With what I should replace my factory radio Towncar president 2007

Now I want to replace the original (still working) with a In-Dash GPS Navigation any advice on which one to choose? I am wondering if I should keep it original but if I drive from Savannah to Vero Beach its nice to have the modern gadgets. What I need is some advice.
which one to choose there is such a wide range of after market options. Who has experience with it

Tanks in advance and as always stay safe

Last edited:

CWHusker

Yours, if I recall correctly, has a THX sound system which will require you run new wire to each of the 9 speakers. At least that's what Crutchfield says because I remember being thankful that my 07 didn't have the THX system. You may want to look into installing a new stereo in your specific car before deciding to go that route.

That said, I went with the Alpine iLX-W650 and have been happy with it. I didn't have the need for something that played CD's or had built in navigation since I had been using Android Auto on my phone in a previous car and liked it just fine.

04TC

Tampa, FL
Like @CWHusker says Crutchfield.com is a good site to find aftermarket radios compatible with your car. I ended up buying from Amazon because of price, but I always check Crutchfield also because they have good compatibility information and their deals are not bad. Plus Crutchfield tells you what installation gear you need for the specific car and head unit.

CWHusker

I misread your original post as saying you have factory navigation. I just realized that when looking at the interior pictures is another post of yours. Your install would be super easy and will accommodate a wide variety of head units. Again, I like my Alpine and have been somewhat partial to the brand over the years. How I typically do it is go to Crutchfield to see what works in the car, narrow it down to a few units I like the features and price of then research them individually for reviews. I will say the shallow install of the iLX-W650 that I have made installation a lot easier. Obviously, that only matters to you if you plan on doing the install yourself.

HTML