The New Lincoln Continental Picture Thread

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

socialninja

+1 for the site(s). My camera is at the bottom of the logo, and what looks to me (eyes are getting older and everything shines) to be a part of the Logo housing.

I see what you mean about pricing. Still, if it would work for me, I would order it. :) Yeah that install would take some time. Those wheel caps look cool.
I have the LED floating caps coming too. I’m hopeful to have everything done by early March. Lincoln is gonna have to hire me and let me do my own edition. I have a real dream of trading this one and getting the model with suicide doors. My big wish is for someone to partner with to do a wrap. I have some ideas, but in San Antonio, where I live, the movement is still kinda new. I’ve only visited one place, here. They do good work, but it’s expensive as heck. I’m telling you, I get a ton of attention. I think it’s about common sense mods. Keeping an eye to the past and appreciating the classic lines. Ever since I was in elementary school, I modded hot wheels and every car I ever had. After 7 kids, vans and SUV’s, I’m rediscovering kool at almost 60. If I were 20 years younger, I’d design a wide body kit for it. I’ve loved this car since they first announced it. I thought it was gorgeous. But, now owning one, I’m just alive with a car loaded with style and begging for more.✌🏽

OmegaLincoln

I have the LED floating caps coming too. I’m hopeful to have everything done by early March. Lincoln is gonna have to hire me and let me do my own edition. I have a real dream of trading this one and getting the model with suicide doors. My big wish is for someone to partner with to do a wrap. I have some ideas, but in San Antonio, where I live, the movement is still kinda new. I’ve only visited one place, here. They do good work, but it’s expensive as heck. I’m telling you, I get a ton of attention. I think it’s about common sense mods. Keeping an eye to the past and appreciating the classic lines. Ever since I was in elementary school, I modded hot wheels and every car I ever had. After 7 kids, vans and SUV’s, I’m rediscovering kool at almost 60. If I were 20 years younger, I’d design a wide body kit for it. I’ve loved this car since they first announced it. I thought it was gorgeous. But, now owning one, I’m just alive with a car loaded with style and begging for more.✌🏽

They need someone as passionate about the vehicle as you that's for sure. (y) Me, I like the styling well enough with little changes if given the opportunity. My Christmas wish list would more HP. Maybe even a performance hybrid option.

I don't know if it's I been in a truck/suv for the last 4 years or I really really miss driving a sedan. I freakin love this car. I'll be the first to admit that these door handles/switches, was so so at the beginning, now wish they were on all my vehicles. Should be the standard at Ford just like the no fuel caps.

socialninja

They need someone as passionate about the vehicle as you that's for sure. (y) Me, I like the styling well enough with little changes if given the opportunity. My Christmas wish list would more HP. Maybe even a performance hybrid option.

I don't know if it's I been in a truck/suv for the last 4 years or I really really miss driving a sedan. I freakin love this car. I'll be the first to admit that these door handles/switches, was so so at the beginning, now wish they were on all my vehicles. Should be the standard at Ford just like the no fuel caps.
FYI, Livernois does have a tune for both 2.7 and 3.0. That 3.0 AWD with a tune, is a monster track sleeper. It’s killing Vettes and that 392 Charger/Challenger. Check the brother on YouTube. He’s smashing folks with a car seat in the back. The tune is nice, because you can always flash in/out of it. Me, I just see the brilliant sports sedan before me, that with a few classy appointments, puts in a class near Bently. For the times that I’m stopped around town, Lincoln may have to pay me for saving an icon. Especially, when I’m not spending a lot doing it. I’m also conscious enough to realize that less is more. I hate when guys throw everything they can on their car. Enhance is the word! This is a simply gorgeous car, that backs it up with performance.

OmegaLincoln

FYI, Livernois does have a tune for both 2.7 and 3.0. That 3.0 AWD with a tune, is a monster track sleeper. It’s killing Vettes and that 392 Charger/Challenger. Check the brother on YouTube. He’s smashing folks with a car seat in the back. The tune is nice, because you can always flash in/out of it. Me, I just see the brilliant sports sedan before me, that with a few classy appointments, puts in a class near Bently. For the times that I’m stopped around town, Lincoln may have to pay me for saving an icon. Especially, when I’m not spending a lot doing it. I’m also conscious enough to realize that less is more. I hate when guys throw everything they can on their car. Enhance is the word! This is a simply gorgeous car, that backs it up with performance.

I plan on getting the tune in the next 5 months or so. I can see where having the transmission more finely tuned could be a big help on overall performance. For me the handling might be one of the biggest surprises yet.

socialninja

I plan on getting the tune in the next 5 months or so. I can see where having the transmission more finely tuned could be a big help on overall performance. For me the handling might be one of the biggest surprises yet.
Then I’ll look forward to your report. I’m on the fence about a tune. When I bought my Continental, I had been promising myself a HellCat Charger. I feel like I got the best of both worlds. So, perhaps if the Gods smile on me, I’ll get the Coach model, to shine with this one. I really wanted the Suicide doors. Otherwise, it’s a Bemtly Continental GT to pair with this one.

MarkX

What I love most about this car besides the old school feel and charm. Is... I don't have to worry about seeing another one on the road!
It's a bit different for me but with a similar result. I live in a fairly Continental-rich environment -- Manhattan -- and I love seeing another one on the road. Earlier today, I saw one in Jade Green in front of the Guggenheim Museum on Fifth Avenue and it looked mighty nice! Some of the cars here are in limo fleets but not this one: the plates were sporting just two pair of initials. Even though the color would not be my first choice, it gave me a warm feeling to know that I've got one, too!

socialninja

It's a bit different for me but with a similar result. I live in a fairly Continental-rich environment -- Manhattan -- and I love seeing another one on the road. Earlier today, I saw one in Jade Green in front of the Guggenheim Museum on Fifth Avenue and it looked mighty nice! Some of the cars here are in limo fleets but not this one: the plates were sporting just two pair of initials. Even though the color would not be my first choice, it gave me a warm feeling to know that I've got one, too!
That green is gorgeous! I almost bought one that color, but it was a Reserve. It’s almost regal.

OmegaLincoln

I know what you mean. I'm originally from the land of Lincoln. It's one of the few places I saw guys close to my age driving around in MKS(s). Still don't see a lot of Continentals there though.

Where I 'm at now, lots of high-dollar Euros everywhere. I know I shouldn't, but I kind of feel for the guy who spent 100k and still has to lineup next to the yoga-butt housewife with something similar,.. if not the exact same.

OmegaLincoln

Then I’ll look forward to your report. I’m on the fence about a tune. When I bought my Continental, I had been promising myself a HellCat Charger. I feel like I got the best of both worlds. So, perhaps if the Gods smile on me, I’ll get the Coach model, to shine with this one. I really wanted the Suicide doors. Otherwise, it’s a Bemtly Continental GT to pair with this one.
I sure will. I looked at some of the hotrods out there from Dodge and Chevy. I realized I didn't want the styling so much as I wanted the engines.

socialninja

So, I ordered my new spoiler, to replace the first one. I just love the Duck Bill style, and it’s in line with the MKZ spoiler. Everything that I’m trying to do, I want to look like it came from the manufacturer. I’m posting the EBay store and model I ordered, as well as the size. I like including the store I’m buying from because there’s no roadmap for what I’m doing. I’m getting a lot of help with sizing and making sure that I make the right purchase, the first time. There are also quite a few stores that I’m not making purchases from, because the product isn’t right for the look I’m that I’m trying to accomplish. I hope that buy posting the store and product, I’ll save you guys a lot of legwork. If you don’t mind, if you do buy from these stores, please mention my name, Randall Manning. I don’t get anything from it, but I do tell the people that I’m gonna post this. Who knows, if enough people shop with them, they’ll offer discounts. I’m just having fun and doing something with my pandemic time.
I just got my black grill today. I haven’t opened the box yet. When I do, I’ll post it. It won’t get installed until I get my LED Logo. I’m still looking at late February before that gets done. So good luck people. I hope this inspires people to not be afraid to personalize a beautiful car. This week, I’ll be talking with someone about wrap ideas. Not a full wrap. I want to do something that accentuates the beautiful lines.
There are many other spoilers on line. Express yourself 🙏🏽

Attachments

• 8A543FEB-1598-40C7-ACCF-F8EDA64F69B8.jpeg
    8A543FEB-1598-40C7-ACCF-F8EDA64F69B8.jpeg
    174.6 KB · Views: 11

OmegaLincoln

I decided to go with this spoiler. It is a perfect match for the black paint.

Painted Fit 2017-2021 Lincoln Continental-Rear Window Roof Spoiler(Black) | eBay

s-l1600.jpg

socialninja

Any problems with the install? Did you install it on the glass with just alcohol(clean) and tape? Does it hold up to car washes?
Zero issues. I don’t know if I mentioned, but I’m 3 months into a 6 month recovery from back surgery. So, my young son is helping me with anything that I decide to take on myself. As you can imagine, you never appreciate the simplicity of doing things until you’re really challenged. We had no issue. If I had one complaint it’s that it seemed a bit long. Maybe 1/4 inch. We placed it. Pulled the adhesive tape off slowly and pressed evenly. Then I took a clean rag and applied pressure side to side. I put painters tape on for 24 hrs and pressed it again periodically. As you can tell, I took great pains to make sure of good adhesion. I’ve had zero issues and it looks great. If I didn’t post the pictures, I will take a few, later on this afternoon.
I’m gonna check the my schedule and weather for a few days, and hopefully remove my current spoiler and install the new one today. It’ll be interesting to see how hard it is to take up the old one and clean up the area. I’m very cautious about adhesion, because in Texas, it gets so hot. I’ve seen those rubber radio antenna melt and bend on cars. Things melt and slide off. Plus, we have high speed highways and long distance travel. Everything’s big in Texas!

socialninja

Here’s a couple of pictures. I wiped my glass with plane alcohol. No problem with car washes. It’s solid! In a little while, I’m gonna unbox my new black grill. I’ll post pictures. My new spoiler came today, too! I’ll let you know how hard it is to remove a properly installed spoiler, attached with adhesive tape. 🙏🏼

Attachments

• 4DC556D6-8359-4B7B-A9FD-75AEE2DF7F43.jpeg
    4DC556D6-8359-4B7B-A9FD-75AEE2DF7F43.jpeg
    247.6 KB · Views: 20
  • CB26E93C-0DB9-41E5-A8F2-E4BB700D251A.jpeg
    CB26E93C-0DB9-41E5-A8F2-E4BB700D251A.jpeg
    207 KB · Views: 17
  • 4B4153F2-C904-4304-8C18-741841300979.jpeg
    4B4153F2-C904-4304-8C18-741841300979.jpeg
    214.3 KB · Views: 20
  • 64669486-5D03-4100-9287-818A0DD49235.jpeg
    64669486-5D03-4100-9287-818A0DD49235.jpeg
    228 KB · Views: 20

socialninja

I got my front door storage cups! So simple. It’s definitely the accessory that you didn’t know you needed!!! The back door set should be here tomorrow.

Attachments

• A5F7B9E0-6A2B-4C88-B7AB-4B48FED3447B.jpeg
    A5F7B9E0-6A2B-4C88-B7AB-4B48FED3447B.jpeg
    268.9 KB · Views: 22
  • 6629D1C2-414E-4952-AB3C-51F49C246B8E.jpeg
    6629D1C2-414E-4952-AB3C-51F49C246B8E.jpeg
    244.2 KB · Views: 22
  • 01F2322E-6162-4227-8775-8FEAE53140CC.jpeg
    01F2322E-6162-4227-8775-8FEAE53140CC.jpeg
    303.5 KB · Views: 22
  • 34E3B0DB-5C9B-4DFE-BC58-08B97559FBA8.jpeg
    34E3B0DB-5C9B-4DFE-BC58-08B97559FBA8.jpeg