Wireless phone charger works intermittently with iPhone 12 and 11

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

SSauer3

I bought a 2020 navigator a few days ago. I have an iPhone 12 that I like to charge using the wireless charger. The charging works for a few minutes and then I get a message saying it stopped. It again resumes after about 10 seconds. This cycle repeats itself every minute or so.

I have tried this with iPhone 11 as well as 12.

Any suggestions???
I’ve figured it out! You don’t know how excited I was. Put a pen down in the pocket where your phone sits so it’s propped up a little taller. Never once did it stop charging after I did that. Also this worked for my 12 pro, not max. If you have a max a pen may be a little to thick for your phone. Hopefully this works as well for everyone as it did for me.

Vics 2021 Navigator L

SUPPORTING MEMBER
South Holland
I just recently traded in my 2020 black label for a 2021 black label l and my iPhone 12 Pro Max fits perfectly and it charges perfectly my old one would constantly come up with a message that it was not charging I’m not sure what they changed but the 2021 is flawless!

SSauer3

I just recently traded in my 2020 black label for a 2021 black label l and my iPhone 12 Pro Max fits perfectly and it charges perfectly my old one would constantly come up with a message that it was not charging I’m not sure what they changed but the 2021 is flawless!
I have 2021 and mine still does not work properly with my 12. I tried my daughters 13 yesterday and it worked a lot better than mine, so clearly this is on Lincoln.

RedHoncho

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Marysville, Ohio
My 2019 Lincoln Nautilus had this issue with both my iPhone X and iPhone 12 Pro. I tried everything I could think of including taking off the case to placing the phone pointing toward me on the charge pad. Nothing worked. I was told by the Lincoln Concierge the Qi pad didn't have enough power to charge the phone wirelessly. I'm not certain if this information was correct.

I have since purchased an iPhone 13 Max Pro and a 2021 Lincoln Corsair. The wireless charging works perfectly even with the Magsafe case on the phone.

dschuffert

SUPPORTING MEMBER
I have a 12Max Pro in a dbrand.com case. I have a 2021 Reserve L and do not have any issues with wireless charging in the truck. I did notice that if the phone sites closer to the rear of the compartment as opposed to the front, I get the stopping and resuming messages. If I make sure the top of the phone is pushed to the front of the compartment that everything works fine. I am guessing that case I am using(purely by coincidence) is giving me the lift some people are talking about to get the phone's charging coil at the proper height.

Mark-P

I have rhe same problem with my 21 navigator L and my iPhone 12 pro.

Charges my 8 and 11 pro fine. Keeps cutting out on the 12 pro.

I think if i took my leather case off it would work. I have issues charging my 12 pro with my house wireless chargers as well. Maybe i will try a pen in the bottom.

I really think it is an apple 12 problem.