SYNC 3 Navigation Map Update

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

Well I had been on the phone to the 800 number and shuffled around to a few people; frustrating and sometimes hard to hear and understand support people. Somehow, I must have gotten my point through because going back to the download page; I am able to download new zip file (bigger 12.4 gb). Have over 8 gb downloaded so far, a lot quicker.

PYsamkc

Just like magic, at 3:00 pm sharp, the file came back, yay, downloaded in 10 min, yesterday 4 hours.....12.4gb not the same file as last year. The file was last modified this morning. The SyncMyRide folder date is 09-02-21 10:49 this morning.

Thank you all for your support.

Last edited:

Black Label

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Burr Ridge, IL
Just like magic, at 3:00 pm sharp, the file came back, yay, downloaded in 10 min, yesterday 4 hours.....12.4gb not the same file as last year. The file was created this morning. The SyncMyRide folder date is 09-02-21 10:49 this morning.

Thank you all for your support.
Wow, what kind of internet speed do you have? Mine took a little over an hour.

Update was successful.

PYsamkc

Update was successful with USB key 3.0 Kingston. 1 hour. Files downloaded Sept 2.

Lincoln MKC 2019, SYNC 3 v3.0 rev.20204 & maps NA 2 20.

Last edited:

Black Label

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Burr Ridge, IL
Funny, my navigation system still thinks my house is in the town that is right next to my town. The city limits sort of zig zag around here. Amazing they can't get that right. Oh well, my expectations are obviously unrealistic to think they actually improve things each year.

PYsamkc

Just for fun today I re-downloaded the map (SyncPre32.zip) and compare it with the file I got on Sept 2, SAME file. Bytes and date of compression, identical.

Received only 1 invoice e-mail, not the 2 warnings of the updated files like many others. They should correct the official website (Ford and Lincoln), main page at the bottom NA 1 20.

RedHoncho

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Marysville, Ohio
I had to update my SYNC to 3.4 before I could install the new navigation update. 3.4 certainly has a different look than 3.3. Got everything installed. Just took a lot of time.

PYsamkc

I had to update my SYNC to 3.4 before I could install the new navigation update. 3.4 certainly has a different look than 3.3. Got everything installed. Just took a lot of time.

Because you have a late 19, 20, or 21 model. With my MKC 19, I cant update to 3.4 (legally).

Steve5

My problem installing the Map Software Update was Error Code: LST_ERR05; Map License is Missing from USB. The Ford Sync Team confirmed that all map licenses were on my USB, then kicked the problem up to their In-Vehicle Technology Team. It took a few days for their response. The technician advised that customers were having difficulty when using USB drives greater than 16gb and recommended that I use no more than 16gb. I was using a 32gb. I downloaded all files again to a 16gb USB and the installation went perfectly.

Last edited:

Sansfil2

Just to let everyone know again, when formatting your USB drive for Sync and Navigation updates it's important to format the drive correctly. Use only these settings. Format Exfat, and most important the Partition Map must be Master Boot Record. No more problems loading the files.
Cheers.

enigma-2

Funny, my navigation system still thinks my house is in the town that is right next to my town. The city limits sort of zig zag around here. Amazing they can't get that right. Oh well, my expectations are obviously unrealistic to think they actually improve things each year.
Try resetting your home location.