What is the speaker size for 2003-2011

We’re getting a lot of stereo threads lately, so here’s my contribution.

Anyone know what size speakers are in the front doors of the 2002-11 Town Cars? Judging by the round grille cover it looks like a 5-1/4 or 6-1/2, but most everything I see with on-line searches is something oval. I have a 2003 Cartier with the Alpine front end, if that matters.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

My 2003 Cartier

raiderfan247365

Western Oregon
We’re getting a lot of stereo threads lately, so here’s my contribution.

Anyone know what size speakers are in the front doors of the 2002-11 Town Cars? Judging by the round grille cover it looks like a 5-1/4 or 6-1/2, but most everything I see with on-line searches is something oval. I have a 2003 Cartier with the Alpine front end, if that matters.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

My 2003 Cartier
Just threw some 6x8's in the front doors of my 09' TC last weekend, but, according to Crutchfield, you can put 6x8, 5 1/4, or 5x7 size speakers. Though if you ask me, the 6x8's really seem to fit perfect.

jkeaton

Winston Salem, NC
Just threw some 6x8's in the front doors of my 09' TC last weekend, but, according to Crutchfield, you can put 6x8, 5 1/4, or 5x7 size speakers. Though if you ask me, the 6x8's really seem to fit perfect.

What speakers did you go with? 2-way, 3-way? Do they sound better than stock?

raiderfan247365

Western Oregon
What speakers did you go with? 2-way, 3-way? Do they sound better than stock?

I went with some Kicker brand 2-way speakers, 75 watts RMS, 225 peak watts. Now, I will say that I am no audiophile but the speakers sound pretty damn good to me, slightly more clear than the stock speakers and they kick out enough mid-bass for my needs. I also installed a pair of these in my wife's 98' Navigator and the sound is also very good there, in that case they are way better than those 1998 speakers :)

My 09' TC and my wife's Navigator both have an Apline ILX-650 head unit installed which claims to kick out 25 watts RMS to each speaker, so for my experience just know that my speakers are getting a little but of juice from my head unit, while 25 watts isn't a whole lot, it is definitely "something".

jkeaton

Winston Salem, NC
I went with some Kicker brand 2-way speakers, 75 watts RMS, 225 peak watts. Now, I will say that I am no audiophile but the speakers sound pretty damn good to me, slightly more clear than the stock speakers and they kick out enough mid-bass for my needs. I also installed a pair of these in my wife's 98' Navigator and the sound is also very good there, in that case they are way better than those 1998 speakers :)

My 09' TC and my wife's Navigator both have an Apline ILX-650 head unit installed which claims to kick out 25 watts RMS to each speaker, so for my experience just know that my speakers are getting a little but of juice from my head unit, while 25 watts isn't a whole lot, it is definitely "something".

Thanks!