for me. I just don't need enough of the stuff on eBay to set up an account as a buyer. I also don't have the time to spend messing with eBay to get a good buyer or seller rating.

The way Ford splits up their manuals can vary from year to year. One year, everything for your car is in one book. Another year, and you have to buy six, eight, fifteen(?). So you have to be careful that everything you need is on the DVD you're looking at.

Before my father quit working on his own cars, he used to buy the Ford manuals from Helm the same month he bought the Ford the manuals covered. For the 1975 E150 Club Wagon and the 1977 Ford Grenada, he had to buy every manual Ford had Helm print that year. For his '67 Custom 500 and his '79 LTD, one book per car. But that ''77 manual set was the bomb when I had my '78 Town Car.

Good luck.

spurlockda

OK, I think I got a good one that seems to legit but I won't know for sure until it shows up.

I received my air springs today and the other things by Friday but I haven't heard (via email) from Tasca shipping yet?

Brian J. Patterson

Northern Illinois
OK, I think I got a good one that seems to legit but I won't know for sure until it shows up.

I received my air springs today and the other things by Friday but I haven't heard (via email) from Tasca shipping yet?
Hi, spurlockda.

Tasca seems a bit slow sometimes. They will send an email with tracking info once the order ships.

Good luck.

HTML