Zephyr Perfomance Options

Thread starter #41

SilverFox

FEELER: Anyone intrested in Tubular K-members SPECIFIC for AIR RIDE?

For the representation I used FOX K specs, and don\'t know the exact K specs he is calculating at this time.

Thread starter #42

SilverFox

I got a diagram speced out for the local stamp house for the spring perches.
Right now I am just using the air ride spring perch cut off the factory K welded to a special stamped unit that will bolt on with the K.

I am getting a quote for the whole peice for use with aftermarket K members.

This is part of PLAN B, were if I find satisfactory specs from makers of Tubulars, we Lincoln guys can just purchase them without spring perches and then you can just run one of my special bolt on perches. CHEAP I hope...for god sakes you guys won\'t buy them :)

Thread starter #43

SilverFox

Well, it seems all the fabiricators I have talked to could give a shit less...started out as nice folks the few of them, only to turn and say they are too busy.

Out in the cold again we are.
SO on to plan B
Find the narrowest Fox/SN95 K that is sold off the shelf and air ride that bitch with my new spring perches.

...another one bites the dust...as if you had any hopes anyway...pisses me off really, but was is a guy to do.

You would think HEY, build me a K that is 2\" narrow than the spec you have now...but no, that must involve rotating the world backwords or some shit.

Same old story. Wave enough money and they would jump. No one is interested in making 3-5 of something. I don\'t blame them. If I hit the lottery, I would probably take the loss and contract the manufacture of some custom parts. My side business could then be selling stuff for the VII and losing money. I like it; it\'s just crazy enough it might work.

Thread starter #45

imported_BOBS 84MK7

again...thanks for running with the ball on this one...

What don\'t kill ya only makes you stronger!{ or insane enought not to care anymore!}

Thread starter #46

SilverFox

Oh well, don\'t give up on me.
I WILL HAVE A TUBULAR FOR AIR RIDE no matter what.
As of right now if I use the fox K from one unmentioned builder it would push my wheels out 5/8\" on both sides. I MIGHT HAVE TO LIVE WITH IT, or find a way to solve it.

An option the Tbird guys do is swap to Fox control arms (Shorter). However we all know what might happen after that - trying to keep air ride here.

Thread starter #47

SilverFox

THE THREAD GOES ON.

Okay gents, I did some hard core math work and here is the results a the Team Z Fox/SN95 Tubular into a MarkVII. USing the accual meassures from my 92 M7 K vs the TeamZ specs provided by corral members (double checked as well) This is what I have.

1) Bolt in - 90% sure. The possibility of angle differances in the subframes has been noted by some Tbird guys, but all the Tbird guys mentioned they zero issues by just slightly tweaking the rear mount which was easily done by just tightenging the bolt and forming the rear mount to angle slightly. As I said, they all mentioned zero issues.
2) A-arm will be pushed out .525\" per side. WHy use stock spindles....so add the SN95 width of .12\" wider spindle = total push .645\"
3) A-arm will pull to the rear of the fender by .635\"

How are dem apples.
SOunds all fine and dandy to me.

THE CUSTOM THREAD GOES ON

THere is a local builder who has been building tubulars for mustangs for a few years, not a big shop, and I have a message into him about a custome unit based on the exact geometry of the M7 (same old story right) well, it is at least one more chance.

COMMING CLEAN
I started this thread with TeamZ as the fabricator in question. Dave was the only fabricator that had the initiative to accualy reply to this request out of:
PA - no response via email
D&D - no response via email
QA1 - called me back, gave up on worrying about me and decided to not release any spec info
UPR - not contacted
AJE - not contacted, out of price range.

These are the ONLY tubular K folks that I could find that built K\'s specific for factory A arms

SO there you have it.
THe rest of the thread will go from here.
IF THERE IS NO RESPONSE FROM my local fabricator, then I will be purchasing a Team Z K. My choice of his component is due to the quality I have seen and heard about, and several of my transmission customers use his parts with nothing but good things to say.

Stay away from QA1, was the #1 response from my research.

Thread starter #48

SilverFox

Talked to fabricator last night.
Dropping my M7 K off to him this weekend with a-arms.
He said he would build tubular arms as well and that there is NOTHING he can not do or has done - we will see this weekend.
He said if the meassures are not that bad, he won\'t charge over the standard $300 for fox K. But MAYBE if there is more involved I can call on you 3 that PM\'ed me.

I told him if could weld spring perches on, or make them seperate, I could care less. And he will look into the sensor mounts as well.

Thread starter #49

bojo68

Having done more than a little fabricating myself, the\"He said he would build tubular arms as well and that there is NOTHING he can not do or has done\" sounds like the kind of attitude I\'d want to deal with.
I\'m betting a used doughnut hole this guy comes through...:)
You guys think Markvii k\'s are ugly, ya ought to see a markviii one....:(

Thread starter #51

chestnut101

[quote name=\'SilverFox\']Talked to fabricator last night.
Dropping my M7 K off to him this weekend with a-arms.
He said he would build tubular arms as well and that there is NOTHING he can not do or has done - we will see this weekend.
He said if the meassures are not that bad, he won\'t charge over the standard $300 for fox K. But MAYBE if there is more involved I can call on you 3 that PM\'ed me.

I told him if could weld spring perches on, or make them seperate, I could care less. And he will look into the sensor mounts as well.

thanks for keeping in this quest. eventually i will need 2 sets of these i just have to keep selling my blood to pay for it!:crossed:

Thread starter #52

SilverFox

kmember dropped off, and I saw some of his work...wow...!

Where are you with this? Did the builder come through?
I have a tubular K and tubular A arms (no spring perch). How much for a pair of upper and lower air ride perches?

Thanks

Thread starter #54

SilverFox

Tell us about the K member.

I am rather upset to say the builder has my stock K, and has not returned like 7 of my phone calls and 2 emails....I went around him though some of his freinds and they said his construction business is boomed and his mother in law died last week, making fab work not priority.

So the verdict.....stick, around, I will have some updates on Monday, promise!
The bay is painted, the suspension is powdercoated - pics in the DarkVII thread on monday.

It\'s a Fox K with Fox tubular arms. Unknow brand. I was just going to use a plasma cutter on the factory K and trim out the parts I need (upper and lower spring perches) then mount them to the new K. I would rather have some bolt on pieces, in case I go a different direction in the future (very liklely, since I suffer from \"Automotive ADD:hyper: )

Thanks - keep us/me posted,

I just installed a K&N high performance air filter in my Zephyr. Picked it up from AutoZone for roughly $50. Totally makes a difference, especially with the A/C off! Gave me an extra 5-10HP which doesn't sound like a lot, but it truly did improve performance. Basically, it allows more air to flow into the engine, resulting in higher RPMs

I was buying a Lincoln at recent and I expected to see quality under the hood which will give me full satisfaction but I also expected quality in the cabin.
I am disappointed with the inferior quality!

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

HTML