what did you do to your town car this week?

IMSITTINGINYOURCHAIR

I didn't see a thread like this where we could all participate about whatever we do to these cars maintenance or whatever.

last week was tune up and brakes and interior cleaning.

this week was window tint to help the aircon work better and some clearcoat cut and polish.
https://i.imgur.com/moL6icN.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/GvONsut.jpg

next week hopefully is going to see the mirrors and top part of the rear bumper get colormatch paint done to them and get the headlight sensor replaced so that the auto lamps work as intended.

04TC

Tampa, FL
I didn't see a thread like this where we could all participate about whatever we do to these cars maintenance or whatever.

last week was tune up and brakes and interior cleaning.

That's a great idea!

Last week I received a new AC accumulator to replace the original one which has rusted. Ordered it online. I haven't got it installed yet, might wait to have it installed until after the freon leaks out again, AC is blowing cold air for the time being.

IMG_0074.jpg

IMSITTINGINYOURCHAIR

That's a great idea!

Last week I received a new AC accumulator to replace the original one which has rusted. Ordered it online. I haven't got it installed yet, might wait to have it installed until after the freon leaks out again, AC is blowing cold air for the time being.

View attachment 7762
Speaking of air conditioning I get to put in a blower resistor today, after I made the post I headed out to pick up our grocery order and no fan, beating the resistor didn't work this time :( advance had one in stock plus a 20% code got it less than a $50 bill. I can't wait to tackle the paint and get the clear coat polished.

IMSITTINGINYOURCHAIR

yesterday I got the headlight sensor replaced, got the blower resistor done the other day and holy crap that was fun to remove past the heater hose back there. it's nice to have head and air again since I'm using both in May of all months. I looked at the part and found what I believe to be the fault but I forgot to wait on putting the new one in so I could test the repair on the old one.
creative way to get the screw back in!

04TC

Tampa, FL
Today I did a routine oil change. I had done some oil changes on cars years ago, but today was the first time I did the change myself on the Car. Had misplaced the floor jack I once had and this time I finally bought the tools and didn't f**k it up too badly.

IMSITTINGINYOURCHAIR

Got my tires rotated today.

I should probably get mine aligned but I should also get the front end parts replaced first, I am sure at 192k they haven't been done yet and throwing it on the rack would be pointless. the steering linkage as well as the control arms plus some new shocks and she should be as good as new!

IMSITTINGINYOURCHAIR

Today I did a routine oil change. I had done some oil changes on cars years ago, but today was the first time I did the change myself on the Car. Had misplaced the floor jack I once had and this time I finally bought the tools and didn't f**k it up too badly.

I got some rhino ramps from o'riley's, they are plastic but they hold my mini van up fine. to hell with jacking up the front end, I could prob get by taking them to a shop for the oil change but I want MY eyes under there looking for what may be leaking or whatever.

I am sure they wouldn't have told me about the back of my '16 sedona having some oil on the back of the engine, my research shows a common problem with the oil pressure sending unit having a small drip that starts at about 86k, forum there advises me to watch it and wait for the tune up to come due and have them change it then when the intake is removed because it's the same process to get to it.

CuttingToolGuy

Houston
Hey Raiderfan,

Is that an OEM windshield? If you don't mind my asking how much was it (ballpark) & where did you get it? Looks a lot better than the Tiawan replacement I have now.

PM is ok if you don't want to be public.

raiderfan247365

Western Oregon
Hey Raiderfan,

Is that an OEM windshield? If you don't mind my asking how much was it (ballpark) & where did you get it? Looks a lot better than the Tiawan replacement I have now.

PM is ok if you don't want to be public.

Hey there,

The windshield was replaced via an insurance claim, I paid only the deductible of $100. It was replaced by Safelite with what appears to be an OEM or at least a higher quality shield (has a Lincoln logo embedded in it and is labeled "Carlite"). The original quote I received before filing a claim was ~$300. Hope that helps.