• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1998 Town Car" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1998 Town Car" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Show Us Your Lincoln(s)

Grigsb7

I bought a house and contents in a small central Illinois community recently and this 1987 Mark VII was in the garage. It has not been started in at least 5 years, no one knows for sure. It has 117,000 miles and is a little rough, especially the interior. I understand that the air ride has been replaced with regular shocks unfortunately.

The gentleman that owned the car previously was a well known local character. Father Scottish, mother African American, coal miner, Korean Conflict veteran and manager of the local legion bar. Although he was said to be hard on it, it was well known that he loved this car.

I dont't have any keys and the title took some effort but i own it now. Since I only paid $9,5000 for the house and all I basically got it for free so maybe can justify putting some money into it. I tell you I love the thought of this car. restored to decent condition, tooling around town. Pretty much everyone I know says I should sell it. I'm thinking that it's value is what it's worth to me and kind of want to keep it.

Attachments

Marshalpaul91

My dads 1977 Lincoln continental mark iv we are trying to sell it but i think the vin is wring from what my mom is telling me someone in my city wants to buy it but she lost the title I'm writing a bill of sale in my city which is 3 hours away and need the correct vin for sale so he can get a new title in his name we are selling it for 2500, vin she gave me is J7Y89A800245J tje the pic of him with car was years ago but he has crager wheels on it he kept it up it has been in garage since 2013 never been driven since no start we think carburetor

Attachments

hdshadpar

Hello there, just joined the forum as I just purchased a Mark V this past weekend from Medicine Hat, love the car but really no nothing about them except that this has only 58,000 kms. It has been sitting for some time so it runs a little rough but we made it home without any issues. With all that where do you go for parts or assistance in repairing? Reason is that my heater control portion does not work, you can move it so different selections and some make the car idle high and others reduce the idle but no fan. I'm looking to buy a shop manual but most of the repairs will be farmed out to the professionals. As for all that, are there any other forms for Lincoln owners? Jim

Attachments

HTML