Carriage top, aka vinyl roof

Jaskim06

What year is yours? They don't make one for my 04.
A ebay seller has them factory style materials for 699.00 says elk on them. The other company has them for limos and it says elk too. Idk if that's the name of the company that supplies the material or its made from elk 🤣 but for that price of 499.00 like I said I'll stick to the flex seal. I've seen alot of fixed with convertible tops with it, not done like yours but fixing flexing points and works great. Sure beats 1500-2000. See what yall think. I read on another forum a fella was a dealer in the 90s and said if they was having trouble selling the 93 executive series car they'd put on a vinyl roof and it'd sell fast.

Jaskim06

I'm gonna try 99%. Hers why. I decided to go with black instead of clear. What do you think about black instead of that brown color?
I have a 3 inch roller and pan and tape to tape off everything. I got my sunroof kit ordered. Thinking it'd be way easier to take out sunroof paint the top then put back together but cure time says 24-48 hours, between coats. I got what you did the quart size 32oz.

Jaskim06

I didn't tape anything, including the sunroof. I just took my time with a 3" roller and in some places used a brush.
Great minds think alike. I got same size roller. I'm gonna try black instead of clear. I dont know how it will look. Hope good with Cashmere paint. It says 24 hours between coats did you wait that long?

Jaskim06

I waited a few days.
Okay thank you. I put some black on a piece of cardboard and taped that to the top to see what it'd look like. I really think it's gonna look great. With the wind at 15mph blowing tree buds, flower petals and random organic spring time things I'm gonna wait to put my first coat on. It did dry very quick. 4 hours and I dint leave any on my finger from really touching it. I'll post some pics when I'm done. Thank you so much for all your wisdom with this issue. You've been a big help jkeaton!!