what did you do to your town car this week?

Norms1stTC

Let's see.... installed a 17mm Rear anti-sway bar , new bushings for that sway bar, and new end links ,also installed 2 Monroe rear shocks .

gunnye7t

2002 Lincoln TC Sig.
New A/C compressor, Evaporator, A/C Condenser, O-rings, evacuate system and freon recharge.

Ordering CHE rear control arms, Metco Watts Link, APR bolt and ADTR front and rear sway bars.

gunnye7t

And the radiator I forgot to mention.
Since the radiator, trans cooler, and A/C condenser all attach together thought it best to only have to get into that stuff once.

Norms1stTC

Bought a cassette to aux at 5below to listen to music through my phone, works flawlessly, couldn't find cassette tapes on the cheap anywhere, they're over 5 bucks on eBay, and the Goodwill's only have artists I've never heard of , albeit they're 0.50 cents, I couldn't bring myself to buy a Yanni Christmas cassette . Sorry Yanni.

CuttingToolGuy

Houston
Ah,

Poor Yanni....

My Golden Earring cassette sounds ok one direction and terrible the other. I think there used to be a way to adjust the magnetic pickup for better sound but, can't find instructions anywhere.

Norms1stTC

Ah,

Poor Yanni....

My Golden Earring cassette sounds ok one direction and terrible the other. I think there used to be a way to adjust the magnetic pickup for better sound but, can't find instructions anywhere.
I've got a couple Garth Brooks cassettes that came with the car, the cassette player on mine works good in both directions so far and I have no plans of changing out the radio to a media or CD player.ill be honest, I liked the cassette players and owned 3 cars in the last 7 years with them and all were flawless.

Babyburr

Had my old tint removed and new tint installed. Limo in the back and legal in the front windows. Looks awesome.

Maytag87

I broke 90K and did some clean up on my '03 Cartier which I picked up a month ago. I took it to the dealer to get a couple of additional keys and they through in/programmed a couple of remotes for me at no extra charge. I also had them check out the electrical stuff that had been failing on me. They tested the DDL in another '03 which was on eternal wait for a new DDL (seems unavailable) and everything worked in the other car. They put it back in my car and everything worked again. Must have been some corrosion or something about the way it was plugged in. Everything is back to normal now.

I also through some CDs in the CD 6 pack and was happy to see that was working great, so I rocked out Bad Company and Don Henley!

I want to figure out why my interior lights do not work. I swapped out the interior fuse 31 and the LCM relay to no avail. I will have to check if the bulbs may have been removed for some reason haha

Hope you are all enjoying your cars too!
Rob

Attachments

• 20201003_145510.jpg
    20201003_145510.jpg
    351.7 KB · Views: 5
  • 20201003_150902.jpg
    20201003_150902.jpg
    437.8 KB · Views: 5
I ordered up a new head unit/satellite radio/backup camera/associated gear from Crutchfield. It's supposed to come in on Friday. I think I know what I'm doing over the weekend next week.

Norms1stTC

I undercoated mine yesterday with a gallon of Fluid Film wool wax. This is it's first of many applications in the rust belt of Pittsburgh PA.

What unit did you get? I’m getting ready to pull the trigger on a touchscreen soon.

A JVC KW-V660BT DVD Receiver. It has all of the features I want (Android auto, bluetooth, hands free, gestures, backup cam, etc). It has sound sculpting features that put the OEM radio to shame. Ridiculously advanced for the money. At least it is ridiculously advanced by my ill-informed measure.

JVC and Kenwood are the same company and both have been making car audio forever.

Since I drive an '03 and Ford redesigned in '03 to allow for a double din unit, might as well make use of the space, right? Plus, I like to buy CDs at yard sales and estate sales. I have an OK collection. Cool thing about being old is that much of the music you grew up loving is now cheap on CD at an estate sale. Uncool thing is soon enough all of your CD collection will be up for sale at an estate sale.............(cue spooky music).

When I emerge from an estate sale excitedly clutching that Jethro Tull CD, it would be nice to be able to get into the car and play it. I would be mad at myself if I had to wait until I got home because I got $50 cheap when I was spending over half a grand on upgrading my head unit.

Yes. That's right. I'm spending $50 extra dollars so I don't have to moan about not listening to a $2 CD that I might buy over the next few years. I don't like moaning over anything. So there. :p

Good luck on your chase, dude. Thanks for starting the stereo thread. It prompted me to get up off my butt. I had been indecisively wavering between different head units for a while. I knew I was going to do it, but didn't want to make a bad buy and had been holding off until I had the car for a while. I wanted to make sure that it wasn't a bad buy in itself. The car has been great - honestly the best car I've ever owned.

Your thread prompted me to say "meh, get on with it. You don't like Sony. Kenwood, JVC, JBL, etc have always put out reliable products over your lifetime. Buy your ticket and take your ride, fer Pete's sake."

One of the nice things about the JVC receiver (the Kenwood mechless version of this one too - they're the same thing) is the ability to put in your own custom wallpaper. I don't know if that's common or not, but I'm going to try my hand at locating/editing a tasteful Lincoln wallpaper so that the jarring nature of such modern technology in so archaic a dash won't seem quite so off-putting.