SYNC 3 Navigation Map Update

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

bbf2530

New updates and multi-year subscriptions available today!

Sez "The current Map version is NA 1 19."

That sound about right?
Hi Reyhook. Yes, the "current" map version for SYNC 3.0 users is NA 1 19. The update being offered will give SYNC 3.0 users NA 1 20.

SYNC 3.4 users have a current version of NA 2 19, and an update version of NA 2 20.

Good luck.

Last edited:

Black Label

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Burr Ridge, IL
I have been downloading for over 2 hours, and I am only 5.84 GB of 12.3 downloaded. WTH. Did a speed test, and it shows good speeds on my connection. Unreal. I'm at 755 KB/sec. I have no idea what that means other than that this is ridiculously slow to do.

I have a Deco mesh wifi system and it is fully up to date and optimized. Wow.

Hi Reyhook. Yes, the "current" map version for SYNC 3.0 users is NA 1 19. The update being offered will give SYNC 3.0 users NA 1 20.

SYNC 3.4 users have a current version of NA 2 19, and an update version of NA 2 20.

Good luck.
Would you happen to know if the flash drive requires specific formating for map updates? I recently updated the SYNC system and that required exFAT.

bbf2530

Would you happen to know if the flash drive requires specific formating for map updates? I recently updated the SYNC system and that required exFAT.

Hi Reyhook. If I recall correctly, the format requirement for the NAV map update is the same as SYNC updates. However, when you download the update or order the USB, the instructions are provided and will specify the format requirements.

Good luck.

Black Label

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Burr Ridge, IL
Anyone else attempting this download today? Servers must be overwhelmed. My download speeds are more than sufficient, but I am 5 1/2 hours in and 10.03 GB of 12.3 has downloaded.

tgara

Anyone else attempting this download today? Servers must be overwhelmed. My download speeds are more than sufficient, but I am 5 1/2 hours in and 10.03 GB of 12.3 has downloaded.
Right. Servers are swamped, just like when Apple releases an update on their OS. Your own gear is more than sufficlient, so the problem is on their end. Either tough it out, or try later.

Black Label

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Burr Ridge, IL
Right. Servers are swamped, just like when Apple releases an update on their OS. Your own gear is more than sufficlient, so the problem is on their end. Either tough it out, or try later.
I toughed it out, thanks.

But, the license file is not being recognized. Called and talked to the navigation people. I did everything correctly. The case has been escalated.

Downloading the map files again in case the first download was somehow messed up.

bbf2530

Anyone else having issues with the license file and LST_ERR05?

Hi BL. It seems many are having problems. First, the incorrect maps were listed and wrong files loaded on the website (last years, apparently). Then there are license file issues for some.

It seems the issues are being corrected, so I would recommend anyone interested in the new NA 1 20/NA 2 20 NAV maps wait a week or two until this is all straightened out by Lincoln/Ford.

Or in the case of those who already downloaded, like you, contact Lincoln/Ford and wait for them to get your particular issues corrected.

Keep us updated and good luck.

PYsamkc

Anyone else having issues with the license file and LST_ERR05?
I downloaded the 'new' maps (SyncPre32.zip) yesterday and compare it with the .zip of last year.....and its the SAME file. Bytes and dates of compresion are identical. Maybe that why the LST ERR05.

Now I try to re-download the maps and the file is gone. I got this error: ''This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it.''

I hope its not just me.

Black Label

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Burr Ridge, IL
Hi BL. It seems many are having problems. First, the incorrect maps were listed and wrong files loaded on the website (last years, apparently). Then there are license file issues for some.

It seems the issues are being corrected, so I would recommend anyone interested in the new NA 1 20/NA 2 20 NAV maps wait a week or two until this is all straightened out by Lincoln/Ford.

Or in the case of those who already downloaded, like you, contact Lincoln/Ford and wait for them to get your particular issues corrected.

Keep us updated and good luck.
Ha, when I called yesterday, multiple times, I told them the files all had dates from late 2019 or early 2020. They seemed confused. I asked if it was possible that the previous update was pushed out mistakenly. They had no answer for that.

I am downloading the map files again, much faster today. Maybe these will be the correct files.

My case has been escalated. If they are aware fo this issue, however, maybe they have now pushed the correct files.

bbf2530

Hi gang. Owners on other Lincoln/Ford forums who are experiencing the same or similar NAV map download issues, have reported that the correct files now seem to have been uploaded to the SYNC 3 NAV map update website today. So perhaps trying to download again may help.

If there are still issues, contacting the NAV maps customer service number would be the best thing to do, if anyone hasn't already.

FYI -No one I know of has reported a installing the update yet.

Good luck.

Last edited:

PYsamkc

Yesterday's file was 12.3 GB. Today's file is showing 12.6 GB, so I am hopeful this will solve the problem.
Where do you download the file???? On my invoice, I click the number 2: download map file and got this error,

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it
<Error>
<Code>AccessDenied</Code>
<Message>Accès refusé</Message>
<RequestId>577E5C82E2F6618D</RequestId>
<HostId>FhBBA5US3HXUeZkTHkrD9jBVjU4zu6HmOON0bgHPSpmVjPM+hho6so3MnBaBPJK68lEToFuAJDys</HostId>
</Error>

Black Label

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Burr Ridge, IL
Where do you download the file???? On my invoice, I click the number 2: download map file and got this error,

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it
<Error>
<Code>AccessDenied</Code>
<Message>Accès refusé</Message>
<RequestId>577E5C82E2F6618D</RequestId>
<HostId>FhBBA5US3HXUeZkTHkrD9jBVjU4zu6HmOON0bgHPSpmVjPM+hho6so3MnBaBPJK68lEToFuAJDys</HostId>
</Error>
Well, I never closed out the page that allows me download the map files. If you do and then re-enter your VIN, it seems the only option available is to purchase the USB from Ford. I would call the phone number 800-392-3673. When asked for a few words to describe the issue, say "Map update". It should route you to then select option 2 for the technical people. I would think they should push out the correct files to download again.

Black Label

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Burr Ridge, IL
Oh, and I called again today about something with this. The person on the phone was not aware of the incorrect files being sent out yesterday, I'm guessing, since she never mentioned that.

PYsamkc

Well, I never closed out the page that allows me download the map files. If you do and then re-enter your VIN, it seems the only option available is to purchase the USB from Ford. I would call the phone number 800-392-3673. When asked for a few words to describe the issue, say "Map update". It should route you to then select option 2 for the technical people. I would think they should push out the correct files to download again.
You can go back in your invoice to re-download the maps and the licence. I got my licence but i cant re-download the maps......the file is gone

Black Label

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Burr Ridge, IL
You can go back in your invoice to re-download the maps and the licence. I got my licence but i cant re-download the maps......the file is gone
Yes, I think that's what I was saying. I leave the page that has the instructions, map, and license files open. That way, I am able to download the map files multiple times. the license file is a one shot deal, however.

If there is a different invoice page you are referring to, I'm all ears, so to speak.