MSFT Sync 4.4 download file

bbf2530

gahh. I don't see where I can edit/delete an older post.

Hi RTH. After a certain period of time (not sure what the limit is), the ability to edit/delete an older post is eliminated.

Just to elaborate (probably needlessly:)): There actually is not a "delete" option anyway. We can edit out the text, but not actually delete the post itself. I guess if it was important, we could contact a Moderator/Administrator and ask to have the a post deleted.

Good luck.

Last edited:

SGilbert

South Bend, IN
I guess you're right--no edit button anymore. I see you downloaded the file, though. Hope it helps.

And--talk about forum 'wackiness'; bbf2530 shows as a Junior Member having 1458 posts and joined 10/2011. I am a Senior Member with 894 posts and joined 1/2010. Go figure. :)

bbf2530

I guess you're right--no edit button anymore. I see you downloaded the file, though. Hope it helps.

And--talk about forum 'wackiness'; bbf2530 shows as a Junior Member having 1458 posts and joined 10/2011. I am a Senior Member with 894 posts and joined 1/2010. Go figure. :)

Hi SGilbert. Hey, never even noticed that! I would think my hair color alone would make me a "Senior Member". ;)

SGilbert

South Bend, IN
Well, here it is 6 hours later and my 'Edit' button is still active. I'll check tomorrow.

bbf2530, FWIW, I'm only half grey, but my almost 75 years ought to entitle me to the 'Senior Member' status. :)

bbf2530

Well, here it is 6 hours later and my 'Edit' button is still active. I'll check tomorrow.

bbf2530, FWIW, I'm only half grey, but my almost 75 years ought to entitle me to the 'Senior Member' status. :)

Hi SGilbert. I've never checked closely, but the Edit button seems to be available for about 5-7 days. Then POOF...it's gone. :oops:

RedTailHawk

Any idea how to contact an Administrator? I've tried the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page but it generates an error when I try to submit the form.

moveupwithmike

@SGilbert First, thanks for staying active in the thread for years. I bought a 2010 MKT at auction. I went to my lincoln and downloaded the update, but nothing happens. I have the 4.4 update and will give it a try. I am hoping this has better luck.

Does anyone have a trick to get Sync to recognize the USB drive.

moveupwithmike

OK, after reading the board I was able to find the install button. For the past week, I've followed Lincoln's website which say just plug the usb drive in and it should start the installation. Following the instructions, I went to Media, clicked on settings and then a bunch of options came up one being install.

Here's the new problem, when I hit install, both usb drives I've had loaded (One with 4.4 and One with 4.6) came back file not found. What I do wrong. I downloaded the zip file. Opened the zip file and copied the zip file over to the USB drive. The files had 2 files outside of a folder and then the folder had files.

moveupwithmike

Back a third time in one day. So, I finally made progress. What made the difference for me was reformatting my USB Drive. The Ford and Lincoln websites both give instructions to format the drive exFAT. I read in a different Ford forum to just format my drive as FAT. When I did that, Sync finally recognize my USB drive.

Now the Installation complete popped up pretty quick, but I read here that this is just the first one and to let it keep going. So I locked the door and put a timer on my phone to go back out in 20 minutes.

moveupwithmike

Yes, me again. So I went out to check the car. It was back to the home screen (installation complete was gone). I really dont know if it did anything. Let me ask the dumb question, does v4.4 allow for Apple CarPlay. That's really what I was trying to upgrade to.

I have a 2010 MKT

SGilbert

South Bend, IN
You will NEVER get Apple CarPlay unless you buy a newer car! Sync 1 & 2 do not have it--Period! I THINK 3 does wired--4 does wireless. Don't quote me though.

bbf2530

You will NEVER get Apple CarPlay unless you buy a newer car! Sync 1 & 2 do not have it--Period! I THINK 3 does wired--4 does wireless. Don't quote me though.

Hi muwm. Yes, SGilbert is correct. No Apple CarPlay until SYNC 3 and later iterations of SYNC 3.X (all wired).
SYNC 4, which is rolling out now, offers wireless CarPlay.

Good luck.

RedGeminiPA

Altoona, PA
Apple CarPlay can be done with Sync 2, but not Sync 1 (pre-2013). I might pull the trigger on one of these at some point:

bbf2530

Apple CarPlay can be done with Sync 2, but not Sync 1 (pre-2013). I might pull the trigger on one of these at some point:

Hi RG. Thanks for the links. There are aftermarket add-ons, dongles and gizmos that will allow you to have Apple CarPlay with SYNC 2/MyLincoln Touch w/SYNC. A vehicle owner could also buy an aftermarket stereo that has intergrated Apple CarPlay/Android Auto..

However, just to avoid confusion for others, we were discussing SYNC integrated Apple CarPlay and being able to use CarPlay natively with SYNC itself, right out of the box, no add-ons. That is only available with SYNC 3+.

Hope that avoids confusion for others. Good luck.

RedGeminiPA

Altoona, PA
Hi RG. Thanks for the links. There are aftermarket add-ons, dongles and gizmos that will allow you to have Apple CarPlay with SYNC 2/MyLincoln Touch w/SYNC. A vehicle owner could also buy an aftermarket stereo that has intergrated Apple CarPlay/Android Auto..

However, just to avoid confusion for others, we were discussing SYNC integrated Apple CarPlay and being able to use CarPlay natively with SYNC itself, right out of the box, no add-ons. That is only available with SYNC 3+.

Hope that avoids confusion for others. Good luck.
2016 Sync 3 requires a firmware update AND a new USB port install for CarPlay to work.

As for a 2010, an aftermarket head unit would be easier to install than in 2013+, which requires the touchscreen integration for climate controls and heated/cooled seats. I'm a little jealous of owners of pre-2013 models for that reason, and the fact the physical buttons are more reliable than the touch panel FCIM, which are prone to fail, as mine did.