Window trim

brewmeister

I just noticed that the 2003 TC Cartier I got delivered two days ago has stained (dark spots) stainless steel trim around the windows. Has anyone seen this before and what's the best fix?
It looks like stainless steel. Is it? Or is it chrome? Can I mask it off and use a metal polish on it.

Thanks in advance.

Ballyhoo

A product called Blue Magic. Found in the wax/polish section of any auto parts store, in a small round plastic bottle with a stand out blue lid. Apply and let sit for a few minutes, longer if need be. Also removes those hideous swirl marks with very little effort. Best polish I've found for chrome/aluminum. To give you an idea, it removes the bluing from motorcycle exhaust pipes.

brewmeister

A product called Blue Magic. Found in the wax/polish section of any auto parts store, in a small round plastic bottle with a stand out blue lid. Apply and let sit for a few minutes, longer if need be. Also removes those hideous swirl marks with very little effort. Best polish I've found for chrome/aluminum. To give you an idea, it removes the bluing from motorcycle exhaust pipes.
Wow! Thanks for the tip. I did some research and ordered so Mother's Mag and Aluminum Polish. If that doesn't work, I'll definitely try your suggestion.
Thanks.

Norms1stTC

Yes, use this on my Rinehart exhaust on the Ultra Classic , great stuff

Fschneiderjr48

I just noticed that the 2003 TC Cartier I got delivered two days ago has stained (dark spots) stainless steel trim around the windows. Has anyone seen this before and what's the best fix?
It looks like stainless steel. Is it? Or is it chrome? Can I mask it off and use a metal polish on it.

Thanks in advance.
I would do that. I use Griots Garage products you can ask them too
fschneiderjr