• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1998 Town Car" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1998 Town Car" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Wipers not functioning properly

Kkkaiser

Hi,,, i have a 76 pucci,, mk 4. wipers when turned on, only go up about 3 inches and then the motor just continues to push them up and back that 3 inch spread. the motor looks like its brand new,, so i took off the motor, hooked it up again and the motor spins the arm in circular fashion with no problem, but from a newer lincoln you tube video,, when you turn it off, it should set itself back to a parked position,, mine just stops where it is, doest reset,

i took the undid the spindle on the driver side, worked the arms, and they seem free to move if you push an pull them. so i tried to get a good guess of where they stood at the down position on the window, and then tried to line the motor spindle up by turning it on and off till i could retook the tow back in the down position. when i did,, same thing happened, it just doesnt seem to want to push all the way, like its in a bind and just wont push the wipers up,,

i tried cleaning up around the motor spindle, and got that flat rubber piece where it looks like it should moved. the above referenced you tube on a newer linclol showed a similar action,, but different motor.. so I'm at a pinch point,, what do i do next,, the service manual doesnt really give a description of how to reset that thing,,

i would really appreciate and thoughts or processes on how to get this back going,, i know just as a preliminary search, these motors are hard as hell to find, and the CORDONe remans have terrible reviews, if you can find one on multiple sites,,,

so, i guess #1 any ideas how to get this reset
# 2 any where to get a rebuilt or new one,, I'm new to the lincol world and dont know the lincoln ford specific parts sites...

thanks in advance

HTML