The New Lincoln Continental Picture Thread

RoadRage786

The less chrome, the better and you've made a good start.

More, please, on how you dechromed the back. It the previously-chrome trim painted in the body paint of your car (which it seems to be) or just a generic black?

I thought I saw a Conti at a dealer with a black front grill. I don't remember if the surround or the center star were black or chrome but it causes me to wonder if a black grill is available through FoMoCo parts? It is a bit of a nasty job to replace the grill because it is in the bumper cover and camera wiring, etc., but buying a fresh new black grill might be better than a re-spray.
For de-chroming, I went for a gloss black wrap. Painting would have required more labor and this was an easier solution. It works well with the paint scheme. As far as the grill you mentioned, it's part of the 2020 monochrome package. I found some new all black grills on ebay which I will get because it's a lot easier than painting. It sucks that the bumper has to be dropped, so it's something that will take time to get done.

MarkX

For de-chroming, I went for a gloss black wrap. Painting would have required more labor and this was an easier solution. It works well with the paint scheme. As far as the grill you mentioned, it's part of the 2020 monochrome package. I found some new all black grills on ebay which I will get because it's a lot easier than painting. It sucks that the bumper has to be dropped, so it's something that will take time to get done.
Nice! I presume the wrap is reversible, too, which may have some advantages.

I would be most concerned about disrupting the camera(s?) when it comes to replacing the grill. Last year, I had the front end of a Conti rental sideswiped by a hit-and-run bandit and the bill was about $1,700 covered by my insurance.

RoadRage786

Nice! I presume the wrap is reversible, too, which may have some advantages.

I would be most concerned about disrupting the camera(s?) when it comes to replacing the grill. Last year, I had the front end of a Conti rental sideswiped by a hit-and-run bandit and the bill was about $1,700 covered by my insurance.
Yes it is reversible in the sense it can be peeled off. In regards to the grill, I don't have a front camera, so the install is much easier. I will tackle that and dechrome the front strip along the bottom of the front bumper.