Carriage top, aka vinyl roof

Jaskim06

What year is yours? They don't make one for my 04.
Here you go. I found it and I'm learning this new tech at same time. See what you think. I found 699.00 on ebay but idk about that.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210407-212738_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210407-212738_Samsung Internet.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 7

Jaskim06

What year is yours? They don't make one for my 04.
A ebay seller has them factory style materials for 699.00 says elk on them. The other company has them for limos and it says elk too. Idk if that's the name of the company that supplies the material or its made from elk 🤣 but for that price of 499.00 like I said I'll stick to the flex seal. I've seen alot of fixed with convertible tops with it, not done like yours but fixing flexing points and works great. Sure beats 1500-2000. See what yall think. I read on another forum a fella was a dealer in the 90s and said if they was having trouble selling the 93 executive series car they'd put on a vinyl roof and it'd sell fast.

Jaskim06

I'm gonna try 99%. Hers why. I decided to go with black instead of clear. What do you think about black instead of that brown color?
I have a 3 inch roller and pan and tape to tape off everything. I got my sunroof kit ordered. Thinking it'd be way easier to take out sunroof paint the top then put back together but cure time says 24-48 hours, between coats. I got what you did the quart size 32oz.

jkeaton

Winston Salem, NC
I didn't tape anything, including the sunroof. I just took my time with a 3" roller and in some places used a brush.

Jaskim06

I didn't tape anything, including the sunroof. I just took my time with a 3" roller and in some places used a brush.
Great minds think alike. I got same size roller. I'm gonna try black instead of clear. I dont know how it will look. Hope good with Cashmere paint. It says 24 hours between coats did you wait that long?

Jaskim06

I waited a few days.
Okay thank you. I put some black on a piece of cardboard and taped that to the top to see what it'd look like. I really think it's gonna look great. With the wind at 15mph blowing tree buds, flower petals and random organic spring time things I'm gonna wait to put my first coat on. It did dry very quick. 4 hours and I dint leave any on my finger from really touching it. I'll post some pics when I'm done. Thank you so much for all your wisdom with this issue. You've been a big help jkeaton!!

Jaskim06

Okay thank you. I put some black on a piece of cardboard and taped that to the top to see what it'd look like. I really think it's gonna look great. With the wind at 15mph blowing tree buds, flower petals and random organic spring time things I'm gonna wait to put my first coat on. It did dry very quick. 4 hours and I dint leave any on my finger from really touching it. I'll post some pics when I'm done. Thank you so much for all your wisdom with this issue. You've been a big help jkeaton!!
Did you have time to check on that site I gave you for your top? They seem to have really good tops. Very good quality and finish. I didnt realize they made so many color options. But for $499 I'd switch colors. $500 installed yourself is a third or 4th of what you and I was quoted for top replacement. I tried to find out where this guy got his tops but he didn't lie so much as double talk saying it depends on the car and year he gets them various places, depending on if customer wants factory style or not. Assuming he gets them from that site or one like it he makes a grand or more for just putting it on. It's just screwed on and you have to take some inside trim pieces off to access them and seal around the door pieces with silicone.

jkeaton

Winston Salem, NC
Did you have time to check on that site I gave you for your top? They seem to have really good tops. Very good quality and finish. I didnt realize they made so many color options. But for $499 I'd switch colors. $500 installed yourself is a third or 4th of what you and I was quoted for top replacement. I tried to find out where this guy got his tops but he didn't lie so much as double talk saying it depends on the car and year he gets them various places, depending on if customer wants factory style or not. Assuming he gets them from that site or one like it he makes a grand or more for just putting it on. It's just screwed on and you have to take some inside trim pieces off to access them and seal around the door pieces with silicone.
No! It's frustrating because I enter my vehicle info and it says no products found!

1618254737126.png

Jaskim06

No! It's frustrating because I enter my vehicle info and it says no products found!

View attachment 10146
I did same thing and was like wtf you say you have it but when I enter 07 town car designer it says same. I had to do what I told you in earlier post and found it. The other one I found is on ebay. They have for 07 idk about any earlier. My 99 Cartier has a half top. I'm going to do the flexseal if the wind can ever die down below 5mph and not be blowing all the crap from the surrounding trees, shrubs and cut grass. I'd be very upset to paint it and then have all this trash in it. Thanks to you I'll just do both with flex and when time comes get a new top. Hope this helps.