What are your likes and dislikes concerning the Lincoln Corsair?

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

JB IN AZ

These are VERY minor dislikes:
1) The piano-key type gear selectors. After almost 6 months and 14,000 miles I just can't get used to this system. Acura/Honda has a far superior push button setup, in my opinion.
2) The buttons for the cruise control being activated from the rear. Like 1) above, I have a hard time getting used to them, and have to take my eyes off the road briefly to figure out which button I need to use.

Wish list:
1) Walk away auto lock
2) Parking brake auto engage.

ALL these things are very minor as I absolutely LOVE my '21 Corsair Reserve!

Cekkk

OK, I’ve had this course for a few months now and have additional comments. One of the things I like about it is the double pole on the hood latch. The oil dipstick and filler tube could not be better positioned. I’m a big guy and find the seats very comfortable.

There are lots of lights that really aren’t necessary, but where is the light on the visor to let you know where your garage remote buttons are located? There is none. And the hand grip on the passenger side is in a very poor position. It belongs up by the pillar IMO.

And this might be a characteristic of front wheel drive vehicles. This is my first. When I pull out of a commercial driveway onto the highway just the slightest acceleration beyond very slow causes the tires to squeal. What’s that all about? Tire pressure is 32 as recommended. Any ideas or is that just the nature of front wheel drive cars. I mean I had two quads on my old 57 Plymouth back in 1960 and never squealed as much as I do with this corsair.

bbf2530

OK, I’ve had this course for a few months now and have additional comments. One of the things I like about it is the double pole on the hood latch. The oil dipstick and filler tube could not be better positioned. I’m a big guy and find the seats very comfortable.

There are lots of lights that really aren’t necessary, but where is the light on the visor to let you know where your garage remote buttons are located? There is none. And the hand grip on the passenger side is in a very poor position. It belongs up by the pillar IMO.

And this might be a characteristic of front wheel drive vehicles. This is my first. When I pull out of a commercial driveway onto the highway just the slightest acceleration beyond very slow causes the tires to squeal. What’s that all about? Tire pressure is 32 as recommended. Any ideas or is that just the nature of front wheel drive cars. I mean I had two quads on my old 57 Plymouth back in 1960 and never squealed as much as I do with this corsair.

Hi Cekkk. Are you sure the recommended tire pressure is only 32psi? That seems low.

Did you get that tire pressure recommendation from the manufacturers placard on the drivers side door sill?

EDIT - I took a quick look online, and from what I can find, it does seem the recommended tire pressure is 32. Wow...just seems low. Maybe try ~2 psi higher?

Good luck.

RedHoncho

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Ohio
Hi Cekkk. Are you sure the recommended tire pressure is only 32psi? That seems low.

Did you get that tire pressure recommendation from the manufacturers placard on the drivers side door sill?

EDIT - I took a quick look online, and from what I can find, it does seem the recommended tire pressure is 32. Wow...just seems low. Maybe try ~2 psi higher?

Good luck.
I just checked the label in my Corsair GT and it shows 33. The pressure rating varies dependent on the tire size. The CT has 19" wheels with optional 20" wheels.

The Lincoln Way app has been consistently showing mine at 35. I will check that today before I leave the house with my own pressure gauge just to confirm.

bbf2530

I just checked the label in my Corsair GT and it shows 33. The pressure rating varies dependent on the tire size. The CT has 19" wheels with optional 20" wheels.

The Lincoln Way app has been consistently showing mine at 35. I will check that today before I leave the house with my own pressure gauge just to confirm.

Hi RH. Yes,that is good advice, since everyone should be sure to check the manufacturers placard, which is located on the drivers side door sill, for the proper recommended tire pressures for their particular model.

And as you also mentioned, we always need too periodically check our tires with a good quality tire pressure gauge. At least once a month.

Just a general FYI for all of us: The TPMS system should not be used as the sole tire pressure gauge that we use to maintain our tires, and Lincoln specifically states that in the Owners Manual and other places.
Yes, the TPMS system readout does come in handy to give a quick check, but it is not a replacement for manually checking tires with a good tire pressure gauge.

Good luck.

Last edited:

JB IN AZ

I will add to the excellent advice here that tire pressures will drop 1 PSI for every 10 degrees F. So 90 F --> 40 F will be about a 5 PSI drop. Be sure to check those pressures at least monthly to keep on top of the falling PSIs due to falling temps!

RedHoncho

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Ohio
Hi RH. Yes,that is good advice, since everyone should be sure to check the manufacturers placard, which is located on the drivers side door sill, for the proper recommended tire pressures for their particular model.

And as you also mentioned, we always need too periodically check our tires with a good quality tire pressure gauge. At least once a month.

Just a general FYI for all of us: The TPMS system should not be used as the sole tire pressure gauge that we use to maintain our tires, and Lincoln specifically states that in the Owners Manual and other places.
Yes, the TPMS system readout does come in handy to give a quick check, but it is not a replacement for manually checking tires with a good tire pressure gauge.

Good luck.
I just checked my tires before I left the house. They are all at the proper 33 PSI per the label inside the door sill. The Lincoln Way app shows 35 but my tire gauge shows 33.

RedHoncho

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Ohio
Here is a frustration with the SYNC system. I can't figure out how to end a phone call without using the touch screen. Using the toggle on the steering wheel is very distracting and defeats the purpose of driving handsfree. My Nautilus had buttons on the steering to begin or end a phone call. So does my 2019 Escape.

I have checked the Lincoln owners support site. It is woefully out of date. There is currently no online user guide available for the Corsair nor Corsair GT.

If someone has a pointer please tell me. :)

JB IN AZ

Here is a frustration with the SYNC system. I can't figure out how to end a phone call without using the touch screen. Using the toggle on the steering wheel is very distracting and defeats the purpose of driving handsfree. My Nautilus had buttons on the steering to begin or end a phone call. So does my 2019 Escape.

I have checked the Lincoln owners support site. It is woefully out of date. There is currently no online user guide available for the Corsair nor Corsair GT.

If someone has a pointer please tell me. :)
I agree. In fact, usually by the time I figure it out, the other party has hung up making my time spent useless. LOL

RedHoncho

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Ohio
This solution is posted on another site on this forum. It says in here that to end a call you can press and hold the Phone button on the steering wheel. Says it works in some vehicles.
OK, I tried pushing the toggle to the right to the phone icon and holding it. That seems to be successful in hanging up the call.

JB IN AZ

I just remembered another annoyance. I can keep the car going straight on a straight road by holding the steering wheel steady (with two hands even) yet the car thinks that I need to put my hands on the steering wheel.... so I have to move the steering wheel a little bit to let the car know that I've still got my hands on the steering wheel. How stupid is that?

JB IN AZ

Got a hand weight? Try this (NO! Just kidding!)
Yeah, had heard about this, but I/we are not talking about "auto pilot"... or Tesla here. AND I DO have my hands on the wheel, keeping the car going straight!

I have no idea how these things are programmed, but I think Lincoln is being a bit over zealous here.

RedHoncho

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Ohio
Yeah, had heard about this, but I/we are not talking about "auto pilot"... or Tesla here. AND I DO have my hands on the wheel, keeping the car going straight!

I have no idea how these things are programmed, but I think Lincoln is being a bit over zealous here.
I think you can adjust the settings for this through the touch screen to be less matronly. Yes! That's the setting. Less Matronly!

I have been told if the car detects you're attention span is wandering you will get that warning. I only got it on long drives and it was probably true.

JB IN AZ

Truth is, with the Adaptive (or Intelligent) Cruise set, lane centering set, on long straight drives, I rarely look at the instrument cluster, my eyes usually just pointed ahead, and in the rear view mirror. So it comes as a surprise when I hear a couple of warning sounds, and the screen has a message saying "the vehicle is slowing down"

Bought this car for long trios, and other than this, I am very happy with it, but this nanny is too much.

I will check to see if there is an adjustment (Matronly, ha!) for the sensitivity of this.

JB IN AZ

I went through he settings, found one called Driver Alert, I believe. It was set to ON, I set it to OFF. I went out for a drive, but it was real windy, causing me to make steering corrections, so not a good test.

Sounds like your problems are the type that the service department can fix. Now, when you notice the transmission problems--the bumps and surges at low speeds (11 to 20mph) --you will find they can do nothing about them. You'll never be able to keep the "piano keys" area free of dust and the cargo cover that you can't retract, will always be in the way.
My 2021 Corsair didn't come with a cargo cover. I used them on all my other SUVs. I was so glad that I didn't just 'off the cuff' order one! I wouldn't have liked/used a hard nonretractabke cover! So glad I read about this on the forum!

JB IN AZ

I went through the settings, found one called Driver Alert, I believe. It was set to ON, I set it to OFF. I went out for a drive, but it was real windy, causing me to make steering corrections, so not a good test.
It has been a few days since I turned off the Driver Alert setting, and I don't think I have seen the "keep hands on wheel" message since. I have not been on the interstate since changing this setting, but I believe I would have seen it on the roads I DID travel on before this change. Good news? It would be better if it was more customizable... But I will test some more this weekend.