What are your likes and dislikes concerning the Lincoln Corsair?

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

kingdre

Atlanta, GA
Well, I am not into writing novels yet, but I will say I truly do not like the push button PRND. To me the D should be closest to the driver. Other than that, it's all good.
I hear you. I test drove it and was happy, but then realized I cant throw the car into reverse electronically as quickly because of the placement.

kingdre

Atlanta, GA
Cekkk wrote:

- The lack of ventilated seats.

Available in the environmental package (not "larger and grossly
overpriced", as some of the others might seem). I was under the
impression that it's standard equipment on the Reserve model (I'd
have to recheck my buying chart, though I don't have that handy
nearby at the moment). My car (Corsair Standard) has heated and
vented front seats.

- Six things to operate cruise control???

You have adaptive cruise control.

It's really not as bad as you make it sound. For the most part, once
you've activated the cruise control, the buttons you'll really use are
either of the "set" and "resume", much like cruise control has been
operated for decades.

- No heated steering wheel.

Also in the environmental package, I believe, and also, I *thought*,
standard equipment on the Corsair Reserve.

- Voice Activation button in the steering wheel ... activates
nearly every time you make a 90-degree turn?

Perhaps you want to adjust how you hold the steering wheel. I've had my
Corsair since August, and not once accidentally hit the voice activation
button.

- No front sensors.

I'm not sure about that. These would be part of "co-pilot 360", which is
standard equipment on all Corsairs, no? Mine has "co-pilot 360 plus",
which adminittedly isn't an inexpensive package but is worth it, for
example if you want adaptive cruise control. If you have that (and as I
note above, it sounds to me as though you do), then you most certainly
have parking sensors in front and rear.

- did they really make a rear hatch that only opens from inside the
vehicle?

No, of course not. There's a button on your key-fob to open it, and a
button under the second "L" of "Lincoln" on the back of the tailgate. On
the Reserve, I believe you might even have a "kick to open" hands-free
liftgate.

- You have to get out to close it?

No. All the same buttons (and kicking motion) that open it also close it.

- must I spend another half hour searching through lawyers written
owners manual to find the answer?

It might be worth your while to spend *some* time reading the owner's
manual, yes, unless all you really want is reason to complain about the
car. Most features seem intuitive once you've learned how to operate
them, but a small number actually do need to be learned. You might have
already found them all ...

- I'm sure most of these features would have been available that I
found a vehicle with the larger and grossly overpriced options
package, but it wasn't available.

Possibly that's the heart of your problem, though. Maybe this really
wasn't the car you were looking for or wanted? You likely would have done
better with simply a Corsair Standard with the environmental package and
perhaps the co-pilot 360+, which would be exactly the car I bought. It's
*most* of what the Reserve gets, without the oversized sunroof, oversized
wheels, and (unfortunately, in my opinion) real leather seats. Oh, and no
fog lights on the Standard.
I got my GT without the 20" wheels. Hard to find Corsairs without them. MUST be a high profit area lol

kingdre

Atlanta, GA
The auto stop feature and the wind noise come up a lot.

The auto stop feature isn't supposed to work at every stop light, the car looks at a lot of variables to determine if it is safe to disengage the engine. Most often, if you take your foot off the brake after the auto hold has engaged (green light in upper right corner of gauge pod), the car will more likely engage the off feature.

Any time you put a hole in a car you disturb airflow and therefore get wind noise. It's easiest to determine the personal offensiveness of this during a test drive..I do not at all care for nor need a hole in the roof of my car, actually it disturbs the very nice "Sanctuary" feeling....but cracking an opposing window open should relieve if not eliminate the blow thru and buffeting. Which is still preferable to driving a ToyoLexus, IMNSHO.
WOW!! My 2019 MKZ had a sunroof screen on the same panoramic roof. I'll definitely check into that.

kingdre

Atlanta, GA
My owner's manual says the following about the autolock feature:

Autolock (If Equipped)

Autolock locks all the doors when all of the
following occur:

� All doors are closed.

� The ignition is on.

� You shift into any gear putting your
vehicle in motion.

� Your vehicle reaches a speed greater
than 12 mph (20 km/h).

Autolock repeats when:

� You open then close any door while the
ignition is on and your vehicle speed is
9 mph (15 km/h) or lower.

� Your vehicle reaches a speed greater
than 12 mph (20 km/h).

It says nothing about whether I can disable it. About auto*un*lock,
it says:

Enabling or Disabling

You can enable or disable the feature from
the touchscreen or an authorized dealer can
do it for you. See Settings (page 478).

(I find nothing about it in the settings section starting at page 478,
but that's another matter ...)

I have to admit that I've not looked for either on the touchscreen
in the car, because I wouldn't be inclined to disable either feature.

I can't promise to actually check, as I don't use the car very
frequently ...
There was a menu in the MKZ to disable. I havent gotten in the GT yet.

kingdre

Atlanta, GA
Did you road test the vehicle under many different scenarios? For extended time periods?
I love it. I took my test drive DIRECTLY to the highway. I drive 30 minutes each way to work. My MKZ is casket quiet on a BAD day. I also know the tire quality can be an issue too. Run-flats vs reg tires AND tire quality.

kingdre

Atlanta, GA
I just remembered another annoyance. I can keep the car going straight on a straight road by holding the steering wheel steady (with two hands even) yet the car thinks that I need to put my hands on the steering wheel.... so I have to move the steering wheel a little bit to let the car know that I've still got my hands on the steering wheel. How stupid is that?
My MKZ does that too. Oh well. I turn on the massagers and ride lol

RedHoncho

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Marysville, Ohio
The seats were uncomfortable????? HOW? I've had them for over a year in my MKZ. EVERYONE loves them.
I had the 24 way adjustable massage seats in my 2019 Nautilus and loved them so I ordered them on my 2021 Corsair. I find them to be uncomfortable at times. I think they need more padding in them. Had I known this, I would have saved $1200 and just had the regular seats.

Pabaldeagle

SUPPORTING MEMBER
California
EVERYONE loves them.
Well, not everyone...I'm 6'2' 195 and find the back too narrow (presses against kidneys) even on the most wide open setting. I can't get the seat back to lean forward enough without the headrest pushing my head forward (yes, I know it pivots, just not far enough back). The seat had the infamous "clunk" around turns (I fixed it myself in 15 minutes per the technical service bulletin rather than leave it to my local dealer) and I find the massage choices unsatisfying.

Had I to do it over, I too would have saved the money,

kingdre

Atlanta, GA
Well, not everyone...I'm 6'2' 195 and find the back too narrow (presses against kidneys) even on the most wide open setting. I can't get the seat back to lean forward enough without the headrest pushing my head forward (yes, I know it pivots, just not far enough back). The seat had the infamous "clunk" around turns (I fixed it myself in 15 minutes per the technical service bulletin rather than leave it to my local dealer) and I find the massage choices unsatisfying.

Had I to do it over, I too would have saved the money,
Wow. Understand. I'll see in a couple weeks beyond the test drive.

mikemc53

Well I have had the vehicle only 3 weeks so not enough time for a full assessment but, to this point, I really love the car. It is a 2021 Corsair Standard in Burgundy Velvet and the only add-ons are the Co-Pilot 360 plus and the 101A equipment package. This is my first Lincoln and I have owned everything from Cadillac to small Ford Rangers to Jeeps to large diesel trucks and this is my favorite so far. Love the ride and the sound system along with the overall look of the car. I have had more compliments on this vehicle in just 3 weeks than I have gotten on any of my other vehicles, over time. So far no complaints - we'll see how this pans out - and my dealer experience, with the purchase, was exceptional!

heywardjr

Hi Cekkk. Vehicles are far more complicated nowadays, with tons of features. Some we may want, some we may not

In my opinion, the best way to be sure we are happy with what we buy is to factory order it. Do our due diligence (as you said), go through the standard and optional features, then factory order it exactly how we want it (within the Order Guide constraints), as opposed to settling for what is on the Dealer lot or what they can "find". Otherwise, we are at the mercy of whatever is on hand/available at the moment, or whatever the Salespeople have been told to push that week.

Of course, I also understand that some people want it now, or do not have the luxury of being able to wait 8-10 weeks. In that case, we have to take what we can get.

Hopefully you will eventually be able to overlook the perceived shortcomings of your new Corsair.

Hope you have many safe and happy miles of driving and good luck.
EXACTLY. I have always ordered my cars and trucks from Ford and now Lincoln. It's the only way to go in my book as that way you get what you want and it forces you to understand what you are ordering.

crweed9

I bought my Corsair April 30, 2021 and it has 6700 miles on it now. I am retired and really appreciate the multitude of "nanny" gadgets making it safer for me to drive, and drive about 200 miles per month around town. The rest of the miles have been trips to Las Vegas (1600 miles round trip). We get over 32 MPG on the road using 91 octane (recommended, not required). This car is the quietest, smoothest car I have ever had. Other cars drive like skim milk, this one drives like cream. It has plenty of power with the 2.3 turbo. We do some mountain driving in Colorado, of course. However, it had to go in because of Deep Sleep mode being activated. The dealer said he changed the battery December 6, but within a week the Deep Sleep mode came back. Since it does not seem to affect the drivability of this car, I have delayed taking it in again. My worry is that the "nanny" safety features and other convenience features that prompted me to buy this car, may be compromised by the Deep Sleep mode which turns off a number of features. This is a known problem when I Google Deep Sleep even though the car has an AGM battery. I hope they can fix it as this seems to be a perfect car for me. If anyone has solved the Deep Sleep problem, I along with many others (including I think Lincoln) would be very appreciative knowing the solution.

RedHoncho

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Marysville, Ohio
One of the things I don't like about my vehicle is the cover for the console. When I open the cover my elbow always seems to hit the "horns" that stick out of the bottom of the cover. These are there for simply esoteric reasons. Whoever did the design clearly didn't try it out before implementing the design. Those horns don't need to be there. Hopefully, they will change this on the next redesign in 2023.

kingdre

Atlanta, GA
I had the 24 way adjustable massage seats in my 2019 Nautilus and loved them so I ordered them on my 2021 Corsair. I find them to be uncomfortable at times. I think they need more padding in them. Had I known this, I would have saved $1200 and just had the regular seats.
Does the inflated back area setting help?