Town Car air suspension problems? Read this thread!

Blueox

I too have a problem with the air suspension. Got 143,000 on the clock and the right side lowers over time. I likely will replace them with regular springs. Will have to do some research on what exact spring kit I need for my '05.

Big question is what to do with the pump? If the system module controls both the steering and the air suspension, will I always get a dash light?

LTC1997

I seem to have the same question as Blueox, since my air suspension on my '97 TC was replaced with springs by a previous owner.

My question is, how do I make the suspension indicator light on the dash turn off?

I thought maybe turning the switch ON might make the light go out IF it doesn't activate what is left of my pump(???). ...I'd maybe want to cut a power wire to the pump then?

Oh, and while I'm looking in the trunk, I'm trying to figure out why the key suddenly won't unlock the trunk, seems I have to use the trunk button on the driver's door to open it now.

Blueox

Well I got my answer on turning off the light. CANNOT BE DONE per the dealer. No way to change the programming at all. And the module from a 2011 will not work. So, we are screwed.

Blueox

Just checked out the price on aftermarket, Arnott. Bags, valves, pump, around $600 at O'Reilly's. Ford parts are three times as much. So depending on diagnosis, ....

HTML