Whats your opinion on Aviator?

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

B2Aviator

Hello dear forum members. I am a prospective 2022 aviator owner. I absolutely love the aesthetics of the car and havent seen a better interior in any of the competitor brands in the same category. What is your opinion/experience with Lincoln as a brand and with the aviator?

silverydragon72

San Jose, CA
I personally love my aviator GT. I have been buying lincolns for years and have always had a good experience even when there is an issue. It is very quiet, looks really nice, has an excellent ride especially if you opt for air suspension, and very comfortable seats. I personally love the 30 way seats on my aviator and continental. They are a big reason why I like both vehicles. Overall the 2022 seems much better built than the 2020 as well no issues so far. Performance is pretty decent too if you get a GT considering how heavy it is and the tax incentives aren't bad either. I also get a decent amount of compliments when I get to drive it. Its my wife's vehicle primarily.

Last edited:

silverydragon72

San Jose, CA
I am more inclined towards the reserve model with jet package. There is something about those 21 inch black alloy wheels!
Very nice ya getting a GT means you don't get that package as an option so I understand going reserve. Also reserve seems to have less of a lead time if you are worried about that. If you have any questions about possible option let me know.

B2Aviator

Very nice ya getting a GT means you don't get that package as an option so I understand going reserve. Also reserve seems to have less of a lead time if you are worried about that. If you have any questions about possible option let me know.
Awesome! Thanks. Much appreciated!

rjabend

Hello dear forum members. I am a prospective 2022 aviator owner. I absolutely love the aesthetics of the car and havent seen a better interior in any of the competitor brands in the same category. What is your opinion/experience with Lincoln as a brand and with the aviator?
There are more than average quality issues and sometimes difficulty in getting repairs
Here are a couple of recent links from this site that may be of interest:

In regard to the above, water leaks resulting in mildewed interiors seems to be prevalent and one of the worst and there are also folks who claim to have no problems at all. I have had a long list of problems but have not had anything catastrophic yet. I don't recommend making a buy/no-buy decision based on a few individual inputs, including mine, and keep in mind that we are all biased by wanting our purchase decisions to be the greatest! Best of luck on your purchase.

Last edited:
I had a 2020 BL. One of the 1st ones. I was fortunate that there were really no problems. Slight door alignment issue, which I never bothered to address. No leaks or electrical problems.

I just took delivery a 2022 BL GT. So far no issues. We have loved them both and have no regrets.

We really don't hear a lot of good experiences on these postings, just those with problems. I guess that's typical of postings.

silverydragon72

San Jose, CA
Most people go to forums to post issues to find solutions, ask questions, or look at production times. Its rare anyone is going to come just to say their vehicle is perfect. I know when I first started I was looking towards what to expect from a production time standpoint. Overall what I will say is the issues seem to have greatly decreased on the 2022 from what I have seen so far. Also as you can see on the buyer beware one they are not interested in a solution and rarely respond so I would take that one with a grain of salt.

B2Aviator

Thanks for your replies. I too read some negative reviews/complaints and thats the reason I wanted to get opinions from the owners here at this forum. All said, I think I am ready to take a leap of faith with my Aviator. Fingers X!

B2Aviator

There are more than average quality issues and sometimes difficulty in getting repairs

Here are a couple of recent links from this site that may be of interest:

In regard to the above, water leaks resulting in mildewed interiors seems to be prevalent and one of the worst and there are also folks who claim to have no problems at all. I have had a long list of problems but have not had anything catastrophic yet. I don't recommend making a buy/no-buy decision based on a few individual inputs, including mine, and keep in mind that we are all biased by wanting our purchase decisions to be the greatest! Best of luck on your purchase.
Thanks for your reply and I am sorry to know you faced some issues with your Aviator. I read some negative reviews/complaints about the aviator and that was precisely the reason I posted my question here in this forum to get an opinion from aviator owners just like yourselves. I might just take a leap of faith with my Aviator!

rjabend

Thanks for your reply and I am sorry to know you faced some issues with your Aviator. I read some negative reviews/complaints about the aviator and that was precisely the reason I posted my question here in this forum to get an opinion from aviator owners just like yourselves. I might just take a leap of faith with my Aviator!
Wish you the best, and please keep us posted.

peterk9

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Welcome to the Forum.
wavey.gif

I love the vehicle, both inside and out. The build quality on mine is excellent and I have not had to go back to the dealer for any issues. A couple of electronic 'glitches' fixed themselves. As for the 21" wheels, I'm not a fan. Actually I would have opted for 18" if that was an available option.
Good luck and please report back when you get your new ride.

Peter

silverydragon72

San Jose, CA
Welcome to the Forum.
wavey.gif

I love the vehicle, both inside and out. The build quality on mine is excellent and I have not had to go back to the dealer for any issues. A couple of electronic 'glitches' fixed themselves. As for the 21" wheels, I'm not a fan. Actually I would have opted for 18" if that was an available option.
Good luck and please report back when you get your new ride.

Peter
Out of curiosity do you have the air suspension or the adaptive? I agree on the 21s on adaptive but on the dynamic handling package they seem good.

peterk9

SUPPORTING MEMBER
No, it just has the regular Continous Control Dampening Suspension. Mine was an 'off the lot' vehicle that the dealer brought in from the parent dealership since they themselves didn't have any Aviators in stock. It all happened rather quickly since I still had a year left on the 2017 Explorer Platinum's 4 year lease that I was driving. Because of its low mileage (7400 miles), the dealer was ready to deal on a 2020.

Peter

silverydragon72

San Jose, CA
No, it just has the regular Continous Control Dampening Suspension. Mine was an 'off the lot' vehicle that the dealer brought in from the parent dealership since they themselves didn't have any Aviators in stock. It all happened rather quickly since I still had a year left on the 2017 Explorer Platinum's 4 year lease that I was driving. Because of its low mileage (7400 miles), the dealer was ready to deal on a 2020.

Peter
That makes sense then yes id agree with avoiding the 21s unless you opt for dynamic handling package (air suspension)

B2Aviator

I want the car by mid April 2022 so I am planning to place the order by end of next week and hope the car is delivered by then!

silverydragon72

San Jose, CA
Id say order asap if you want it by April as it can take a while depending on your configuration sometimes up to 6 months. Hopefully your dealer can help with an estimate but take it with a grain of salt as they could be highly optimistic. I think mine from order to delivery if I recall correctly was about 5 months with a priority build. It was a GT however so the reserve will probably be quicker depending on priority.

Fast211

That makes sense then yes id agree with avoiding the 21s unless you opt for dynamic handling package (air suspension)
Can you elaborate on this? I went jet package, which gives 22" wheels, but did not include the dynamic handling package. As you understand, I was not able to get a feel for that setup before placing my order. How harsh of a ride are we talking here?