Corsair lead time

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

PADoc

Jul 24, 2022
My Lincoln
22 Corsair GT
I also found a Lincoln kit to install the sensor when they come available so not feeling too much a loss about this, and this is probably one option a don't feel too bad about loosing.
Where did you find such a kit? We picked up our new GT yesterday and the dealer said they were unaware of any plans to install the chip for the hands free lift gate when they are available.

Kbean72

Jun 18, 2022
My Lincoln
2022 Corsair
Where did you find such a kit? We picked up our new GT yesterday and the dealer said they were unaware of any plans to install the chip for the hands free lift gate when they are available.

Sold out but I think it leaves for the possibility of it being available in the future

Kbean72

Jun 18, 2022
My Lincoln
2022 Corsair

Sold out but I think it leaves for the possibility of it being available in the future
But also maybe this is just for if you have a hitch installed:(

timsvt

Jun 7, 2022
Looks like they sell the module for the hands free lift gate to restore usability if you add a hitch ( as they do with their other models). Looks like hands free liftgate has to be installed in the first place, maybe mention that kit to them. Not sure if this is whats needed or not, but it might be a clue.

PADoc

Jul 24, 2022
My Lincoln
22 Corsair GT
Sounds like this repositions the sensor that got blocked when a hitch was added. So not sure this replaces a deleted hands free lift gate. Since they only refund $55 I was hoping the only part missing was the chip. I don't know how much more would be involved in retrofitting it.

timsvt

Jun 7, 2022
Sounds like this repositions the sensor that got blocked when a hitch was added. So not sure this replaces a deleted hands free lift gate. Since they only refund $55 I was hoping the only part missing was the chip. I don't know how much more would be involved in retrofitting it.
Yea, tough to know. From what I understand you are deleting a module in a lot of cases on a line item delete and not a single "chip" and this part is listed throughout their lineup as a module. I would think the price of the credit wouldn't correspond to the retail price of that part regardless. Best of luck with it.

Sharbotcom

Apr 3, 2022
Sharbot Lake, Ontario
My Lincoln
2022 Corsair
So, being a glutton for punishment (just kidding), we just ordered another fully loaded 22 Corsair 2.3 for my wife to be a sister to my fully loaded 22 Corsair 2.3. The only difference is the color. Mine is Black/Cashew and hers will be Ocean Drive Blue/Medium Slate.

My wife doesn't like large info screens so she elected to grab a 22 while she could in case the 23s have the larger screen.

Apparently, the Corsair balanced out last Wednesday but my dealer has access to a slot that could be modified (although my understanding is that window is very close to closing). Since the last production run is fast approaching, the turn around time should be quicker than we have been experiencing (plus, it is not a GT).

In any case, time will tell.

BTW my dealer did mention that potentially we may not be able to get the standard 20" wheels that come with the Sport Package due to shortages and the wheels may be substituted with the 19s. He'll have confirmation on that substitution soon (I'll let this forum know more about that when I hear back from him on it or when we get the window sticker).

tgara

Aug 31, 2021
Connecticut
My Lincoln
2021 Nautilus
So, being a glutton for punishment (just kidding), we just ordered another fully loaded 22 Corsair 2.3 for my wife to be a sister to my fully loaded 22 Corsair 2.3. The only difference is the color. Mine is Black/Cashew and hers will be Ocean Drive Blue/Medium Slate.

My wife doesn't like large info screens so she elected to grab a 22 while she could in case the 23s have the larger screen.

Apparently, the Corsair balanced out last Wednesday but my dealer has access to a slot that could be modified (although my understanding is that window is very close to closing). Since the last production run is fast approaching, the turn around time should be quicker than we have been experiencing (plus, it is not a GT).

In any case, time will tell.

BTW my dealer did mention that potentially we may not be able to get the standard 20" wheels that come with the Sport Package due to shortages and the wheels may be substituted with the 19s. He'll have confirmation on that substitution soon (I'll let this forum know more about that when I hear back from him on it or when we get the window sticker).
That's great that you got your order in under the wire. Any ideas about when you can take delivery?

Sharbotcom

Apr 3, 2022
Sharbot Lake, Ontario
My Lincoln
2022 Corsair
That's great that you got your order in under the wire. Any ideas about when you can take delivery?
All they said was they expected it before Christmas because of the production switch over to the 23s.

Sharbotcom

Apr 3, 2022
Sharbot Lake, Ontario
My Lincoln
2022 Corsair
So, the system kicked out the 2.3 and wouldn't accept it to be processed. The system did however accept the changes to a GT. They must have wound down the supply of 2.3 engines in preparation for the '23 change over (no more 2.3s). My wife will get the GT in the colors she wanted and all of the options/packages except (surprise, surprise) the kick liftgate shows as deleted. I'm sure she'll like the GT over the Sport.

The dealer was scrambling today as the cutoff for the '22 changes was today and they needed us to make decision if we wanted to stick to a 22MY.

Sharbotcom

Apr 3, 2022
Sharbot Lake, Ontario
My Lincoln
2022 Corsair
So, the system kicked out the 2.3 and wouldn't accept it to be processed. The system did however accept the changes to a GT. They must have wound down the supply of 2.3 engines in preparation for the '23 change over (no more 2.3s). My wife will get the GT in the colors she wanted and all of the options/packages except (surprise, surprise) the kick liftgate shows as deleted. I'm sure she'll like the GT over the Sport.

The dealer was scrambling today as the cutoff for the '22 changes was today and they needed us to make decision if we wanted to stick to a 22MY.
We have a VIN and build week is showing as October 24th. (The last week of MY22 production)...talk about sliding in under the wire.

5DH

Sep 15, 2022
We have a VIN and build week is showing as October 24th. (The last week of MY22 production)...talk about sliding in under the wire.

Wow. I am guessing they won't even start *building* 2023s until 2023. It'll take weeks to switch over the assembly lines I'm sure.

bbf2530

Oct 12, 2011
Wow. I am guessing they won't even start *building* 2023s until 2023. It'll take weeks to switch over the assembly lines I'm sure.

Hi 5DH. Assembly lines are switched over in a matter of days. Sometimes as little as one day.

Good luck.

Arteest

Apr 17, 2022
Silver Spring, Maryland
My Lincoln
Now: 2016 Lincoln MKC | Delivered (refused): 2022 Lincoln Corsair GT | Ordered: 2023 Lincoln Corsair GT
For what it's worth... the dates for the switchover to 2023 Model Year Corsair lead times (order to delivery) 20-22 weeks.

Corsair and Corsair PHEV
  • 09/12/2022 — 2023 Model Year Order Bank Opens
  • 09/15/2022 — 2022 Model Year Last Day to Spec Change or Cancel
  • 10/20/2022 — 2023 Model Year Scheduling Begins
  • 11/23/2022 — 2022 Model Year Balance Out
  • 11/28/2022 — 2023 Model Year Start of Production

bbf2530

Oct 12, 2011
For what it's worth... the dates for the switchover to 2023 Model Year Corsair lead times (order to delivery) 20-22 weeks.

Corsair and Corsair PHEV
  • 09/12/2022 — 2023 Model Year Order Bank Opens
  • 09/15/2022 — 2022 Model Year Last Day to Spec Change or Cancel
  • 10/20/2022 — 2023 Model Year Scheduling Begins
  • 11/23/2022 — 2022 Model Year Balance Out
  • 11/28/2022 — 2023 Model Year Start of Production

Hi Arteest. Just to avoid confusion, the Opening of the "Order Bank" has no relation to 5DH's theory about when Production will begin.

New model year Order Banks always open up long before Production of the new model year actually begins.

Good luck.

bbf2530

Oct 12, 2011
Hi gang. Again, to avoid confusion about how long it actually takes to switch over a production line to a new model year, see the explanation and dates below.

In an unusual move (for normal times): Due to the pandemic shortages and delays, there will not even be a several day shutdown. The 2022 and 2023 model year Corsairs will actually be produced for several week at the same time.

For some basic information see here:

There will not even be a several day shutdown.

• 07/08/2022 - 2022MY Fleet Final Order Date (Corsair PHEV)
  • 08/19/2022 - 2022MY Fleet Final Order Date
  • 09/15/2022 - 2022MY Last Day to Spec Change
  • 11/23/2022 - 2022MY Balance Out Date

• 09/12/2022 - 2023MY Order Bank Open Date
  • 10/20/2022 - 2023MY Scheduling Begins
  • 11/01/2022 - 2023MY Job #1 Date
Good luck.

Arteest

Apr 17, 2022
Silver Spring, Maryland
My Lincoln
Now: 2016 Lincoln MKC | Delivered (refused): 2022 Lincoln Corsair GT | Ordered: 2023 Lincoln Corsair GT
Yup. On Monday (09/12/2023) I went to the Lincoln website and put my order together — for a 2023 Corsair GT. My local dealer then sent an acknowledgement email on Tuesday. The dealer is supposed to email the documents so I can e-sign them and pay the obligatory $500 deposit. Then I'll wait until January or February for delivery. The ICE 2023 Corsair production begins at the end of November. I'm not sure, but I guess GT production should begin sometime in December.

We'll see.

5DH

Sep 15, 2022
Yup. On Monday (09/12/2023) I went to the Lincoln website and put my order together — for a 2023 Corsair GT. My local dealer then sent an acknowledgement email on Tuesday. The dealer is supposed to email the documents so I can e-sign them and pay the obligatory $500 deposit. Then I'll wait until January or February for delivery. The ICE 2023 Corsair production begins at the end of November. I'm not sure, but I guess GT production should begin sometime in December.

We'll see.
I placed my order as well, and got a confirmation email from Lincoln. Although I signed a sheet with the dealer, I asked about a deposit and he said it “we are good without a deposit.” Is it at the dealers discretion to take a deposit? I wonder if because I am A-Plan they almost hope I refuse the car when it arrives so they can make more money!

bbf2530

Oct 12, 2011
I placed my order as well, and got a confirmation email from Lincoln. Although I signed a sheet with the dealer, I asked about a deposit and he said it “we are good without a deposit.” Is it at the dealers discretion to take a deposit? I wonder if because I am A-Plan they almost hope I refuse the car when it arrives so they can make more money!

Hi 5Dh. Yes, Taking a deposit or not is up to Dealer discretion.

Not exactly sure what you mean by the Dealer making more money. If you don't take the vehicle, it will be sold as a retail sale to another customer, and the Dealer will not get the X-Plan sale incentive back from Ford, unless the next customer also has an AXZD-Plan PIN.
Unless you mean they would be able to sell it to someone else for more MSRP or more? Eh...I guess it isn't important...lol

Either way, hope you get it quickly and good luck. 🍻

5DH

Sep 15, 2022
Hi 5Dh. Yes, Taking a deposit or not is up to Dealer discretion.

Not exactly sure what you mean by the Dealer making more money. If you don't take the vehicle, it will be sold as a retail sale to another customer, and the Dealer will not get the X-Plan sale incentive back from Ford, unless the next customer also has an AXZD-Plan PIN.
Unless you mean they would be able to sell it to someone else for more MSRP or more? Eh...I guess it isn't important...lol

Either way, hope you get it quickly and good luck. 🍻

I don't know details, but when I placed the order I asked the salesman how Ford makes them "whole" when they do an A-Plan deal. He said he gets compensated the same as an employee, "but it's not so great for the dealership." I suspect they just get less profit. You would think Ford/Lincoln pays them the difference from what they sell it for to what MSRP is, but my uneducated guess is that it's basically a "neutral" transaction for the dealer where they sell it to me at invoice and lower margin AZ plan deals are just part of being an authorized dealer.