What’s better air springs or coils?

wolf_walker

Spray bottle with soapy water, spray everything, look for bubbles.
It's possible for a bad bag to leak down to a point and stop, if the crack
is rolled up into the bag it can compress enough to stop leaking.
More likely an o-ring though.

Cajun

Howdy Cajun. I don't know about the Westar components. But a lot of folks have used Moog CC865 variable pitch springs. I got mine from Rock Auto. And unless the shocks on the rear are leaking or bouncing, you really don't need to change them. Although shocks on these cars are a lot easier to change out than the '90's cars. But you may not find anything as good as the old ones. If you do go with coils, you could probably sell your new air components pretty easily. BTW, you did install new solenoids on the air springs as well, and put silicon on the o'rings, right?
Sorry to say, I did not install new solenoids. I believe that is my problem. Although, if I let the car sit long enough, it will drop probably 3.5". but no lower. I know that's too low, but, it does not drop any further no matter how long I let it sit.

I switched to coil springs and do notice a difference in ride. The ride is a little stiffer...basically rides like a cop car. But, boy, can I handle those curves with very very little body roll. I have had it loaded down with stuff and the rear stays up pretty nicely. probably not as quite with the bags but I recently went through the car and added about 50lbs of sound suppression insulation to the doors, trunk, wheel arches and hood. It was quite before, but now it is more "tomb-like".

Joqular086

SUPPORTING MEMBER

Joqular086

SUPPORTING MEMBER

Joqular086

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

HTML