• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1998 Town Car" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1998 Town Car" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Town Car EATC Self test

Town

Ottawa Ontario Canada
2007 Lincoln TC Signature. Silver Birch Mettallic.

Can't get the damm thing to do any self test. Things on EATC that (do) work are as follows: speed,temperature,off-on,recirc,in/out temp,f/c,auto,digital display.... only thing that doesn't work is the changing of where air comes out. Is currently coming out of (only) floor outlets.heat and cold (do) work. Really hoping it's not a (pull the dash) job.....
You are likely not pressing "OFF and Floor" simultaneously. I have difficulty doing that too, be patient and try again and again.

Your symptoms suggest the mode doors that control the air direction through the vents. There are two actuators and the dash must be removed for access. Replace both while you are in there. The two temperature control actuators and the recirc actuator can be replaced without removing the dash.

Good luck.

Klincoln

Columbus Ohio
Well,still can't get it to do the self test. I went to my friends TC with my EATC unit and plugged it into his TC and it worked great,such as changing air directions,temps etc...also performed the self test very easily. Brought up a code on his car 2268 and I told him. Still will not self test on my TC............DAMMIT. I gettin Cornfuzed more by the minute.

Town

Ottawa Ontario Canada
Well,still can't get it to do the self test. I went to my friends TC with my EATC unit and plugged it into his TC and it worked great,such as changing air directions,temps etc...also performed the self test very easily. Brought up a code on his car 2268 and I told him. Still will not self test on my TC............DAMMIT. I gettin Cornfuzed more by the minute.
So you removed the EATC from both TC's and installed yours in your friend's TC and everything worked just like his EATC except for the 2268 code coming up which is a steering wheel switch issue, assuming similar year models. So your friend does not have faulty mode door actuators.

There are other conditions that apply before a self test will work, such as temperature where the exterior and interior temperatures must be between 40 and 90 F. I don't know if that is a factor in your case and not your friends case. Anyway the EATC does not appear to be at fault, so the mode door actuators are still the problem. I do not know why the self test is not working on your car since you got the same system to work on your friend's car. I presume you disconnected the battery before removing the EATC so perhaps after installing the EATC and connecting the battery it may clear itself?

Good luck.

MichaelP

US
None of the key sequences take me into the self test on my 2006 25th annaversary edition EATC control. Don't know why.

Any thoughts?

Town

Ottawa Ontario Canada
None of the key sequences take me into the self test on my 2006 25th annaversary edition EATC control. Don't know why.

Any thoughts?
As noted in post #21 above entering OFF and FLOOR at the same time is a challenge and their separation does not help and then the AUTO button within 2 seconds. It usually took me a few tries to get it right.

Good luck.

MichaelP

US
Thanks, Town. You were quite correct. Getting those two at the same moment is the trick. When we don't want to press too hard and hurt our car, we may not press fast enough at the same time.

A word to the wise; Pressing fast may be pressing a little harder.

Thanks again.

Hepativore

Hello, I am new to this forum, but I joined to find out the problem with my 2007 TC Signature. Since March of this year, I have been having a problem with the passenger and back vents being unresponsive to temperature settings. Sometimes they would get stuck on the heat if the heat was on, and then sometimes they would not blow warm air when the heat was on. Since April, they have failed completely and now I cannot get the heat to come out of the passenger side vents or back vents behind the armrest. As the temperatures drop with autumn, this is going to be a major problem.

I did the EATC self-test, and got a "2266", "1242" and "1264".

The 2266 is a Driver's side blend door failure, 1242 is a recirc door failure, and 1264 is a floor door failure. Does this mean that three of the five blend doors have failed simultaneously?

Finally, since I am new to this forum, where are the driver's-side, floor, and recirc door actuators located respectively?

Town

Ottawa Ontario Canada
Welcome to the Forum.

The door failures you have found are door actuator failures. The actuator is an electric motor of sorts that includes a positioning sensor. It is operated by the EATC to move the door to a desired position and its included sensor to report its position back to the EATC. The EATC has determined the actuator is not responding correctly.

The driver side blend door is located to the right of the OBD2 port behind the LCM (Lighting Control Module). It controls temperature for the rear passenger area vents as well as the driver side vents. Post #11 in this thread: Town Car HVAC blend door actuator replacement describes the both blend door locations and how to replace them.

The recirc door actuator is located behind the passenger glove box. Post #3 of this thread: Town Car HVAC recirc door actuator replacement describes the location and replacement procedure.

The floor door actuator is located behind the center of the dash and needs the dash to be removed for replacement. This thread: https://lincolnforums.com/forums/threads/town-car-dash-removal-for-actuator-replacement.11628/ will help you replace it. Since both the floor and panel/defrost actuators are side by side it is probably desirable to replace both at the same time. There are several points from members that are helpful.

Good luck.

mpack1988

Im having trouble with a 1994 Towncar stuck on heat. I did the EATC self test and the only code i got was 888 meaning no problems. Any ideas?

Town

Ottawa Ontario Canada
Im having trouble with a 1994 Towncar stuck on heat. I did the EATC self test and the only code i got was 888 meaning no problems. Any ideas?
Welcome to the Forum.

Since it is not an EATC self test issue perhaps make a new thread in the Town Car forum here. Let us know what you have observed such as temp changes when increasing temp and lowering temp and if the A/C tubes near firewall have any temp difference and if compressor is cycling.

Rapscallion

Town Car 2003 and up Self Test

......there is a way of resetting the DEATC and all the actuators in the event of a problem, this is the "cold boot process.
I've not seen mention, beyond the above, regarding performing the cold boot on the DEATC in this thread. Does the outlined procedure offer any benefits beyond an internal software error with the DEATC? I'm asking because I am curious if, during the calibration routine, previously reported component errors are ever resolved.

It would be nice not to have to remove the dash and column. I am able to perform the test and am receiving error 1264. I thought I might inquire before creating needless busywork for myself ;)

HTML