Wind noise

Harvey

My 2005 town car has wind noise that seems to be coming from both front doors. the doors shut easy and seem tight. I have seen video's on putting a flex tube inside the door seals. has anybody tried this or is there a better way to fix the wind noise

wolf_walker

Mine are hugely noisy on my 04. Little from the windscreen seal area, but mostly the giatantic side mirrors.
They are nice to have, ones on my 90 were tiiiny. Shame they didn't monkey around in the wind tunnel a little
longer with the late ones. The door seals are pretty well designed all in all near as I can tell, they remind me of how
the fiat/lancia/alfa/saab type 4 platform did them in the 80's.

Harvey

Thanks everybody for the input. I did have an 06 that got totaled before the 05 and don't recall that much wind noise with the 06. I am going investigate more and will report back. Thanks again

wolf_walker

Different people have differing sensitivity to certain noise frequencies, some of them I'm almost deaf in.
There's also the road noise bit and driving speed, local wind, etc.

Out here in the flatlands with constant
wind it's very noticable, on any car, as is the amount of wind induced pulling that a car has. Ole TC feels like the Mayflower
with a gusting 30mph cross while running 75 on the interstate and buffeting wind noise is ever present.
Same with most cars. Every now and then I happen to go somewhere with reasonably smooth tarmac and
the weather is cooperating and she's magically a Town Car again for a short period of time.

HTML