Where can I get a radiator drain plug for a 2012 Lincoln MKZ?

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

bighank

Ford does not sell a $5 drain plug for a 2012 MKZ. Instead they want you to buy a new radiator. RIDICULOUS!!!
Has anyone found a replacement which I can get at an auto store or fleebay that will work. Only other option is to find the right radiator in a junk yard. Ford parts dealer said the same radiator is in a MKZ, Fusion, or Milan from 2007 to 2012. My car has a 3.5L engine which is code C on the 8th digit of the VIN. Not sure if other cars with different usually smaller engines will have the same radiator.

bighank

After searching over 40 FORD cars in a junkyard and pulling out many drain plugs which did not seal the drain spout I looked at the original drain plug and saw the O ring was squashed almost to the size of the plastic shaft. I removed the defective O ring and replaced it with one of the O rings on the other drain plug shafts. I reinstalled the original drain plug and refilled the coolant. Then ran the car for 20 minutes with the pressure cap tight on the gas bottle. Results NO LEAKS under pressure.

I am still troubled that FORD or no aftermarket parts supplier sells the drain plug for this radiator.

Edited just now by bighank