windshield wiper issues

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

crewzr

First time poster, long time lurker after purchasing a corsair in July of 2020. Rarely used wipers chattered when in use so i assummed they needed to be replaced due to age rather than use. Replaced with rain x brand with no change in chatter. anyone else have same expeience?c

crewzr

thanx. i'll give that a shot. I guess doing inside and out might be overkill but i do sneeze a lot in the spring...

tgara

Might want to try some cleaning clay on the windshield. It's amazing how much gunk clay removes from the paint and the glass. When I do my glass, the windshield wipers always work better.

HotrodLinkin

Might want to try some cleaning clay on the windshield. It's amazing how much gunk clay removes from the paint and the glass. When I do my glass, the windshield wipers always work better.
Yup, anything to reduce the coefficient of friction. In fact, Rainex will allow you to drive in a storm without wipers. It is a cool effect to see the rain drops sliding off on their own.

easyrider

First time poster, long time lurker after purchasing a corsair in July of 2020. Rarely used wipers chattered when in use so i assummed they needed to be replaced due to age rather than use. Replaced with rain x brand with no change in chatter. anyone else have same expeience?c
Yes, I too have also found that to be an issue. It may go away over time, but probably not. You say you have the 2020 model year, I have tried many of the things suggested here and while it has improved to some degree, the wiper blades still don't move smoothly.
I bought this vehicle for my wife, and all I hear is grief from her about one thing or another.
I probably should have kept my big mouth shut, and have her simply buy another KIA Sorrento. I don't remember her mentioning anything over the 41/2 yrs of ownership.

I'm thinking maybe FORD/LINCOLN should hire more foreign-born engineers. : )

HotrodLinkin

Agreed, but it does last for quite a while and applying it to the windshield is a snap. There are other products, like ceramic coatings, but if you're not a 'back yard mechanic' you should leave it to the pros.

HotrodLinkin

Good, does it sound like metal grinding? Could be inside the wiper motor.... Maybe factory caused it during build. Keep us informed on this one, we all could benefit from what you find out.😎

bigblue2007

Boston, MA
Well just came back from the dealer and they have ordered a new motor for the windshield wipers. When they took the cowl off they could see the motor was causing the issue. I will report back after the repair.

LDJ

I have a 2020 Corsair. I had my car looked at twice by Lincoln dealer service for loud windsheild wipers. First time they claimed it was fixed by putting in new wiper blades on a 6 month old car. The noise was present from the day I drove it off the lot. I finally has the service check in person sit in the car in the rain. Finally they ordered a new windshield wiper MOTOR. We’ll see if the problem has really been resolved the next time it rains. We are in severe drought so it hasn’t rained much here.

Yes, I too have also found that to be an issue. It may go away over time, but probably not. You say you have the 2020 model year, I have tried many of the things suggested here and while it has improved to some degree, the wiper blades still don't move smoothly.
I bought this vehicle for my wife, and all I hear is grief from her about one thing or another.
I probably should have kept my big mouth shut, and have her simply buy another KIA Sorrento. I don't remember her mentioning anything over the 41/2 yrs of ownership.

I'm thinking maybe FORD/LINCOLN should hire more foreign-born engineers. : )
The Big 3 could learn alot from foreign manufactures. I used to be a bleed blue GM driver. Bought a 2007 Toyota Camry when they redesigned, then 2016 Outback on their 2nd yr of redesign. Loved both of these vehicles and their service depts. Not a spec of issues! Never had a Ford or Chrysler prod. Swore I wouldn't buy a Big 3. Ate my words! ha ha Absolutely, fell in love with the Lincoln Corsair, their vehicle design and options are awesome. I have a 2021 Reserve 2.3L T 7500miles and so far not disappointed. Hope I won't be. Go for my first maintenance today.