• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1998 Town Car" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1998 Town Car" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

MSFT Sync 4.4 download file

davidanthony94

Sync update

Yes. I'll need to do the same as I did for mailmal. As it is 99MB, provide me a link in Dropbox, and I'll share it with you. uploaded & deleted.

Hello, i recently purchased a 2014 fusion and the sync needs to be updated.. Would you by chance have this file still? I would greatly appreciate it. I cant find it anywhere. And when i check sync my ride it tells me its up to date, which i know it is not.

phigment

I feel like I need to make those owners who are on 3.1 aware of what the upgrade will do.

1. If you listen to bluetooth audio, after the update, it will no longer auto resume playing bluetooth audio. You will have to select bluetooth audio from the voice prompts or manually select it. Every single time you shut the car off.

2. After the update, if you make calls from your phone, after the first ring it will go into Privacy mode. This means you will not be able to hear the ringing and conversation through your speakers. You will have to manually hit the Privacy button, or select the Bluetooth button on your phone to get the sound back through your speakers. I have found no way to resolve this on Android with a Note 5, Nexus 6p, and LG G3.

3. You will get Metadata after the update. As of 4.6 you will get an option on screen to restart the system. This will save you from having to pull the fuse when the system locks up. The system locking up occurs randomly as of the 4.4 update.

I did own a 2011 MKS. All of these "features" are the same for that car. I recently purchased a 2010 MKT and the Sync system had been updated. I almost didn't purchase the vehicle because of it. Instead I am doing what I did for my MKS. I am purchasing another Sync module from ebay that has Sync 3.1 installed on it. I will swap out the module and never upgrade it EVER. Ford stipulated that the updates were to make the system more compatible with current phones. My Note 5 paired with 3.1 on my MKS just fine. It never had a problem save for metadata. Which I can live without. Not having to say "Bluetooth Audio" and the female voice repeating "Bluetooth Audio" TWICE every time I get in my car makes it worth it.

If you do not listen to bluetooth audio and you only make calls using the sync voice commands, you will likely never know about these "features".

turbodave

Seymour, TN
This is getting rediculious!! I click on the link you provided and it takes me to the page I show pictured. I click on the sync link on that page and it takes me to the Sync 3 page. Sync3 isn't going to help us much.
Then if I click on the customer support link on that page it wraps me right back around to the original page I have pictured.
Ford's web sites suck!

SGilbert

South Bend, IN
Have you ever registered with Ford &/or Lincoln with your VIN or a name & password? That may be why you're having trouble.

Thought about asking you for your VIN and I would download the update for you, but that wouldn't work, as I'd need to add YOUR MKT to my page.

Do you have Dropbox? I could add the update to that for you to download.

vinaygoel2000

Houston
This is getting rediculious!! I click on the link you provided and it takes me to the page I show pictured. I click on the sync link on that page and it takes me to the Sync 3 page. Sync3 isn't going to help us much.
Then if I click on the customer support link on that page it wraps me right back around to the original page I have pictured.
Ford's web sites suck!
Just go to owner.lincoln.com, register or sign in. You should be able to find the Sync file and download from there.

turbodave

Seymour, TN
Yes, I'm registered. I think I figured out my page loading issue. I run Ghostery to trap adds, popups and other junk, and it must have been the issue. I turned it off and now your links load OK, although slowly because of the adds, etc.

vinaygoel2000

Houston
Yes, I'm registered. I think I figured out my page loading issue. I run Ghostery to trap adds, popups and other junk, and it must have been the issue. I turned it off and now your links load OK, although slowly because of the adds, etc.
Haha. I use Ghostery as well. I keep Advertising and Site Analytics blocked. Let other stuff like Essential, Customer Interaction, Audio/Video Player run.

Glad you figured it out.

squeege96

By any chance, do you still have this file?

I have Sync 4.4.1 Gen 1. Is this what you want? "Gen1v441buildEE2824updatefromv3263packageRev2"
So I made the mistake of updating my Gen 1 Sync to 4.6 - I have now completely lost my ability to use Siri or any voice commands through my phone. I would like to attempt downgrading to 4.4.1, but can't find the file anywhere. Do you still happen to have a copy? My email address is squeege96 at gmail.com. Thanks in advance!

HTML