What are your likes and dislikes concerning the Lincoln Corsair?

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

Un-decided

My 2021 Corsair didn't come with a cargo cover. I used them on all my other SUVs. I was so glad that I didn't just 'off the cuff' order one! I wouldn't have liked/used a hard nonretractabke cover! So glad I read about this on the forum!
We've had both hard and roller covers and prefer the hard type. It lifts with the rear hatch and so makes access to your stuff a little easier. I think the Lincoln one is fairly thick so should provide sound isolation to the cabin.

RedHoncho

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Marysville, Ohio
Here is something new and VERY irritating. If you set up a personal profile and delete it or save new seat settings to the memory button you used for this profile, it erases ALL your presets in audio and resets the number of preset cells to 3. I thought I was losing my mind and that there was something wrong with the vehicle.

I purposely tried it this morning and YUP, all audio presets were gone. I went through ALL my seat and presets to make certain I had everything just like I wanted and then set up my profile again. I have it set to my key fob and my phone.

syl

I'm not sure that's normal (or perhaps I'm misunderstanding). I've been able to repeatedly "fine-tune" (*) the seat memory, and save the new setting without it affecting any other preset preferences.

(*) I'm no longer sure it's worth doing; if I readjust the seat, then press the memory recall button on the door, the car tries to squeeze me to death towards the steering wheel, but unlock with that keyfob seems to work correctly, so for the most part the seat memory works, if I don't intervene.

joeb427

I like just about everything. So much better than the '19 MKC I had which I did love.

Dislikes are the stop/start without the one step button shutoff like in my MKC.
I just got it so I don't know about rattles in the near future. so far, so good.
The Nav screen could have been bigger but really not an issue.
No engine cover of which I'm adding.

Un-decided

I like just about everything. So much better than the '19 MKC I had which I did love.

I just got it so I don't know about rattles in the near future. so far, so good.
Stay on rattle watch and keep us informed. My biggest worry as I decide on a new car.

Pirate Ship

Ok, I'm 15 months and 14,800 miles into my 2020 Corsair Reserve I with 2.0 engine. I guess I feel very fortunate with all the troubles being posted. I have had only one and that just recently happened. I love how quiet the vehicle is. Quieter than the Ford Edge I was looking at. The 10 way seats are extremely nice and comfortable. I felt no fatigue on a 5 hour road trip. It's the gas mileage that has surprised me. I'm getting much better than the advertised 29 mpg highway. I've never reset my average fuel mileage meter and it is currently on 33.2 mpg. I consistently get 32 mpg doing the math at the gas pump for my everyday driving to work and back. 34.6 has been the best actual mileage on a long road trip. I use the Start/Stop feature during my work week. I use Normal mode 95% of the time. No rattles as of yet. I have done my own updates to the NAV and SYNC 3 systems with no problems other than the amount of time it can take. I carry two bicycles from time to time with no notice that they are there in terms of performance and mileage. I turned off the Auto Dimming Headlight feature as they tend to go back to bright way too early when following someone. No need to promote anymore road rage than there already is. The headlights are very bright. They light up farther to the sides with the brights on. I have been able to see more deer along the road sides at night than I ever have before! Brakes are wonderful. They have enormous stopping power. For a CUV, there isn't much body roll in turns either. It has handled the snow with ease so far. No issues with starting out at slippery intersections. However, after a heavy frost or freezing rain build up, all the collision avoidance sensors stay on and it locks my brakes. I have to turn that off in the Winter. I work second shift and get out of work at 1:30am four nights a week. So the remote start in Winter is awesome with it's long range. Love the heated and cooled seats. Heated steering wheel is very nice too. One odd thing, I don't know why there are three fan settings to the Climate Control. Why is it not just fully automatic like every other system I have owned? I just leave it on the highest fan speed, it eventually quiets down when the temp is reached. I just had my 15,000 mile service done along with the rear camera recall. I went in early because all of the tail lights in the hatch went out. Turns out the light bar between the tail lights in the hatch, shorted out and blew out the control module. All replaced under warranty. Another thing that amazes me is that while driving in a 55 zone I have the cruise control set at 58. As the vehicle approaches hills, I fully expected the transmission to drop a gear or two. That rarely happens! At 1600 rpm that turbo keeps enough air pumped into the engine to deliver enough torque to pull those hills like my 96 Powerstroke! So I have been a happy customer and still love this thing to death. I'm 62 and bought this for my retirement! Still have a year and a half to go!

Un-decided

Ok, I'm 15 months and 14,800 miles into my 2020 Corsair Reserve I with 2.0 engine. I guess I feel very fortunate with all the troubles being posted. I have had only one and that just recently happened. I love how quiet the vehicle is. Quieter than the Ford Edge I was looking at. The 10 way seats are extremely nice and comfortable. I felt no fatigue on a 5 hour road trip. It's the gas mileage that has surprised me. I'm getting much better than the advertised 29 mpg highway. I've never reset my average fuel mileage meter and it is currently on 33.2 mpg. I consistently get 32 mpg doing the math at the gas pump for my everyday driving to work and back. 34.6 has been the best actual mileage on a long road trip. I use the Start/Stop feature during my work week. I use Normal mode 95% of the time. No rattles as of yet. I have done my own updates to the NAV and SYNC 3 systems with no problems other than the amount of time it can take. I carry two bicycles from time to time with no notice that they are there in terms of performance and mileage. I turned off the Auto Dimming Headlight feature as they tend to go back to bright way too early when following someone. No need to promote anymore road rage than there already is. The headlights are very bright. They light up farther to the sides with the brights on. I have been able to see more deer along the road sides at night than I ever have before! Brakes are wonderful. They have enormous stopping power. For a CUV, there isn't much body roll in turns either. It has handled the snow with ease so far. No issues with starting out at slippery intersections. However, after a heavy frost or freezing rain build up, all the collision avoidance sensors stay on and it locks my brakes. I have to turn that off in the Winter. I work second shift and get out of work at 1:30am four nights a week. So the remote start in Winter is awesome with it's long range. Love the heated and cooled seats. Heated steering wheel is very nice too. One odd thing, I don't know why there are three fan settings to the Climate Control. Why is it not just fully automatic like every other system I have owned? I just leave it on the highest fan speed, it eventually quiets down when the temp is reached. I just had my 15,000 mile service done along with the rear camera recall. I went in early because all of the tail lights in the hatch went out. Turns out the light bar between the tail lights in the hatch, shorted out and blew out the control module. All replaced under warranty. Another thing that amazes me is that while driving in a 55 zone I have the cruise control set at 58. As the vehicle approaches hills, I fully expected the transmission to drop a gear or two. That rarely happens! At 1600 rpm that turbo keeps enough air pumped into the engine to deliver enough torque to pull those hills like my 96 Powerstroke! So I have been a happy customer and still love this thing to death. I'm 62 and bought this for my retirement! Still have a year and a half to go!
Excellent owners review. You answered many of my concerns. Hope you continue to get great service out of the car. Hopefully, I'll be able to pick up a '22 model when they come out.

What a wonderful review! I have a 2021 Corsair Reserve and love it. I agree with alot that you're saying. We're going to take it on a long weekend so can't wait to see how it goes on mileage. It's such a comfortable/quiet vehicle. We downloaded the Sync 3 updates, took a drive while doing it. I had the camera recall done last month. Started receiving 'Reverse Brake Assist Not Available' when backing up my driveway but not every time, not right way after replacement and nothing is around the vehicle. I have a schedule appt next Wed.

RedHoncho

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Marysville, Ohio
I had the icing issue on my Escape sensors too. I started carrying deicing spray in my car. I spray them down and the ice doesn't interfere with their operation.

bbf2530

One odd thing, I don't know why there are three fan settings to the Climate Control. Why is it not just fully automatic like every other system I have owned? I just leave it on the highest fan speed, it eventually quiets down when the temp is reached.

Hi Pirate Ship. Just to address the fan speed question: The reason there are three fan speeds available on AUTO is because some people complain that high is too loud, even though the fan will slow down and quiet down as the set temperature is met (as you also mentioned).

Then they will also complain that low or medium will take too long to heat/cool the interior. And medium is too hard, too soft, too sweet, too sour, too salty, too warm, too cold...etc., etc., etc., etc. ;)

So...give owners three available choices, then hope it pleases most of the people most of the time.

The fact that there are three speeds is a plus, since the Climate Control system remembers the drivers previous speed setting. So set it on high if you like. Someone else can set it on medium if they like. And someone else can set it to low. And hopefully, most owners will find a happy place. Or not...🙃

Personally, I keep it set to high like you. As you stated, it will get to the desired temperature the quickest on the high setting, and then slow down anyway.

Good luck.

Last edited:

Oneoldsage

I agree with what you said. We had a 2018 MKC that issues right our of the starting gate. Our dealer fixed them to our satisfaction but I was still leery of ongoing issues. We got our 2021 Corsair in April and I am very pleased. Like you, I really don't like the auto start/stop and when I'm in the city with frequent stops, I turn it off. I agree it should be one button not push a button, turn off the option, then wait for the messages to clear.

PaddyH01

We have had a month of electrical issues with our 2021 Corsair GT PHEV and are working on our third loaner since taking delivery. Our Corsair GT PHEV has a rougher engine noise than the non-GT gas only loaners. The e-CVT shifts very smoothly, especially with the electric motors. This car is close to becoming a lemon. It has shown three "charging error codes" and most times will not charge on 220VAC using any Level 2 charger tried. The tech says they have an "emergency call in to the engineering hot line at Ford". I've had the Lincoln charger replaced as well as a third party Level 2 THREE times until Lincoln finally admitted that it must be the car. They now believe they might need engineers to fly out to test things. Might be the Lithium-Ion battery, the charger board, software or a combination there of. Hope no one else has to go through this mess. If I'd believed the Consumer Report score 53 out of 100, I might have selected a different car.

Un-decided

I agree with what you said. We had a 2018 MKC that issues right our of the starting gate. Our dealer fixed them to our satisfaction but I was still leery of ongoing issues. We got our 2021 Corsair in April and I am very pleased. Like you, I really don't like the auto start/stop and when I'm in the city with frequent stops, I turn it off. I agree it should be one button not push a button, turn off the option, then wait for the messages to clear.
So, even with issues on the MKC you decided to stick with Lincoln. Does that show how much you love these cars?

joeb427

We have had a month of electrical issues with our 2021 Corsair GT PHEV and are working on our third loaner since taking delivery. Our Corsair GT PHEV has a rougher engine noise than the non-GT gas only loaners. The e-CVT shifts very smoothly, especially with the electric motors. This car is close to becoming a lemon. It has shown three "charging error codes" and most times will not charge on 220VAC using any Level 2 charger tried. The tech says they have an "emergency call in to the engineering hot line at Ford". I've had the Lincoln charger replaced as well as a third party Level 2 THREE times until Lincoln finally admitted that it must be the car. They now believe they might need engineers to fly out to test things. Might be the Lithium-Ion battery, the charger board, software or a combination there of. Hope no one else has to go through this mess. If I'd believed the Consumer Report score 53 out of 100, I might have selected a different car.
I hate to post this but if I wanted to go Hybrid or Plug in, I would go with a Toyota/Lexus model.

Un-decided

I hate to post this but if I wanted to go Hybrid or Plug in, I would go with a Toyota/Lexus model.
Just try to get one of those. They are hard to get. I've been trying. My Lincoln dealer had a GT on the lot but the 24 way seats were so uncomfortable, that was a deal breaker.

PaddyH01

I am sadly in agreement after what we have been going through. The Corsair GT PHEV should have been better than this! I liked it's looks better, it's ride was better, it's size better it's seat comfort better and it's use of regular gas better than the Lexus RX-450H (not PHEV), the BMW X3 & X5 PHEV or the Audi Q5 PHEV we drove. I thought the Corsair GT PHEV and Federal tax write-off would be the icing on the cake but not so as yet. This is our only vehicle and I don't want it to be the worst decision I ever made!! By the way, we even tried the Hyundai SantaFe PHEV and disliked it for the same reasons I stated above.

Pabaldeagle

SUPPORTING MEMBER
California
Driven Corsair GT 600 miles in the first month. Here is my list

Pros
Style, lines
mileage / range
Headlights (LED move with turns)
Ventilated seats
Glass Roof/retractable shade
Smooth and quiet ride
Solid (door closure) sound/feel
Peppy acceleration (enough)
30+ mile EV range charged in 3 hrs (240V) costing less than half the price of equivalent gas

Cons
Sync system startup delays - can’t turn radio power off until fully booted up, only lower volume
24 ways seats - can’t get comfortable - narrow back, headrest won’t recede back far enough
Loose “seat hooks” (service bulletin published for last 2+ years - should have fixed at factory!)
Pressing different seat memory button spikes radio volume (profile options identical)
Setting audio memory stations (via long press) does not always take
Random seat cushion inflations - on screen adjustment won’t move fully to full / right without first deflating
Can’t use iPhone with apple play or Lincoln+alexa without usb connection and no USB outlet in console near phone charger/holder
Phone as a key failed twice requiring backup code to start car. Carrying giant fob now.
Deep sleep mode keeps being triggered (driving short trips on pure EV must drain 12v?)
Low speed (coming to stop) last second lurching not uncommon
Even braking pressure does not deliver even deceleration- especially just before stopping
Dashboard does not display RPMs (in normal mode per manual) - would like to see impact of SelectShift
Dashboard default display gauges does not stay set between starts must be reselected each time
Using SelectShift only works with/immediately engages ICE
Intelligent Adaptive Cruise mistakes truck speed signs and slows car to match - turned off
No cargo tie downs/hooks in rear other than on back of rear seats

Last edited:

sellscrapcars

The reason of selecting this car is great interior design and look is very good. The second thing that attract me that is its security measures...
But disliking thing is coast, we can get same car by other company in less coast..