• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1998 Town Car" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1998 Town Car" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Keyless entry not working.

baja

Welcome to the Forum.

Did you remove the DDM (Driver door module) from your old door and install it in the new/replaced door. What year was the new door from? Each DDM has a factory code printed on the DDM so you need the code for the particular DDM you have installed to operate the keypad. The factory DDM code is printed on the DDM in the forward part of the door. It has lots of wires attached.

The currently installed DDM may not be working correctly or missing a connector, so perhaps replace with the DDM from your old door.
Hello thank you for responding
I changed the door and put the old Ddm in it worked fine but I had to send it to a body shop to straighten the hinges when it came back the lock/unlock and mirror switch did not work nor the keypad I had the key pad from the new 1995 donor door so I tried it. it lights up when you unlock the door with the key fob but if you push any buttons nothing happens so I put the ddm that came with the new door same thing
If you say that's symptoms of a bad ddm I will pull another one and try it
Eagerly awaiting your response
Baja

Town

Ottawa Ontario Canada
I don't understand why it was not working after the hinge repair when it worked fine before. Did you check all the connections to the DDM before putting the other DDM in?

Putting in another good DDM may fix the issue, but it may be the wiring. I will find the electrical diagrams and see if I can see a diagnostic for testing the circuits.

zonardave

My 2004 TC Ultimate key fobs stopped working 18 months ago, then I got the intermittent Door Ajar thing and was forced to deal with the DDM. Replaced the original with the same part number from same model year and everything seems to have come back. No download/upload, no trip to the dealer (so far) - just need to remember new door code.

Dutchman

I have a 1997 Continental and have been busy replace parts on the car. Sentimental value mostly, belonging to parents. I have encountered a problem in the driver's door and have twice replaced the DDM. it follows a similar pattern. The car sits outside and we just had 4 days of heavy rain. The driver door ajar report started coming on. The trunk popped open twice. Then the internal light starts staying on until it automatically fades off. Now the keyless entry has stopped working and today the door locks popped up while driving. I found one used DDM and have ordered it.

I clearly have some kind of electrical short happening. Do you have any suggestions for where to start testing circuits and testing the DDM? I am digging into it via manuals and wiring diagrams, but it is a bit of a bit of pain with my big mits. I suspect the door switch is damaged with possible wire damage that is shorting when wet. Would that be enough to damage the DDM?
The second question is does anyone know where I can get the DDM refurbished. I have the two older failed ones and I can find no more new ones on line. I never tossed them thinking if I had too I could find someone who could repair them. I actually have replacement modules for virtually everything else.

If I can not isolate the short, is it possible to jump out functions so I don't fry this next DDM. I honestly am not confident there is supply around anymore. Any advice will be appreciated. I would also appreciate any advice on where to find the water leaks that are causing it and getting my paws onf trim parts and seals.

estreet7

I had a similar problem in my 04 Ultimate! I got Wiring diagrams and watched tons of YouTube videos on electrical trouble shooting! I even bought wire tracers and a Load Pro to test the wires! But, in the diagrams everything pointed to the DDM! So, I went to the U Pull and Pay and eventually they got one in with the same part numbers as mine! Months and months of reading Service manuals and how to read schematics videos and finally I was about to test something! But, first I changed the Driver Door Module and-Presto! Radio shut off, Power seat, Mirrors, Door locks, trunk release, Keyless entry, courtesy exit lights etc all worked again! 1 $20.00 plug and play part!!!

HTML