Windshield replacement

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

Thequietman

2019 nautilus windshield replacement and now it has horrific wind noise. The windshield has the Lincoln emblem on it and it was installed by pros but ??? I'm taking it back to them on Friday but is there anyone who has had their windshield replaced who has some additional thoughts?

bbf2530

2019 nautilus windshield replacement and now it has horrific wind noise. The windshield has the Lincoln emblem on it and it was installed by pros but ??? I'm taking it back to them on Friday but is there anyone who has had their windshield replaced who has some additional thoughts?

Hi Tqm. The replacement windshield was not installed and/or sealed properly. The company/pros that installed it should reinstall and seal it properly.

We always hope a job will be performed properly the first time, but things sometimes happen.

Keep us updated and good luck.

Thequietman

Hi Tqm. The replacement windshield was not installed and/or sealed properly. The company/pros that installed it should reinstall and seal it properly.

We always hope a job will be performed properly the first time, but things sometimes happen.

Keep us updated and good luck.
OK I will...thanks

rbird2

Check to see if they installed a "acoustic soundscreen windshield" in your vehicle when they replaced it. If not, this could be your problem.

This webpage will show you what to look for:

More information:

bbf2530

Hi Tqm. the "AS-1" may stand for "Acoustic Soundscreen" , but it is difficult to know. You could try Googling the company name and numbers in the photo

Or, I would recommend you ask the company that installed the windshield. I state that because it would still seem your windshield was not installed and/or sealed properly. Not having an "Acoustic Soundscreen" windshield may increase wind noise a bit. However, it would not cause the "horrific wind noise" that you described in your original post.

Either way, you need to straighten this out with the glass installation company.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

rbird2

I do not know anything about Pilkington glass.

From The Ford Brand of GlassThe Ford Brand of Glass:
Replacement parts should equal the originals, yet many don’t. Carlite, or Ford brand, parts do! Make sure to ask for Carlite replacement glass – the only brand recommended by Ford Motor Company for replacement in your Ford or Lincoln vehicle – or you may receive a substandard knock-off that doesn’t fit exactly right and or perform as it should. OE replacements, when properly installed and calibrated/reset with vehicle systems, will perform the way it was designed.

The Ford/Lincoln OEM Windshields will have the word "SoundScreen" on the windshield.

rbird2

Hi Tqm. the "AS-1" may stand for "Acoustic Soundscreen" , but it is difficult to know. You could try Googling the company name and numbers in the photo

Or, I would recommend you ask the company that installed the windshield. I state that because it would still seem your windshield was not installed and/or sealed properly. Not having an "Acoustic Soundscreen" windshield may increase wind noise a bit. However, it would not cause the "horrific wind noise" that you described in your original post.

Either way, you need to straighten this out with the glass installation company.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.
AS1 – means the glass is laminated, and the glass passes all safety tests.

Thequietman

Yeah I looked them up and it is acoustic as well as meets all required specs. I appreciate the info. I've built Broncos and Mustangs most of my life and currently drive a 427 powered 1995 Bronco that I built in 2108. I've had the Bronco since 2000..... but the bride loved this car so she bought it. Guess I shoulda looked at it a little closer.

bbf2530

Yeah I looked them up and it is acoustic as well as meets all required specs. I appreciate the info. I've built Broncos and Mustangs most of my life and currently drive a 427 powered 1995 Bronco that I built in 2108. I've had the Bronco since 2000..... but the bride loved this car so she bought it. Guess I shoulda looked at it a little closer.

Hi Tqm. Yes, according to the "Pilkington" website, their EZ-Kool Ultra model is acoustic glass: Clear Advantage

However, in the future, I would take the advice of rbird2 and be sure to get "Carlite" replacement glass.

Good luck.