White Walls

Griswald

Anyone have white walls on their TC?
They look great on Town Cars.
I'm looking for some for my 2010,
so that would be 225/60R/17

just seeing if anyone has a particular brand they recommend.
I like these which seem to be the correct size

1620056519352.png

bbf2530

Hi Griswald. The last time I purchased whitewalls was ~2005, for my fathers 1990 Town Car (which I inherited from him in 1991). They were Michelin.

Not sure if they still manufacture them now.

If you Google "Lincoln Town Car white walls", you will get some information.

I would also recommend calling your local tire stores (Goodyear. Firestone, Mavis, ETD etc.) and asking if they have white wall tires available. Or call The Tire Rack (1-888-541-1777) and ask them.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

Last edited:

dave42

Leander, TX C.K.U.
As a result of everyone asking about and looking for whitewalls over the last few years, I would summarize it like this: they may be available for older TC's with smaller tires, but for the 17" your choices are the Chinese Travelstar (got mine through Pep Boys), period. The Vogue with yellow stripe in the picture are available, but pricey. And you can have Diamondback put a white stripe on any tire of your choice, but also pricey. If you find any Michelens (or other brand) they will probably be old.

Griswald

I am going to ask my tire guy.
Vogue doesn't make that size form what I can tell from their website.
I'm thinking maybe just getting some inserts since I dont need new tires just yet

jkeaton

Winston Salem, NC
I am going to ask my tire guy.
Vogue doesn't make that size form what I can tell from their website.
I'm thinking maybe just getting some inserts since I dont need new tires just yet

those look interesting.

Ballyhoo

Look alright on a white Town Car, not sure on other colors. Which isn't to say I don't like white wall tires, only that they're not for every vehicle. Like on my 1998 charcoal green.

Griswald

I cant really find any decent tires that are white walls in a 17" rim.
I certainly don't want to change the rims, so I will explore the porta wall inserts.
Seems like that's what most people are doing if they want the white wall look.
Install on youtube didnt look too complicated, and theyre not too expensive.

Towncarlimoguy

I bought a set of Travelstar for my 01 off Ebay .They're an ok tire I guess. Now I'm looking for a set for my 05. WHITEWALLS belong on Lincoln Town Car's. As mentioned ,not much choice out there these days which is a complete 180 from the 70's and 80's.lol . Another guy on here has Goodyear whitewalls on his. I forgot the name of them though. The Michelin black walls on the car now are some good, smooth tires but there is nothing like the looks of a whitewall on a Towncar!!