• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1998 Town Car" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1998 Town Car" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Town Car air suspension problems? Read this thread!

Brian J. Patterson

Northern Illinois
Hey all! I just purchased my first TC (2010) a few weeks ago and it does not have air ride suspension. I can’t find evidence that it ever had it in fact. It has standard components and no evidence of a compressor or lines or even the fuse socket ever being used. Was air ride NOT standard on the TC during this generation or is it likely someone changed it over?
Thanks!
At first read, it looks like a very thorough removal of the air-ride system. What is the trim level of your Town Car? If the air ride became "optional," it would be most likely to not be present on the lowest trim level.

Good luck.

MotoJess

At first read, it looks like a very thorough removal of the air-ride system. What is the trim level of your Town Car? If the air ride became "optional," it would be most likely to not be present on the lowest trim level.

Good luck.
It is the Signature Limited. Emphasis on “Limited” I guess. Yes even the cutout for the switch has no witness marks of any kind. I’m pretty certain now that it never came equipped with air ride. It’s still a great riding car but I have always wanted air ride.

HTML