What do you like best and what would you change?

jhartz

I am enjoying the car. Size, ride and power very close to my last XJ8L. What would I change? More leg room for the driver; I like the seat up higher, but when I move it up, it moves forward to reduce the leg room. Still haven't worked the Synch 2.3 upgrade. Probably a Mac issue, but since there doesn't seem to be any big change, I will wait to the first service. The Synch is a big improvement over Land Rover products.

So far: absolutely no warranty issues: a first for any new car I have ever owned (and a surprise for a Fix Or Repair Daily product).

Slick Fan

Utah
I am enjoying the car. Size, ride and power very close to my last XJ8L. What would I change? More leg room for the driver; I like the seat up higher, but when I move it up, it moves forward to reduce the leg room. Still haven't worked the Synch 2.3 upgrade. Probably a Mac issue, but since there doesn't seem to be any big change, I will wait to the first service. The Synch is a big improvement over Land Rover products.

So far: absolutely no warranty issues: a first for any new car I have ever owned (and a surprise for a Fix Or Repair Daily product).
Well then, I see I'm not alone...I haven't had any issues with my lowly "17 Taurus Limited model either. :D It's been fantastic so far!

jack7742

Prior to the Continental, we had leased three 3.5L ecoboost MKTs. Have only had Continental for three weeks, and only one shortfall stands out for us. The absence of passenger seat memory is a real pain since I am 6'4" and wife is 5'1". A driver change from me to her requires major changes to passenger seat before I can even get in.

brucelinc

Minneapolis
I agree it would be nice to have a passenger seat memory feature. When on a long trip and we exchange drivers, I always have to completely undo all of my wife's adjustments to the passenger seat when she drives. We are completely opposite in how we like the seat positioned.

Sursumabordine

I've had my 17 black reserve 3.0 awd with 24k miles for a month now.

What I love:
- Exterior look and design, great power, traction, driving comfort, 8 yr/150k mile bumper to bumper warranty (paid extra)

What I wish was improved:
- Horrible, horrible, horrible, lack of dashboard view (like can't see any of it) when steering wheel is fully lowered.
- Excessive (to me) wind noise around the passenger and driver mirrors and roof line above 60mph (all the gaps and seals look perfect)
- 30-way seat side leg bolsters are not adjustable to open wider (seems the left side presses too hard on my outer left leg side numbing it rapidly)
- Seat cushion bottoms seem a little too stiff for me.
- 1980's interior wood grain choice, wish we could get more options to choose from like the black wood, without getting a black label. And the perfect smooth shine makes it look to plasticy looking.
- Chrome is cool but a little too blingy for my tastes. A brushed or satin trim available would be more to my liking.
- Dash board display is WAYY too boring for this level of automibile (need more colors, features, and options). Chrysler's top end dashes look amazing
- And why does the steering wheel feel like cheap hollow foam? Like I'm holding a curved, insulated pipe. Is it beacsue it has too to accommodate the built in heating?
- Why don't the side mirrors look down automatically when shifted into reverse? I would still like to use them in addition to (not replaced by) the back-up and 360 degree camera.

The only issue I've had so far is a squeaky headliner where the part at the front of the sunroof attaches to the metal frame underneath. I solved that with by placing a 3/8" thick piece of black foam backer board in the entire front width gap between the headliner and the metal frame. Fit perfectly in the gap, can't see it, and noise is gone.

jhartz

Likes: power (335 2.7T); ride with adjustable suspension; soft door closing; foot opening for trunk; AWD.

Dislikes or would change: not enough leg room for driver; battery positioning; vague steering feel . . .

topdavis

2019 Continental 3.0L AWD Black Label

Dislikes (Mostly Infotainment quirks)
1) When you use a USB drive for audio files and use the steering wheel music selector menu, there is a blank space for the USB drive name. AM/FM/Sirius and your connected Phone appears, but a blank slot represents the USB drive without any name listed.
2) If you select a station from the Sirius Presets you will be taken to that Preset, but the last station you were listening to on that Preset will be played, not the station you select from the menu.
3) Only music names are displayed in the Dashboard from attached devices like Bluetooth music from the phone, usb or cd. The song name from Sirius or HD radio stations are not displayed in the Dashboard.
4) No separate audio control for phone calls, audio, or text announcements. You have to adjust the volume of text messages when they are played. It would be nice to have a menu selection that allows you to set that volume or to default the volume of the text audio so that it mutes the music being played to 50% of the text alert volume.
5) Backseat audio controls only can change radio based on the active Preset list.
6) No courtesy entry or exit on driver side. For example, move seat back on entry or exit (if possible based on position) and pull telescopic steering wheel into dash and raise it higher (if possible).
7) With 30 seat option, should have a memory button for passenger seat as well, or the passenger seat settings should be tied to the driver's memory so frequent rider's can have their seat settings stored. (Could actually be an added feature in the Lincoln Way App so the driver can pick the passenger and store their seat settings and restore their seat setting by selecting their name in the Lincoln Way App.)
8) On car start, audio should gradually go up to the last listening volume instead of just starting at that point. If you were listening at 20, when you start the car, it starts at 20. It should gradually get there so you can turn it down before it starts blasting again.
9) Would rather have knobs for temperature controls instead of rocker switches.
10) A little bit deeper cell phone slot beside the cup holders.

brucelinc

Minneapolis
I agree that memory seats on the passenger side would be an excellent addition. I don't quite understand a few of your dislikes about the entertainment. Regardless of the source, I see the artist and song title on both the center stack and instrument cluster. I don't select the source from the steering wheel so I wasn't aware of a blank spot. I typically use voice commands to select the source and/or song title.

When setting up a preset, you hold the "button" in for a couple of seconds and it goes to whatever you selected. Maybe I am not understanding your number 2 dislike.

topdavis

The problem isn't setting up a preset. I'll try to explain better.

So I have presets already in Sirius on all three Preset sections. So let's say I am on Preset section 3, the last tick mark on the Preset bar, and I am listening to my 2 channel selected, Howard Stern, as a Preset on section 3. Now let's say I go to Preset section 1 and from the screen, I pick my station for that is on the second button, 90's on 9, for example. NOW I use the Music button on the steering wheel and I pick Sirius, Preset 3 and I select the 1st button that I have programmed on Preset Section 3, LL Cool J Rock the Bells Radio. The radio will switch, BUT it will go to Howard Stern, the station I was listening to on that Preset section NOT Rock the Bells Radio, the station I just selected from the Steering Wheel Music Menu. I can shoot a video to better show it, I guess, but it is repeatable every time so I know I'm not crazy.

To see the blank spot activity, put a usb stick with music on either usb 1 or 2. When you select the Music icon on the Steering wheel, you will see AM, FM, Sirius, and a Blank Spot. Use the toggle switch to move down the choices and you will see the cursor will go to the blank spot, which is either USB 1 or 2. I attached a photo to better show what I mean. The blank spot between Sirius and my phone's name is USB1.Audio Menu.jpg

direct007

Southern NJ
Love the car but wanted the aluminum trim package that is available in the Rhapsody Blue edition but with a black interior. The wood look is nice but I like a more contemporary design. Other than that, the car feels very luxurious and rides like a dream.

brucelinc

Minneapolis
I probably enjoy my Continental more now than when I first got it. I rent cars fairly often for business and pleasure. Seems like I am always getting an SUV or Crossover....in my mind just a tall station wagon. I absolutely hate the driving position and overall driving dynamics in every one of the things that I have driven.

While not perfect and lacking a few things, I find my Conti to be a superb highway cruiser....good ride, reasonably quiet, excellent seats and friendly tech. With sedan production being on life support, I will likely be keeping the Conti for a good long time.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

HTML