• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1998 Town Car" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1998 Town Car" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Well, I did it. I put $1000.00 down (to a private party) to purchase a 1997 Jaguar XJ6L (X330).

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

Captain O

This car has received a lot of TLC. The current owner put $4000.00 worth of paint and "Clear Glass" (an extremely hard and durable) topcoat over a Champagne Silver paint job. This job was performed flawlessly! The Jag has 181,000 miles on it, but the fine points are:

1. The DOHC chain drive and tensioners do not rattle when revving the engine.
  2. There is no blue smoke upon acceleration.
  3. The rear differential doesn't bump, grind, or whine.
  4. All of the electrics work.
  5. The air conditioner blows cold.
  6. The engine doesn't hesitate when called upon to accelerate.
  7. The front doesn't "wander" when I take my hands off the wheel on the freeway.
  8. The tires do not show any uneven wear.
  9. The only things that he needs to replace is the radio antenna and repair the front cupholders.
  10. The brakes are solid.
The price for this "old girl"? $5,500.00 (I only have $4,500 more to pay and I have an insurance settlement of more than $6,666.66 (after the attorney has received his 33.33%).

Life can be good.

Corsart

This car has received a lot of TLC. The current owner put $4000.00 worth of paint and "Clear Glass" (an extremely hard and durable) topcoat over a Champagne Silver paint job. This job was performed flawlessly! The Jag has 181,000 miles on it, but the fine points are:

1. The DOHC chain drive and tensioners do not rattle when revving the engine.
  2. There is no blue smoke upon acceleration.
  3. The rear differential doesn't bump, grind, or whine.
  4. All of the electrics work.
  5. The air conditioner blows cold.
  6. The engine doesn't hesitate when called upon to accelerate.
  7. The front doesn't "wander" when I take my hands off the wheel on the freeway.
  8. The tires do not show any uneven wear.
  9. The only things that he needs to replace is the radio antenna and repair the front cupholders.
  10. The brakes are solid.
The price for this "old girl"? $5,500.00 (I only have $4,500 more to pay and I have an insurance settlement of more than $6,666.66 (after the attorney has received his 33.33%).

Life can be good.
Jag lover here, still have my original XJ6 which I might have sold you if I knew of your interest.

Jaguars are like the worlds best lovers, who unfortunately never feel well. You will come to understand this. If you embrace it is another matter....

Buy yourself a nice tweed cap while the bloom is still on the rose.

Captain O

Jag lover here, still have my original XJ6 which I might have sold you if I knew of your interest.

Jaguars are like the worlds best lovers, who unfortunately never feel well. You will come to understand this. If you embrace it is another matter....

Buy yourself a nice tweed cap while the bloom is still on the rose.
This Jag has been "well". (from what I can see). There were only 205 of these made (It has "Special Edition" on the door of the glove compartment.

(BTW, I already have a tweed cap and wear it frequently). :)

Captain O

I drove to Vancouver today and paid another $2000.00 on the X330 (XJ6L). I have only $2500.00 more to pay and it will be all mine! Yesssssssss! (It is so cool because it's a rare and exclusive Jaaaaag)! ;)

Corsart

I drove to Vancouver today and paid another $2000.00 on the X330 (XJ6L). I have only $2500.00 more to pay and it will be all mine! Yesssssssss! (It is so cool because it's a rare and exclusive Jaaaaag)! ;)
Wait.

You're giving a private party thousands of dollars and not getting the car? You guys have some signed contract, right? And an agreement about its (non) use during limbo time? And he's still insuring it? Right?

You might want to contact Hagerty about insurance after you obtain title, they are much less expensive then your regular carrier.

Captain O

Wait.

You're giving a private party thousands of dollars and not getting the car? You guys have some signed contract, right? And an agreement about its (non) use during limbo time? And he's still insuring it? Right?

You might want to contact Hagerty about insurance after you obtain title, they are much less expensive then your regular carrier.
Yes, I do have a signed contract with the gentleman. I do have a "non-use" agreement during this "limbo" time. It is still insured and the gentleman owns both a Land Rover and a 2009 Lincoln Town Car Signature L (black-on-black with darkly tinted windows where the passengers are seated). He's a 70-year old Marine and his wife conducts a tonsorial in their Vancouver, WA home.

Captain O

Wait.

Hagarty won't insure my Jag. To heck with them! I'll add it to my Progressive policy.

Corsart

it is likely because my car:

1. Has too many miles on it,
  2. will not be sheltered.
I don't know.

Mine has over 100k, so that's not it. "Sheltered"= garaged? You want to garage a Jag., especially an old one, all the electrics do not like the weather.

Captain O

I'll be picking up the Jaguar next month and setting her up for a road trip. (I just may drive her down to Mexico for another short vacation). A week in Mexico is SO relaxing! Who knows?

Captain O

I picked up the X330 today. It runs like a stallion! This is one of the coolest luxury cars on the planet.