Corsair lead time

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

LinkedMe

Jun 12, 2019
Illinois
My Lincoln
2016 MKX Reserve
My dealer did tell me a few vehicles are being delivered without features that customers ordered, all due to chip shortages. He's had several Navigators delivered without the "hands-free lift gate" as well as heated steering wheels or seats. Said Lincoln credited the customer rather than add it later. He said a few took it with the deletions but most canceled acceptance. The dealer also said once the customer declined accepting them they were sold that same day. The auto industry has certainly been turned on its head.
This is about the Aviator but it goes to my concern with not taking my '22 Corsair GT and waiting for a '23 instead. Some '22 models are being delivered with deletions and maybe the '23's won't even offer some features, standard or as an option. It's an unknown what's happening with future deliveries. https://fordauthority.com/2022/08/2...uction-update-may-ditch-subwoofers-amplifier/

Jmar

Aug 5, 2022
This is about the Aviator but it goes to my concern with not taking my '22 Corsair GT and waiting for a '23 instead. Some '22 models are being delivered with deletions and maybe the '23's won't even offer some features, standard or as an option. It's an unknown what's happening with future deliveries. https://fordauthority.com/2022/08/2...uction-update-may-ditch-subwoofers-amplifier/
A Lincoln salesman who has provided accurate information in the past said this week that, due to chip shortages, 2023s across the board will be shipped without certain features like the highly adjustable seats, park assist, heated steering wheel, etc. for the foreseeable future. The customer will be given credit at time of delivery. I guess I'll wait for the 2024s.

heywardjr

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Dec 22, 2021
Aldie, VA
My Lincoln
22 Corsair GT, Infinite Black, Black/Cashew interior, all the other bells and whistles except towing
Interesting. My BLEND date was 1/6/22 but I found out the actual BUILD date was the next day 1/7/22. I took another week to be build actually as I did not receive it until 1/26/22. There is quite a process to build these and test them. I heard it takes about 4-5 days to build this car. Then you add another week for train travel and another few days for truck depending on where you live and how many cars were shipped to your same dealer at the same time. My dealer told me my car arrived with 4 other Corsair Gas exactly like mine and they got other Lincoln models that had been ordered so it was a full truck to my dealer. He told me 5 other customers had tried to buy mine while it was being moved onto the lot as these Corsair GeTs are hot these days. Glad I got there with an hour of his call to come get it. Glad they know me and did not try to sell it to someone else. Helps to know the dealer. I've been going to Ted Britt Ford/Lincoln since the early 1990's. I was one of the oldest/longest running customers in their database I gather. Kind of scary when they tell you that. HA!

RedHoncho

Aug 20, 2021
Marysville, Ohio
Interesting. My BLEND date was 1/6/22 but I found out the actual BUILD date was the next day 1/7/22. I took another week to be build actually as I did not receive it until 1/26/22. There is quite a process to build these and test them. I heard it takes about 4-5 days to build this car. Then you add another week for train travel and another few days for truck depending on where you live and how many cars were shipped to your same dealer at the same time. My dealer told me my car arrived with 4 other Corsair Gas exactly like mine and they got other Lincoln models that had been ordered so it was a full truck to my dealer. He told me 5 other customers had tried to buy mine while it was being moved onto the lot as these Corsair GeTs are hot these days. Glad I got there with an hour of his call to come get it. Glad they know me and did not try to sell it to someone else. Helps to know the dealer. I've been going to Ted Britt Ford/Lincoln since the early 1990's. I was one of the oldest/longest running customers in their database I gather. Kind of scary when they tell you that. HA!
The blend date is when the factory schedules the parts for a vehicle. It isn't the build date. They have to have the parts available so your vehicle can be built. Factories stopped storing parts long ago as this was very cost ineffective.

Jasper933

Apr 10, 2022
My Lincoln
Delivery time. I received notification on 23 Aug, that my GT is built and shipped. ETA on delivery is the week of 11 - 17 Sept. I am about 350 miles from the Louisville plant and just curious if it takes almost 3 weeks for delivery.

timsvt

Jun 7, 2022
Delivery time. I received notification on 23 Aug, that my GT is built and shipped. ETA on delivery is the week of 11 - 17 Sept. I am about 350 miles from the Louisville plant and just curious if it takes almost 3 weeks for delivery.
The in transit time seems to be totally dependent on trucks/drivers available . It could take shorter, could take longer than your given estimate. That's a terrible answer, I know. An F-150 I ordered recently for our fleet took 19 days ( est 21) to do 800 miles from plant to dealer, while another truck took took about 30 days (est 21 days as well).

LinkedMe

Jun 12, 2019
Illinois
My Lincoln
2016 MKX Reserve
Curious, do you see a Monroney sticker on-line and if so are all the features you've ordered installed or have they deleted any? Anxiously awaiting my GT build scheduled for Sept. 19th and hoping for no deletions!
-----
Correction......I see your earlier post that the hands-free lift gate was deleted.

RedHoncho

Aug 20, 2021
Marysville, Ohio
The in transit time seems to be totally dependent on trucks/drivers available . It could take shorter, could take longer than your given estimate. That's a terrible answer, I know. An F-150 I ordered recently for our fleet took 19 days ( est 21) to do 800 miles from plant to dealer, while another truck took took about 30 days (est 21 days as well).
Delivery time is based upon distance. Anything beyond 250 miles is shipped via rail and not truck. Shipping via rail takes longer.

timsvt

Jun 7, 2022
Delivery time is based upon distance. Anything beyond 250 miles is shipped via rail and not truck. Shipping via rail takes longer.
He mentioned he was 350 miles away in the post, so I assumed he was not a convoy customer. I think he was asking how accurate Lincoln's estimate was.

1stLincoln2022

Aug 24, 2022
My Lincoln
GT2022
I received notice in July that my GT was scheduled for production the week of Sept 19. I just got an email today saying that there was a change in my production date and that it was now scheduled for August 29. I have been assuming that it might get pushed back and then I could possibly be able to switch to a 2023....anxious to get it, but still wondering if I should wait for the 23.

bbf2530

Oct 12, 2011
I received notice in July that my GT was scheduled for production the week of Sept 19. I just got an email today saying that there was a change in my production date and that it was now scheduled for August 29. I have been assuming that it might get pushed back and then I could possibly be able to switch to a 2023....anxious to get it, but still wondering if I should wait for the 23.

Hi 1stLincoln. My opinion: If you don't absolutely need or have to have a new vehicle right now, can accept the longer wait, and can accept the likely price increases, then wait and order a 2023.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

1stLincoln2022

Aug 24, 2022
My Lincoln
GT2022
Hi 1stLincoln. My opinion: If you don't absolutely need or have to have a new vehicle right now, can accept the longer wait, and can accept the likely price increases, then wait and order a 2023.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.
Thanks. I am wondering if anyone can share how long it took them to receive the car from production...I believe I have read it takes about 5 days for full production and I know delivery time can vary. I am just curious about how long I may have between the 23 order bank opening and seeing what new options or deleted options for that and this delivery. I appreciate any feedback. I am excited to get to actually see a GT since I ordered this one without even seeing one...they only had a reserve for me to test drive.

Jasper933

Apr 10, 2022
My Lincoln
If waiting for the 2023, how does this affect the tax rebate? Thought this this goes to the end of year.
I have spoken to my dealership about this and was informed that if ordering the 2023, may not receive until 1st Quarter of 2023. Also stated this will affect trade in amount.

bbf2530

Oct 12, 2011
If waiting for the 2023, how does this affect the tax rebate? Thought this this goes to the end of year.
I have spoken to my dealership about this and was informed that if ordering the 2023, may not receive until 1st Quarter of 2023. Also stated this will affect trade in amount.

Hi Jasper. Government EV rebate programs for 2023 are still not finalized, and the 2022 rebates can vary before the end of the year according to various factors. And yes, the longer you wait to trade, the lower the amount you will receive.

These factors are all part of the increased costs you may/will incur by waiting, along with possible vehicle price increases, lower manufacturer rebates on the 2023's (if any) etc. etc.

And there is no way to quantify them at this time, since they are all unknowns.

So if overall costs are an important factor in your purchase, take the 2022. If it does not, I would wait for the 2023. Again, just my opinion.

Also, concerning trade-in value: If you are factory ordering, you have time to sell your old vehicle privately and get far more for it, if money is important. Trading in a vehicle is a losing proposition.

Keep us updated and good luck.

timsvt

Jun 7, 2022
Hi Jasper. Government EV rebate programs for 2023 are still not finalized, and the 2022 rebates can vary before the end of the year according to various factors. And yes, the longer you wait to trade, the lower the amount you will receive.

These factors are all part of the increased costs you may/will incur by waiting, along with possible vehicle price increases, lower manufacturer rebates on the 2023's (if any) etc. etc.

And there is no way to quantify them at this time, since they are all unknowns.

So if overall costs are an important factor in your purchase, take the 2022. If it does not, I would wait for the 2023. Again, just my opinion.

Also, concerning trade-in value: If you are factory ordering, you have time to sell your old vehicle privately and get far more for it, if money is important. Trading in a vehicle is a losing proposition.

Keep us updated and good luck.
Selling private or trading in can both be a losing proposition depending on your case. If you get a trade in tax credit for your state ( which are in the majority) you can save a decent amount of money. You would have to make sure when you sell your vehicle privately you take that tax break into account. Trading in has worked in my favor roughly 60% of the time.

bbf2530

Oct 12, 2011
Selling private or trading in can both be a losing proposition depending on your case. If you get a trade in tax credit for your state ( which are in the majority) you can save a decent amount of money. You would have to make sure when you sell your vehicle privately you take that tax break into account. Trading in has worked in my favor roughly 60% of the time.

Hi Tim. Yes, everyone must take their own situation into account. As the owner of the local Ford Dealership (who was a business associate of my father many years also) told me those many years ago...and since it has been many many years, I paraphrase...
"I need to make a profit on a trade-in, and can not offer you what your car is really worth. No Dealership will. So here is what you should always do...Get the trade-in offer from the Dealership, then calculate in the sales tax hit, in order to obtain a private-party sale price profit worth it to you. Then try to sell your used car privately. If you can't sell it privately, you can still trade it in when your new car arrives."
So that is what I have done...to the benefit of anywhere from $1,000 to ~$3,900 over the course of about a dozen used cars sales, new car buys.

In my state, we also get sales tax break for the trade-in on the new vehicle purchase. Despite that sales tax break, over the years I have been able to privately sell every single one of my used vehicles privately for a minimum profit (including the sales tax hit) of ~$1,000 over the Dealership trade-in offer, and a maximum profit of ~$3,900 (including the sales tax hit) over the Dealership trade-in offer. So in my case, selling privately has worked in my favor 100% of the time.
So for about a maximum of 1 hour time (put for-sale signs on, give a few test drives) for any of my used vehicles, I made a minimum of $1,000, and up to ~$3,900 an hour by privately selling them.

Again, everyone faces a different life situation, so we all need to make our own choices as to what is best for us. Another factor on my side...I take very good care of my cars, which makes them very attractive to private buyers. In fact, attractive enough that every one of those private buyers was willing to give me a deposit, in order to have me remove the for-sale signs and hold my old car for them, until my new car arrived.

In addition, I have factory ordered every one of my new vehicles, so I had a minimum of ~8 weeks to find a private buyer. In my case, the private buyers were always obtained when the buyer saw the "For Sale" signs on my car and either stopped me or called me. That method will not work for everyone.

Selling privately is not for everyone. For example, it will not work for those who are buying a new car off the lot in a spur of the moment manner. Or in other cases, some people do not want to deal with strangers. It can sometimes be a hassle. And I can understand that, especially for single women etc.
However, for those who want to maximize their profit and minimize their costs, try to sell privately first.
Get the Dealership trade-in offer, then try to sell the used car privately, If we can get enough to make it worth it...great, sell it privately. If not, trade it in.

Hope that longer explanation makes some sense to people. Good luck.

Last edited:

timsvt

Jun 7, 2022
Hi Tim. Yes, everyone must take their own situation into account. As the owner of the local Ford Dealership, (who was a business associate of my father many years also) told me (also many years ago)...and since it has been many many years, I paraphrase...
"I need to make a profit on a trade-in, and can not offer you what your car is really worth. No Dealership will. So here is what you should always do...Get the trade-in offer from the Dealership, then calculate in the sales tax hit, in order to obtain a private-party sale price profit worth it to you. Then try to sell your used car privately. If you can't sell it privately, you can still trade it in when your new car arrives."
So that is what I have done...to the benefit of anywhere from $1,000 to ~$3,900 over the course of about a dozen used cars sales, new car buys.

In my state, we also get sales tax break for the trade-in on the new vehicle purchase. Despite that sales tax break, over the years I have been able to privately sell every single one of my used vehicles privately for a minimum profit (including the sales tax hit) of ~$1,000 over the Dealership trade-in offer, and a maximum profit of ~$3,900 (including the sales tax hit) over the Dealership trade-in offer. So in my case, selling privately has worked in my favor 100% of the time.
So for about a maximum of 1 hour time (put for-sale signs on, give a few test drives) for any of my used vehicles, I made a minimum of $1,000, and up to ~$3,900 an hour by privately selling them.

Again, everyone faces a different life situation, so we all need to make our own choices as to what is best for us. Another factor on my side...I take very good care of my cars, which makes them very attractive to private buyers. In fact, attractive enough that every one of those private buyers was willing to wait for my new car to arrive, place a deposit for me to remove the for-sale signs and hold my old car for them.

In addition, I have factory ordered every one of my new vehicles, so I had a minimum of ~8 weeks to find a private buyer. In my case, the private buyers were always obtained when the buyer saw the "For Sale" signs on my car and either stopped me or called me. That method will not work for everyone.

Selling privately is not for everyone. For example, it will not work for those who are buying a new car off the lot in a spur of the moment manner. Or in other cases, some people do not want to deal with strangers. It can sometimes be a hassle. And I can understand that, especially for single women etc.
However, for those who want to maximize their profit and minimize their costs, try to sell privately first.
Get the Dealership trade-in offer, then try to sell the used car privately, If we can get enough to make it worth it...great, sell it privately. If not, trade it in.

Hope that longer explanation makes some sense to people. Good luck.

Yes hah, dealing with potential tire kickers during a private sale is definitely a huge downside to the private sale option.

Here is yet another scenario for everyone. Most every dealer will do what is called a "Courtesy trade" This is you arranging a PRIVATE sale thru your dealer. In order words, your dealer will trade in your vehicle for the price you and your private sale buyer agrees to, in turn getting you the tax break on your new purchase , then immediately reselling it to the your private sale buyer. This is adventitious for both parties. The dealer is a greater resource for financing the vehicle ( if needed ) and potentially gets a 'spiff' from the bank for business, as well as the option for the buyer to negotiate and buy an extending warranty on said vehicle ( if wanted ) .

heywardjr

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Dec 22, 2021
Aldie, VA
My Lincoln
22 Corsair GT, Infinite Black, Black/Cashew interior, all the other bells and whistles except towing
I finally got my GT! I ordered on 2/17. 6 months from order to dealer.
Great news. Hope you enjoy it as much as I have. Really love the Corsair and everyone who sees it loves it.

Kbean72

Jun 18, 2022
My Lincoln
2022 Corsair
Ordered Corsair GT loaded with all the Tech options on 06/13/22
Received email on 08/25/22 for first Schedule for production date of 10/17/2022
On 08/30/22 was emailed that build date was pushed back till 10/24/2022

on the order tracking website option for 1662231098380.png shows Delete. after some poking around this seems the norm on other Lincoln platforms which was slowing production as the sensor was not available. I also found a Lincoln kit to install the sensor when they come available so not feeling too much a loss about this, and this is probably one option a don't feel too bad about loosing.