• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1998 Town Car" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1998 Town Car" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

wire harness

KY Jim

Help! Need Hydroboost MC plunger rod and spring assy.

Got all the new Hydroboost parts to rip out ABS. Master cylinder DOES NOT come with the rod,spring, and cup that goes between the booster and the MC to actuate the MC. Where can I get one? There ARE NO MK VII\'s AT ALL in the junkyards in East Kentucky. Not with Hydroboost, anyway. ZERO luck at Dealer, Advance, and AZ. Let me guess, I\'ll have to take the one on MY car apart, and use my rod for a template to MAKE one. Help?
KY Jim

HTRDLNCN

I have one of the later electric ones, that help any?

Lux

[quote name=\'KY Jim\']Got all the new Hydroboost parts to rip out ABS. Master cylinder DOES NOT come with the rod,spring, and cup that goes between the booster and the MC to actuate the MC. Where can I get one? There ARE NO MK VII\'s AT ALL in the junkyards in East Kentucky. Not with Hydroboost, anyway. ZERO luck at Dealer, Advance, and AZ. Let me guess, I\'ll have to take the one on MY car apart, and use my rod for a template to MAKE one. Help?
KY Jim[/QUOTE]

Jim, are you using hydroboost setup or a powerbrake booster w/ svo cylinder? Hydroboost has powersteering lines and shit running off the MC doesnt it?

KY Jim

I ordered all the exact parts that my 84 has the hydroboost booster, the matching MC, and the lines, as well as the matching powersteering pump for the Handling Package, which the LSC has, of course. I have everything EXCEPT the actuator rod and spring assembly that goes inside the booster and works the MC. It seems to be Unobtainium. When you press the pedal, it pushes the actuator rod on the BOOSTER, and a cylinder in the booster transfers the motion to the MC actuator rod, applying the brakes. I cannot find this MC actuator rod or plunger assembly ANYWHERE. There is no electrical power of any kind involved in this setup. As always, I\'m All Dressed Up with No Place To Go.
KY Jim

KY Jim

Hey, guys! Anybody got any ideas?\" I REALLY need this part ASAP. my right calf is growing in size and making me walk in circles!
KY Jim
P.S. It\'s found on 84 MKVII\'s with hydroboost brakes, probably all MKVII\'s with Hydroboost brakes. Also need a prop valve. No biggie on the prop valve, can use Wilwood.

HTML