• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1998 Town Car" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1998 Town Car" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

MSFT Sync 4.4 download file

malimal

Does anybody have the download file for Sync version 4.4? I tried to download it but the page does not work or keeps looping back to the press here to download the update page.

Called Lincoln and they said it was taken down and will not have a new file until 4.6 is ready.

malimal

only numbers i can get are from when I select "Whats in this Update". They are...DR3T-14D544-AF SYNC v4.4

but the last version i had was v3.2. so that sounds about right.

SGilbert

South Bend, IN
My question should have been, then, what year is your MKt, &/or, what version of Sync do you have. Mine is Gen 1, if you have Gen 2, which is MyLincolnTouch, My file will not work for you.

Edit: I see you have a 2011 (from your other post), as I do. My updater should work for you. I'll need an email, which likely should not be on a public forum. Shoot me an eMail at <deleted-file sent>.

Last edited:
Does anybody have the download file for Sync version 4.4? I tried to download it but the page does not work or keeps looping back to the press here to download the update page.

Called Lincoln and they said it was taken down and will not have a new file until 4.6 is ready.
I'm not really sure what you are referring to. To my knowledge both MFT and MLT are Sync 2 The new Sync 3 is being introduced in some 2016 models and in all 2017 models. Current software is V3.8. Is this post about something else? Not sure what MSFT is. Perhaps I'm on the wrong track.

Peter

SGilbert

South Bend, IN
https://owner.lincoln.com/how-tos/sync-technology/sync-with-navigation/software-updates/how-to-install-updates-in-your-vehicle.html?year=2011&model=MKT&sync=voiceNav

Install the latest SYNC® with Voice-Activated Navigation software updates in your vehicle. To get started, download the software updates to a USB drive. After you’ve installed the updates in your vehicle, be sure to report the successful installation.12
Before you start

There are a few things you should do before starting step 1:

Familiarize yourself with your vehicle’s USB port, controls, and screens
Note any saved Navigation points. You’ll need to re-enter them after the installation is complete
To perform the following steps, you must first complete the previous procedure: How to download software updates to a USB drive12
Take the USB drive with the software updates to your vehicle.
Turn on your vehicle, and then turn on the radio.

Make sure your car is in a well-ventilated area. Your vehicle will need to be turned on, with the engine running between 25 to 35 minutes. Make sure that your vehicle is not in Accessory mode.
Plug the USB drive in to your vehicle’s USB port.
Press the media control.
Touch User Device on the Navigation screen. Touch Settings and then Install.
SYNC prompts, “Begin Installation?” Touch Yes on the Navigation screen.

SYNC prompts “Installing file…” Do not remove your USB drive or turn off your vehicle while this update is in progress. Shortly after installation has begun, SYNC says “Installation Complete.” Ignore this message. It refers to a specific phase of the installation, not the overall update process. While the update is loading, SYNC will not recognize your mobile phone or media device.
In another five to 10 minutes , SYNC says “Installation Complete.” The system then reboots, which takes several minutes. Do not attempt to use SYNC during this time.

SYNC may also say, "The system will now reboot. Please wait a few moments before using the system."
SYNC prompts “Installation Complete.” Touch OK on the navigation screen, and then press the MENU control to exit installation mode.
It is now safe to remove your USB drive.
Once you have installed the SYNC software updates, you’ll need to pair your phone again. To complete the process, take the USB drive to your computer to report the successful installation.12,25

turbodave

Seymour, TN
https://owner.lincoln.com/how-tos/sync-technology/sync-with-navigation/software-updates/how-to-install-updates-in-your-vehicle.html?year=2011&model=MKT&sync=voiceNav

Install the latest SYNC® with Voice-Activated Navigation software updates in your vehicle. To get started, download the software updates to a USB drive. After you’ve installed the updates in your vehicle, be sure to report the successful installation.12
Before you start

There are a few things you should do before starting step 1:

Familiarize yourself with your vehicle’s USB port, controls, and screens
Note any saved Navigation points. You’ll need to re-enter them after the installation is complete
To perform the following steps, you must first complete the previous procedure: How to download software updates to a USB drive12
Take the USB drive with the software updates to your vehicle.
Turn on your vehicle, and then turn on the radio.

Make sure your car is in a well-ventilated area. Your vehicle will need to be turned on, with the engine running between 25 to 35 minutes. Make sure that your vehicle is not in Accessory mode.
Plug the USB drive in to your vehicle’s USB port.
Press the media control.
Touch User Device on the Navigation screen. Touch Settings and then Install.
SYNC prompts, “Begin Installation?” Touch Yes on the Navigation screen.

SYNC prompts “Installing file…” Do not remove your USB drive or turn off your vehicle while this update is in progress. Shortly after installation has begun, SYNC says “Installation Complete.” Ignore this message. It refers to a specific phase of the installation, not the overall update process. While the update is loading, SYNC will not recognize your mobile phone or media device.
In another five to 10 minutes , SYNC says “Installation Complete.” The system then reboots, which takes several minutes. Do not attempt to use SYNC during this time.

SYNC may also say, "The system will now reboot. Please wait a few moments before using the system."
SYNC prompts “Installation Complete.” Touch OK on the navigation screen, and then press the MENU control to exit installation mode.
It is now safe to remove your USB drive.
Once you have installed the SYNC software updates, you’ll need to pair your phone again. To complete the process, take the USB drive to your computer to report the successful installation.12,25
I wish just once something would go right.
For some reason my system doesn't get past the first "installation complete" message. I waited for over 20 minutes after that and nothing happened. So I'm stumped and don't even know how to check what version is even in the system.

HTML