where can i buy fcimfor lincoln mks 2014

Rongold

The only place that I know of is at a Ford or Lincoln dealer. I don't think you can get a new one---Only a refurbished one. My 2014 MKS needs one also. Luckily, it's still under the Certified Used warranty for another 6 months. I have to get it into a dealer. Here are a couple of part numbers, based on the production date of the car. Up to 12/1/2013 the part number for the FCIM is DA5Z-18842-AA. After 12/2/2013 the part number is EA5Z-18842-AA. The later part number might have replaced the earlier one--I'm not sure. Call a couple of Ford or Lincoln dealers and let us know how much it is.

RON

Last edited:

Rongold

I went to the Ford dealer across the street from where my old repair shop was and talked to them about my FCIM. The FCIM's are no longer available new, but they are available remanufactured from a company called United Radio in Syracuse, New York. They are the authorized Ford remanufacturer of these and other parts. I am going to call them tomorrow and find out what is available and what the price is.

Rongold

Well, I called United Radio yesterday and I talked with a knowledgeable woman there. She said that you have to send in your FCIM and they will fix your unit. The price depends on what is wrong with it, but she said that the average repair is about $200. She also told me that they are the only authorized Ford Remanufacturer in the USA. for the FCIM's and other hi-tech modules. I wonder if the car can be driven without the FCIM hooked up ??? Even though the FCIM controls the radio & climate control, I wonder if it plays any part in some other operation of the car ???

RON

G-212196

Good luck with that I have had 5 FCIM units that were refurbished and I think all they do is wipe the dust off and send them out.

tncowdaddy

I have the same issue. Did you ever find a place to fix?

TrialsDoc

Any have luck with just unplugging?
Climate controls on touch screen do not work if FCIM is unplugged. Being leery of what is found on eBay, I purchased a refurbished unit through my Ford dealer. The part number remains DA5Z-18842-AA for the 2013 MKS. It was $325 and came from United Radio. To avoid a core charge, I removed my faulty FCIM and exchanged it at the dealer. Before installing the new one, I started the car and found the touch screen controls entirely inoperative. Happy to report that my fan speed no longer jumps to max every 15 seconds. It took me about 90 minutes to pull all the trim pieces necessary to remove the FCIM, and less than an hour to replace them.

tncowdaddy

Yes, thanks! I only drive the car a couple times a week, but it's so annoying. It'd be worth the time and money to get it done.

TrialsDoc

Doing it all over again. Replacement unit would turn up to full heat spontaneously. It was NEVER possible to get the temperature down using the FCIM. Fortunately, the climate controls on the touchscreen eventually would allow me to override the FCIM. My dealer got another unit from United Radio (thanks for a no-argument exchange, Interstate Ford in Miamisburg OH). Took the old one out last night, exchanged the units this morning and now reassembling. With fingers crossed.... 16120236403605391851027160249235.jpg