Weird noise when moving wheel right to left

mikec82088

I recently got mkz about a month ago. When not driving just say in the middle of a drive thru to grab something to eat I get a kinda weird noise when turning wheel left to right. Any answers. Its a 2017 mkz 3.0 awd. It did pass inspection last month. I dont hear it driving or turning corners just at a stand still going left to right

bbf2530

I recently got mkz about a month ago. When not driving just say in the middle of a drive thru to grab something to eat I get a kinda weird noise when turning wheel left to right. Any answers. Its a 2017 mkz 3.0 awd. It did pass inspection last month. I dont hear it driving or turning corners just at a stand still going left to right

Hi Mike. Is your 2017 MKZ still within the 4 year/50,000 mile New Vehicle Warranty, a LincolnProtect ESP or any sort of CPO or other used car warranty from the Dealer? If yes, have them check it.

If not...more information would help. What sort of "weird noise". A clunk, squeal, creak, squeak...etc.?
Does it only happen on certain surfaces (i.e. blacktop or concrete etc.), or does it occur on all surfaces?

I would also recommend you have someone sit in your car and move the wheel while you have the hood open and try to ascertain where the noise is coming from.

Or go to any auto shop you trust (hopefully you have one you trust) and ask them to listen while you move the wheel left to right.

All of that information would help us give you something more than a blind Internet guess.

Get back to us with more information and good luck.